2010 43' 4" BROOM BOATS Motor Yacht Broom 425 Lymington United Kingdom £349,950 GBP
2010 43' 4" BROOM BOATS Motor Yacht Broom 425 Lymington United Kingdom
The Broom 425 is a hybrid hull design by Adrew Wolstenholme that will cruise the inland waterways of Europe or munch the miles offshore. ATHENA V was built in 2010 to a high specification, she is well maintained, 3-cabin layout example that has done relatively low hours on her twin Volvo D6 – 330 diesel engines. Stunning exterior good looks combined with sea keeping capabilities and wonderful living spaces, will keep you safely out on the water!
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2010 43' 4" BROOM BOATS Broom 425 Motor Yacht Flybridge ATHENA V yacht for sale in Lymington, United Kingdom today!
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorized “B”.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White GRP hull and superstructure.
- Blue gel coat to topsides with a red boot stripe.
- Teak laid to aft cockpit, side decks, aft stairs and bathing platform.
- GRP textured non slip to side decks and coach roof.
- Stainless steel pulpit along the bow.
- Port and starboard steps molded into the hull.
- Antifoul and anodes replaced (August 2020).
- Stainless steel hand rails to superstructure and coach roof.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Twin Volvo Penta D6-330HP on conventional shaft drives.
- In-line 6-cylinder, 5.5-liter diesel engine using common-rail fuel injection, double overhead camshafts, and turbo charged.
- The engines take full advantage of the electronically controlled unit injection fuel system, resulting in an environmentally friendly engine with outstanding performance and fuel economy.
- ZF Twin-Disc reduction gearboxes.
- Underwater exhaust outlets with underwater silencers.
- Volvo LCD EVC head unit for monitoring engine systems.
- 2 x Fuel and water separators.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – c.438/437 as of June 2021.
- Cruising speed – approx. 15 knots, maximum speed – approx. 25 knots.
- Engines serviced by Volvo agent (October 2020).
- Heat exchangers and oil coolers; removed, stripped and descaled. New end caps and seals (Nov 2020).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Direct stainless steel shaft drive.
- Tide marine dripless water-cooled shaft seals.
- Nylon flexible couplings.
- P bracket with cutlass rubber bearings.
- Twin rudders.
- 4 bladed Nickel aluminium propellers 24” x 26.”
- Power-assisted hydraulic steering system with steering wheel.
- 10” bow-thruster.
- Full engine instrumentation and electronic engine controls at helm position.
- Rudder position indicator.
- Centre lift Simpson davit with electric winch.
- Electro hydraulic folding mast.
- UK 220V/240V sockets.
- 12V socket.
- 24V engine start & auxiliary power batteries with battery link switch.
- 4 x 12V 125 amp batteries for engine cranking (replaced 2021).
- 4 x 6V 216 amp batteries for domestic circuit.
- Mastervolt battery charger / Inverter (replaced 2018).
- Mastervolt battery monitoring system.
- Engine alternators for charging.
- 12kw Fischer Panda generator.
- Generator hours: Circa. 74 (June 2021).
- Shore support inlet & cable.
- Correct polarity light signal.
- Water heated by engine heat exchange and 240V immersion heater.
- Automatic electric bilge pumps.
- Manual emergency back up bilge pump.
- 2 x 630 litre stainless steel tanks = total capacity of 1,260L (138 gallons).
- Twin fuel gauges at helm position.
- Fuel filler on deck both port and starboard.
- Capacity 454 litres (100 gallons).
Blackwater holding tanks:
- 154L black-water stainless steel holding tank.
- Waste tank with deck discharge connected to both heads and underwater discharge.
- Raymarine hybrid touch E165 chart plotter.
- Software update and replacement of chart card (2019).
- Raymarine autopilot with 6002 control head.
- Raymarine 4KW HD colour 24” Raydome.
- Ray 240E VHF radio and aerial.
- Remote control searchlight.
- Avonite galley worktop.
- 2 x stainless steel sink with mixer tap.
- Waeco front-loading refrigerator.
- SMEV gas oven.
- 3 burner gas hob.
- Panasonic Combination microwave oven.
- Stowage cupboards, crockery unit, lockers, bin, drawers and under-floor stowage bins.
- Bosch fridge (aft cabin).
- Polar icemaker (aft cabin).
- Isothem fridge (cockpit).
- 2 x Jabsco electric quiet fresh flush heads.
- 2 x Showers with mixer tapS.
- Hot and cold transom shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- heating system.
- Two diesel powered heaters for hot air heating to each cabin.
- Additional heating to cockpit & helm.
- Samsung 40” TV mounted in saloon.
- Radio head unit with CD/MP3 with Ipod docking station.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 3 cabin layout with full beam aft master cabin (with en-suite heads and walk-in shower), forward cabin with double berth (with en-suite heads/shower), and side guest cabin with twin single bunks.
- Cherry interior satin-varnished finish.
- Cream leather upholstery.
- Cream carpets throughout.
- Oceanair Internal pull down blinds and screens.
- Avonite worktop to galley.
- Stand-alone armchair in Troon red leather.
- Adjustable triple seat helm.
- Carbon wheel, dash and switch panel.
- Chart table.
- Twin windscreen wipers and windscreen freshwater windscreen pressure wash.
- Bilge pump controls.
- C-shaped seating in white Vinyl.
- Radar arch lighting.
- Stainless steel grab rails.
- Remote controlled searchlight.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Reversible electric Lemwar anchor windlass with foredeck and helm position controls.
- Delta galvanized anchor.
- Stainless steel bow roller.
- 4 sets of stainless steel cleats to each side.
- Solid stainless steel welded fender baskets.
- Fenders and warps.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- All exterior covers in captain navy blue sunbrella.
- Cockpit seating in white vinyl.
- Covers for saloon windows.
- Covers for dashboard and navigation equipment.
Tender & Outboard:
- Honwave 3.76m with 5hp honda outboard.
- 2 x Smartfind Epirb
- Automatic fire extinguishers in engine room and generator space (service date not verified).
- Manual fire extinguishers throughout accommodation (service date not verified).
- Fire blanket.