Bell'Avventura - 2005 43' 2" BENETEAU 423
Annapolis Maryland $144,900 USD
Sails and Rigging
• Added inner forestay, removable and stowable on spreader keepers. This is for the added #2 jib, which is built to storm jib specs and can be reefed to storm jib size. Can be used in 18 knots and up instead of reefing genoa. Jib comes with a day bag for storing on deck.
• Added third reef to mainsail so it can be reefed to storm trysail size. Per Neil Pryde sail makers, no separate try sail needed.
• Added retractable lazy jacks. Mainsail has never had any wear due to lazy jacks being left up during sail
• Added spreader patches to main sail at all 3 reef locations. These prevent main sail wear against the spreaders
• Added shroud rollers to allow genoa to tack more easily
• Added Garhauer adjustable genoa sheet car lead system
• Replace plastic roller furling line blocks with Garhauer stainless steel dual sheave blocks on all stanchions
• Add 2nd genoa halyard, spinnaker halyard, inner forestay halyard
• Added boom-end mainsail preventer system: two large snatch blocks, strops, red double braid line with shackle
• Stackpack battens covered where exposed to lazy jack lines to prevent UV damage to the battens. Stackpack main zipper replaced and all four batten pockets rebuilt 3/2020.
• Tefgel used at all dissimilar metal connections in standing rigging
• 13’ spinnaker pole/whisker pole, mounted on starboard foredeck stanchions with Forespar pole mounts
• Genoa sheets
• Mainsail sheet
• Standup hard boom vang
• All lines led aft to cockpit with dedicated (13) Spinlock stopper clutches
• Add B&G Zeus 2 7” touch screen chart plotter with broadband radar and GoFree wireless network
• Add ICOM M802 SSB (HAM bands enabled) system with AT 140 antenna tuner
• Add P4 Dragon DR-7400 pactor modem to SSB system for email communication
• Added VHF antenna to SSB to allow reception of distress signal ACK
• Upgrade stock VHF to GPS VHF w/ DSC and external remote mike at binnacle
• Add Acu-gage Ultra-8 tank monitor system
• Add 18” diagonal flat screen multimedia TV with custom mounting brackets and VGA cabling for laptop/pc usage
• Install LED light bulbs in running lights, anchor light, deck light, main salon and galley
• Replaced original stereo with JVC KD-X35MBS iPod/Aux/BlueTooth/Streaming Stereo
• Added XM/Sirius portable station antenna and wiring (portable station will not included in sale)
• Added Raymarine Rate Gyroscope to Raymarine ST 6001 autopilot computer – this enables the smart drive learned course correction feature
• Added Seatalk to NMEA 183 interface to Raymarine system. Allows interconnection and data sharing between Seatalk and other NMEA 183 devices e.g. laptop and B&G chart plotter.
• Replaced old-style Raymarine anemometer and instrument display with new-style anemometer and i-60 display 4/2019
Mechanical and Electrical Systems
• Installed German-made, commercial grade SuperWind 350 wind generator system (self-feathering, no need to stop in a storm, 30 watts at 25 knots).
• Install two Solarland 160W solar panels with Blue Sky 25A MPPT controller and IPN remote digital solar monitor display 11/2011
• Added Balmar 110A Series 6 high output alternator, MC-612 Max Charge Smart Eegulator to charge AGM batteries, and Digital Duo Charge to manage charge between house and starting battery. Alternator bought new in 09/2018. Digital Duo Charge has manual override switch installed
• Install Variprop 3 blade self-feathering propeller - adds up to a knot of boat speed. Original fixed blade prop available as spare
• Install ProSafe Galvanic Isolator system
• Added Xantrex Link 2000 battery monitor system
• Add 6 fans – two forward cabin, two main salon, one nav station, one aft cabin
• Add mechanical engine hour meter to back up digital hour meter in tachometer
• Wire secondary panel to allow single 30A house service to power air conditioning in order to avoid paying marinas for two 30A service when only one is needed
• Installed manual override for engine compartment blower switch (in starboard lazarette near the autopilot actuator). Would be used if relay that turns blower on via ignition switch burns out
• Added custom screen vent in Yanmar engine belt cover to improve high output alternator cooling
• Added engine strainer cover with garden house inlet to allow easy fresh water engine flush
• Engine blower re-wired to use house bank instead of engine start battery. This ensures the engine battery never gets discharged while running engine, which might have happened if house bank doesn’t get charged enough for Dual Charge to route charge current to engine battery. Note if that’s an issue for some other reason, you can always use the manual switch at the Dual Charge to force engine battery charge.
