VIXEN - 1973 44' 1" NAUTOR'S SWAN Nautor Swan 44
Jamestown Rhode Island United States $89,000 USD
Jamestown Rhode Island United States
Iconic S&S Nautor Swan 44 from 1973, the 44 has always been held in high regard both for looks and performance. VIXEN had the desirable Kaufman keel and rudder modifications carried out in 1979, making her both more manageable and faster. Decks replaced and engine rebuilt, she has enjoyed a great ownership and only summer sailed in recent years.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1973 44' 1" NAUTOR'S SWAN Nautor Swan 44 Cruising Sailboat VIXEN yacht for sale in Jamestown, Rhode Island, USA today!
- IRC Rating – 1.015 (2005).
- Modifications: Kaufman Keel, Rudder, Bustle, and Stern – 1979.
- Previously known as: CHASSEUR (1973 – 1985); PATIENCE (1985 – 1994).
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Solid fiberglass hull with stringers. Galvanised keel girder.
- Foam cored deck.
- Black Awlgrip Topsides – 2000.
- Teak Deck 13 mm – glued down Teak Decking Systems – 2001.
- White Awlgrip Cockpit/Deck – 2001.
Keel & Rudder:
- Kaufman modified rudder design (larger and deeper).
- Kaufman modified keel profile.
- Lead keel with stainless steel bolts.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins 4108 – Rebuilt 1997, 1,353 hours at Oct. 2020.
- Engine # ED 70058 U 602416 L.
- Renewed custom water lifter muffler, 2014.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2 blade Max Prop – rebuilt 2001.
- Stainless prop shaft.
- Stainless strut with cutlass bearing.
- Nautor wheel steering, stainless wheel, with chain and cables to quadrant.
- 110 v shore power.
- 12v ships service.
- Renewed 12v circuit breaker panel.
- 2 Lifeline GPL-8DA AGM 12-volt house batteries, 2016.
- 2 Lifeline GPL-31 AGM 12-volt engine batteries, 2016.
- Newmar PT-25, 3-Phase 25-amp Smart Charger 2005.
- Balmer 125-amp alternator.
- InCharge 3-stage voltage regulator, programmable.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot and cold pressure water w/ Jabsco 36800 pressure water-pump.
- Seaward water heater 22.71 litres (6 US gal) (2016).
- Engine and 110v hot water.
- Electric Bilge Pump – Jabsco 34600 w/ auto switch, 10 GPM.
- Two (2) manual bilge pumps, 1 at helm and 1 between nav station and galley.
- 40 US gal (151.41 litres) stainless steel fuel tank.
- Two 44 US gal. (166.55 litres) stainless steel water tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 10 US gal. (37.85 litres) holding tank.
- Permanently mounted instruments to stay on boat.
- Raymarine ST60+ Tridata, Depth/Speed/Water Temp, 2007.
- Raymarine Wind ST60+, 2007.
- Raymarine Close Haul ST60+, 2007.
- Raymarine Fluxgate CompassST60+, 2007.
- 2 Raymarine LCD Displays ST60+, 2007.
- Raymarine Radar SL72, 2002.
- Garmin Color Chart Plotter 2006C GPS.
- Brookhouse NMEA 0183 Multiplexer, 2008.
- VHF Radio – ICOM M304, 2009.
- Barometer Graph – nav station.
- Barometer Instrument – nav station.
- 1 Danforth Constellation compass – helm.
- 1 Danforth Constellation compass – at primary winches for jib trimmer.
- 1 Richie compass – nav station.
- Jensen AM/FM Stereo/CD player w/ salon and cockpit speakers (Bose), 1996.
- Adler/Barbour CU 200 refrigeration 12 volt - 2019.
- Double centerline sink.
- Large refrigerator/freezer w/ pump-out outboard.
- 3-burner gimbaled propane oven just aft.
- Single head compartment aft, with head.
- Hand held shower.
- New head 2016.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Dorade vents.
- Led lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Folding pipe berths port/stbd forepeak with ample storage underneath.
- Saloon Settees port/stbd can also serve as berths.
- Pull-out pilot berths port/stbd outboard of salon settees.
- Galley to port.
- Nav station opposite to stbd.
- Large storage locker aft of galley.
- Head aft of nav station w/ ensuite shower and separate sump (renewed 2020).
- Aft cabin has two wide single berths w/ settee in between and ample hanging storage.
- 6’ 4” Headroom in main salon and aft cabin.
- I – 57.50’.
- J – 18.60’.
- P – 51.00’.
- E – 15.50’.
- White Awlgrip mast, twin spinnaker poles and reaching strut.
- Halls Spar Boom – 1998.
- Harken Roller Furler (with split (easy-removable) spool housing) – 1995.
- Quick Vang – 2000.
- Navtec Hydraulic Back-Stay Adjuster – 2003.
- All stainless-steel wire standing rigging with all Norseman fittings.
- All hi-tech NE Ropes running rigging – most replaced in 2019.
- Removable stainless-steel wire inner fore-stay on hi-field lever.
- Removable stainless-steel wire runners w/ NE Rope tails.
- 2 Lewmar #44 two-speed ST mainsheet winches at helm (forward).
- 2 Barient #32 two-speed ST secondary winches in cockpit.
- 2 Lewmar #65 two-speed ST primary winches forward of cockpit.
- 2 Barient #27 two-speed ST runner winches in cockpit (forward of secondaries).
- 2 Lewmar #43 two-speed spinnaker halyard winches on deck at mast stbd/port.
- 1 Lewmar #45 two-speed ST main halyard winch on mast stbd.
- 2 Barient #26 two-speed jib halyard winches on mast 1-stbd/2-port.
- 1 Barlow #25 inner forestay halyard winch.
- Sail Area – 930 ft.2.
- Main, Dacron, Banks Sails, 1996.
- Main, Pentax, Banks Sails, 1998.
- Storm Trysail.
- Jib, Heavy Weather, Dacron.
- Jib #3, Dacron, Banks Sails, 1995, new RF cover 2010.
- Jib #3, Pentax, Banks Sails, 1998.
- Jib #2, Tape Drive, UK, 2001.
- Jib #H1, Pentax, Banks Sails, 1998.
- Jib #L1, Pentax, Banks Sails, 1999.
- Jib #H1, Kevlar Ultra, UK, 2003.
- Jib Reacher, Dacron.
- Spinnaker .6, AIRX, Banks Sails, 1999.
- Spinnaker .7, AIRX, UK, 2001.
- Asym Cruising Spinnaker 1.5 w/ sock, UK, 2009.
- There are extensive spare parts that go with the boat.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 35lb. CQR.
- 45lb. Danforth.
- 25lb. Danforth “lunch hook”.
- 100ft. 5/16” chain (HT-G40) spliced to 200 ft. of 5/8” Brait eight-strand.
- 30ft. 3/8” chain (BBB) spliced to 100 ft. of 5/8” three-strand.
- 25ft. 5/16” chain spliced to 100 ft. of 1/2” three-strand.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Thurston Winter Cover (2008) w/ Aluminum Frame (1996).
- Thurston Companionway Dodger, 2007, renewed 2018.
- Thurston Mainsail cover w/top gun forward lining – 2019.
- Thurston Wheel Cover – 2013.
- Hatch Dodgers.
- Lee Cloths – Awning.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Coast guard safety equipment.