1999 43' SHANNON Cruising Sailboat 43 Biddeford Pool Maine United States $349,000 USD
1999 43' SHANNON Cruising Sailboat 43 Biddeford Pool Maine United States
Sail away in this proven cruising design. New Raymarine 2019, generator w/ aircon, black Awlgrip, versatile sail plan including storm jib and tri.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1999 43' SHANNON 43 Cruising Sailboat SQUANDO yacht for sale in Biddeford Pool, Maine, USA today!
The Shannon 43 is a perfect couples’ cruising yacht of hand-built pedigree. She features a large saloon and galley, great accommodation for guests, a versatile sail plan, protected cockpit and centerboard shoal-draft accessibility.
SQUANDO features a two-cabin, two-head layout with abundant storage. She is beautifully finished below in a raised-panel cherry interior with teak sole boards. The joinery work, finish and hardware detail are first class.
Well cared for by her owner, SQUANDO has benefited from many recent upgrades including Axiom series Raymarine electronics, “Black” Awlgrip topsides, Westerbeke generator, recent sail inventory and interior upholstery.
Currently stored indoors, SQUANDO is easy to view in a heated building.
- Hull Configuration: Keel/Centerboard
- Centerboard configuration offers a minimum draft of 5’-6” with board up and a maximum draft of 8’-7” with board down
- Grey non-skid
- Edson pedestal with stainless steel wheel, Morse control and Nav Pod for plotter and autopilot
LAYOUT (from Forward)
Forward, with access via the forward master cabin.
Forward V-berth with filler piece. Overhead hatch with OceanAir blind. Plenty of storage can be found in cabinets, shelves, drawers and three hanging lockers. The forward cabin also has its own air-conditioning unit of 7,000 BTU. Additional ventilation from two fans and opening ports. Halogen reading lights. All hatches and opening ports have screens.
Large head to port with receiver-style shower and designated teak grate-covered shower area. Raritan manual head with Y-valve, Corian countertop, sink and locker storage. Both the forward and aft head share a holding tank that can be pumped out via vacuum deck fitting or macerator.
Settee seating port and starboard with upper pilot berth to port used as storage. Centerline drop-leaf table with storage. Settees slide out for wider sleeping berths. Louvered cabinets and bookshelf located outboard of the starboard settee.
U-shaped galley to starboard with Corian countertops, stainless steel double sink, hot and cold pressure water, manual fresh water pump and manual saltwater pump. Filter for drinking water. Dish cabinet storage above the sinks. Useful “counter leaf extension” for additional serving area. Locker storage outboard and below the sinks. Tasco three-burner propane stove with oven. Refrigerator with top-loading and side door access, separate freezer system with top-loading access.
12v DC Sea Frost refrigeration system
- Engine driven freezer compressor
- Additional 110v AC freezer compressor
- Propane shut-off valve
- Fireboy propane solenoid control and sniffer
Aft of saloon to port with Corian counter, manual Raritan head with Y-valve, opening port and teak shower grate over shower sump.
Pocket door access to double berth quarter-cabin with filler piece. Hanging locker with shelves and drawer. Opening hatch and two opening ports. Private entrance into the day head. Access panel to generator aft. Access panel to port side engine.
ENGINE ACCESSBehind the companionway ladder, the forward end of the engine is easily accessed for service. Racor filters, oil filter, fuel manifold and belts are readily available. Additional access under nav station and via cockpit locker.
NAVIGATION AREA and ELECTRONICS
Aft to starboard. Navigation desk and swivel chair with proper chart table.