• Added third 4D AGM Battery for total house bank capacity of 630AH. Engine battery is also AGM.
• Installed Racor inline fuel/water separator. No spilled fuel when filling up.
• Primary anchor - 175’ all 3/8” BBB chain with 55lb (one level oversize) Rocna anchor
• Secondary anchor - 50’ 3/8” BBB chain, 250’ 5/8” nylon 3 strand with aluminum spade anchor
• Custom built V bridle with manta chain snubber
• Add wireless windlass control
• Wired windlass control
• Added MOB pole with horseshoe throwable (new cover 04/2019) and water-activated strobe light
• Added Lifesling MOB retrieval system
• Replaced all lifeline cotter rings with solid cotter rings that can only be removed with a tool. Added safety as regular cotter rings can remove themselves at times.
• Installed electronic water-sensing auto bilge pump switch in sump (in addition to standard float switch), this keeps bilge dry from A/C condensation and is a backup for the float switch.
• Prop shaft Volvo Dripless Seal replaced 7/2014
• Cutlass bearing replaced 6/2020
• Shaft log water inlet bronze nipple replaced with stainless steel collar and threaded nipple for easy maintenance and replacement. The original nipple had been known to break off.
• Install spring stand-up latches to bench seat top, navigation seat, and dry locker in galley. No dropping these heavy lids while underway.
• Replaced V-berth hatch with new glass and gasket 6/2018 • Add navigation station seat belt
• Add front cover to anchor locker lid to prevent seas from filling locker
• Add lee cloths port and starboard settees (bolt rope installation makes them easy to slide in or out to install/remove)
• Life Jackets (8)
• Hurricane dock line system in addition to standard docklines(chain loops for dock cleats and all lines doubled)
• 3 fire extinguishers
• Required flares and rockets Stowage
• Add four foot stainless steel hanging bar across ceiling in aft head. Great for hanging wet foul weather gear, bathing suits etc.
• Replace bench seat top with fully opening hinged lid to provide full access to the storage space inside, move seat inboard to allow better walk-through access through to the forward cabin. Through bolt bench seat to the floor boards, replacing original screws, allows secure storage of heavier items e.g. tools.
• Add removable shelf to level out bottom of locker under stove to improve storage
• Added fiddle board to create bookshelf on port side above settee
• Add fiddle board to create stowage area in aft galley in front of port light next to spice rack
• Add custom wood stowage frame with adjustable sections to create usable stowage on counter top above refrigerator. No screws, can be easily removed if not used
• Add medicine cabinet latches in aft head to keep cabinet doors closed.
Factory Installed Options
• 2 cabin layout
• Classic mast with full-size battens and stackpack (instead of roller furling mast/main)
• Yanmar 4JH4E 54hp engine. Valves professionally adjusted and prop shaft aligned 11/2019. 1616 hours as of 6/2020. All maintenance up to date, maintenance records available.
• Electric halyard winch
• Air conditioning, 2 systems that cover entire boat: Cruisair 12,000 BTU (main cabin) and 7,000 BTU (aft cabin) self contained marine air conditioners/ reverse cycle heaters with SMXir digital controls and remote control
• 2 macerators, one for each head. Each rebuilt 9/2016, both working
• Hatch and portlight screens
• Raymarine ST 6001 autopilot, wind instruments, depth and speed
• White leatherette salon cushions (re-covered 2/2015), light green velour aft cabin cushions.
Customizations and Additions
• Custom built stainless steel radar arch, integrated with stern pushpit, with retractable dinghy davits, two wind generator masts, and center gimbaled radar mast, removable bimini frame
• Installed Espar diesel heater. Keeps boat warm and toasty in cold weather.
• Added dodger, bimini, and bimini to dodger connector for full overhead shade. Bimini to dodger connector is easily installed, made tight, and removed due to custom rotating frame
• Dodger, bimini, bimini connector, stern seat cushions, genoa roller furler cover, main stack pack all stitched with Tenara lifetime thread, no re-stitching will be necessary
• Steering wheel re-stitched with Tenara lifetime thread 2/2020
• Added OceanAir retractable screen/blackout shade on V-berth hatch
• Built removable “Admiral’s” seat for companionway
• Added navigation station seat cushions that match saloon cushions
• Added stern quarter seat cushions
• Added removable blackout shades to V-berth port lights so V-berth can be dark even during the day
• Added lightweight cockpit table leaves. These are smaller to improve seating in cockpit when using table. Original large, wood leaves available (must be shipped from Austin, TX) in original soft storage bag, never used.
• Added removable stainless steel counterweight to stove to level out stove when gimbaled and using heavy pot (e.g. pressure cooker) on large back burner
• Added full sunbrella wheel cover and winch covers
• Added Magma round party-size propane grill
• Installed 2nd propane tank (2 x 10 gal propane tanks in propane locker)
• Installed variable speed fresh water pump (almost silent, compared to original noisier fixed speed pump)
• Added brass ship’s clock and barometer
• Recover all interior cushions with stain resistant leatherette (except aft cabin cloth covered cushions) 02/2015
• Replaced dodger glass and add sunbrella dodger glass covers 02/2019
• Replaced old-style Jabsco head pumps with new style locking pumps, both pumps rebuilt 2/2020.
• Upper and Lower rudder bearings replaced 07/2020
• Replaced rotted elastic band corners on all window shades with Velcro, replace all screw buttons with Velcro
• 5 large fenders
• Dorade covers (inside and outside)
• (6) braided dock lines
• Includes a variety of spare parts ie, joker valves, winch service grease, prop zincs and more
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information
Builder / Designer
• Builder: Beneteau USA
• Designer: Groupe Finot Dimensions
• LOA: 43 ft 2 in
• Radar - Broadband
• Wind Speed and Direction
• Repeater(s) - Sea Temperature
• TV Set - Flatscreen
• Autopilot - w/ Rate Gyro
• Radio - Stereo w/ Ipod/Aux/USB/BlueTooth/Streaming
• Cockpit Speakers - along with standard salon speakers
• VHF - w/ Auto distress Calling,DSC,Remote Mic
• Fully Battened Mainsail - with stack pack and lazy jacks, 3 reef points in lieu of storm tri sail
• Storm Jib - #2 Jib reefs to storm jib
• Furling Genoa - 140% with foam luff to maintain shape at 3 reef points
• Electric Bilge Pump - Dual Units for safety
• Oven - Force 10 3 burner propane stove with oven/broiler
• Manual Bilge Pump
• Microwave Oven
• Marine Head - Manual (2)
• Air Conditioning (2)
• Heat Pump
• Heating - Espar forced air
• Hot Water - 110 volt and engine driven
• Refrigerator - Adler Barbour 12 volt w/ front loader and top loading freezer Electrical Equipment
• Shore Power Inlet
• Inverter - 400 watt plus separate charger Outside Equipment/Extras
• Cockpit Shower
• Outboard Engine Brackets
• Radar Reflector
• Wind Generator
• Solar Panel - (2)
• Cockpit Table
• Swimming Ladder Covers
• Bimini Top
• Lazy Bag
Also Available Subject to Negotiation
Winslow 6 person marine life raft, certified through Sept 2021, Type A pack
Katadyn Survivor 35 Manual Watermaker with new membrane, never used
Bolt cutters, new unused
Celestaire Atra IIIB Sextant with all manuals needed for celestial navigation
Gale Rider Storm Survival System Drogue with 250’ rode
4 inflatable mega fenders with covers
Floating ditch bag fully stocked with emergency food/water/equipment
ACR GlobalFix GPS EPIRB, brand new
’80 foot towing line
Sailrite LSZ 1 Sewing machine with Monster wheel
Pair of Dakine folding bikes (like new condition)