- Raymarine 12” AXIOM GPS, HD digital radar, plotter at navigation station with a second AXIOM
- Raymarine 9” AXIOM GPS, HD digital radar plotter display at helm (new 2019)
- Raymarine Autopilot AP600 control head with wired remote
- Raymarine ST60 multi-display
- Raymarine AXIOM sailing instruments, speed, depth and wind located in cockpit (new 2019)
- Bass electrical distribution panels for 12vDC and 110v AC systems
- ICOM ICM504 VHF with command mic at helm
- SEA 235 SSB
- Weems & Plath clock and barometer
- Ritchie compass on pedestal
- Navigation lights
- Passive directional radar sensor
- Alpine IDA X303 stereo with speakers below and in cockpit
Bowsprit capable of holding three anchors in rollers
- Maxwell windlass
- 60 lb. CQR with 50’ of 3/8” HT chain and 150’ of 5/8” rode
- Fortress FX-37 secondary anchor with 15’ of 3/8” HT chain
- Luke 70 lb. storm anchor with 10’ of chain and ¾” rode
HATCHES and PORTS
- Polished stainless steel hatches and ports
- OceanAir blinds to overhead hatches
- Stainless steel dorades with guards and teak boxes
WINCHES (Andersen self-tailing):
- 2-52ST 2 speed
- 1-62ST 2 speed
- 1-62ST 2 speed electric for main halyard
- 2-28ST 2 speed
- 1-40ST 2 speed
- 1-10ST 2 speed on boom
- 2-12ST 1 speed
- 1-10ST 1 speed on boom
- Stainless steel dinghy davits
- Sunbrella “Toast” dodger and bimini
Edson pedestal steering with destroyer stainless steel wheel. Single-lever Morse engine and transmission control. Westerbeke engine control panel located at helm to port. Navpod with Raymarine Axiom Hybridtouch display, Raymarine autopilot control head and ICOM CommandMIC VHF. A swinging varnished teak dining table is mounted on the forward end of the pedestal. A full bimini with stainless steel frame protects you from sun and weather. Outboard motor hoist and bracket on port aft rail. Centerboard control. Propane locker located behind helm with two tanks. Hot and cold cockpit deck shower.
RIG and SAIL HANDLING
- Ketch rig with white painted aluminum spars
- Stainless steel gallows frame
- Rod rigging
- Forespar whisker pole
- Boom vang
- Single line reefing for 1st and 2nd reef points
- Schaefer mainsheet traveler
- Trisail track
- Heavy duty preventer brake
- Selden Furlex genoa and yankee furlers
- Genoa 150%
- Yankee 135%
- Mizzen staysail
- Storm jib and storm trysail
- Westerbeke, 71 hp
- Max prop with line cutter (serviced 2019)
- Dripless shaft seal (2019)
- Bamar alternator for house and engine banks
- Westerbeke 5kW (2004)
- (2) Air-conditioning units (7,000BTU and 16,000BTU)
- Espar diesel heating system
- SeaFrost engine driven 12vDC and 110vAC systems
TANKAGE and PLUMBING
- 100 gallons total in three stainless steel tanks (2) 29 gallon and (1) 42 gallon)
- 100 gallon stainless steel tank
- 50 gallon stainless steel tank
- Not currently used
SALT WATER WASHDOWN
- For cleaning anchor chain
COCKPIT DECK SHOWER
- Hot and cold shower
- For fuel, water and holding. New sender units (2019)
- 10 gallon hot water tank
- 60 gallon stainless steel holding tank with deck and macerator pump out options
- 12v DC
- 110v AC supplied by shoreside power, onboard generator or DC inverter
- 110v AC GFI outlets
- 12v DC outlet at nav station
- (4) Lifeline AGM 3100T batteries
- Xantrex battery monitor
- Xantrex Freedom 458 inverter charger
- (2) 30amp shore power inlets
- Halogen and fluorescent lighting
- 8-person. Located below cockpit under teak grate. (Serviced 2019)
- (2) Electric bilge pumps
- (2) Manual Whale pumps, (1) in cockpit and (1) belowdecks
- M.O.M. system
- Fireboy CG2 engine room system
- Hand-held extinguishers
All personal belongings and all other items not expressly listed in the above inventory are excluded from the sale.