RUSTLER 42 - 2021 42' RUSTLER YACHTS Rustler 42
Rhode Island POA
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· A hand laid up system, using glass fibre re‐enforced polyester (GRP) in accordance with Stephen Jones construction drawings and using Lloyds approved materials.
· The hull has a double gel coat and isophalic resin lay‐up through out with matched chopped strand mat and woven roving for maximum resistance to porosity and tropical conditions.
· Coachroof and inner coamings are stiffened with 12mm balsa core and all deck fittings are reinforced by 12mm marine ply pads.
· The hull and deck are joined by overlapping GRP laminate with the resultant bulwarks capped in teak.
· Stanchion bases and cleats are mounted on top and through bolted.
· A choice of colours is available for hull and decks, however the standard yacht is offered with white topsides and off‐white decks as standard.
· The side decks have a moulded‐in non slip finish.
· Teak laid side decks are available as an option.
· The hull has two coats of antifouling applied to the owners colour choice, with a boot top.
Keel & Rudder:
· The rudder is constructed using a 50mm stainless steel stock with large tangs encapsulated in GRP.
· The rudder is fully protected with a full length skeg.
· The stock has a needle roller bearing at top, bronze gland with greaser at hull position and a massive bronze fitting at base of rudder skeg.
· The ballast is a lead casting comprising of 4.6 tons, and fully encapsulated in the keel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· The engine is located directly over the keel, perfect for weight distribution. Superb access via hinged lid with ability to remove all surrounding panels.
· 1 x Nanni N4.50 (50hp) diesel engine with 2:1 mechanical gearbox. 100amp alternator. Engine is flexibly mounted with built‐in drip tray.
· Cooling by means of seawater, cooling a closed freshwater system through a heat exchanger.
· Engine compartment is insulated with noncombustible foam sound deadening material; fan ventilation.
· Seawater cooling is discharged through the exhaust, which is reinforced rubber hose, with its exit aft through a skinfitting.
· A waterlock is fitted at the lowest point and the engine cooling water return is looped and vented to prevent syphoning.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Single lever control on steering pedestal.
· Instruments in cockpit include tachometer, oil pressure and Temperature audible alarm, alternator warning light, starter switch and stop control.
· Whitlock Cobra steering system with Reliant pedestal, binnacle compass and Commodore hide covered stainless wheel.
· This is a direct drive system with quadrant gear, levers and draglinks giving excellent mechanical advantage and the ultimate in feel and responsiveness.
· Emergency tiller is provided.
· A 30mm diameter stainless steel shaft together with an Aquadrive unit and a fixed pitch 3 bladed bronze propeller is fitted.
· A rubber cutlass bearing is fitted outboard, lubricated by injecting part of the seawater from the engine cooling into the stern tube aft of the inboard bearing.
· Main switch panel is protected by contact breakers.
· Three heavy duty batteries, charged from 100A engine alternator, one for engine and two for domestic use.
· Isolating switches with link between engine and service bank for emergency starting.
· Shore power is provided with standard 60A mains charger for batteries and 240V sockets in galley, fwd cabin, aft cabin, chart area and saloon.
· 15m shore power lead supplied.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Calorifier (14 gallons) providing hot water either heated from engine or immersion heater from shore power.
· All wastes and seawater pipes are reinforced PVC.
· Freshwater pipes are non‐toxic polybutylene.
· All flexible pipe connections are made with stainless steel hose clips.
· Hull exits through bronze Blakes seacocks and skin fittings.
· External manual bilge pump fitted adjacent to helm position.
· Two Henderson MKV pumps, one located in cockpit, the other sited internally, both discharge overboard.
· One submersible electric pump.
· Pick‐ups are in the main bilge and discharge is overboard through skin‐fittings.
· Stainless steel tank, holding approximately 320 litres (75gallons) filled from the side deck and vented outboard.
· Isolation valve fitted to tank and contents are measured by an air pressure gauge.
· A primary filter/water separator is fitted in addition to the engine fuel filter.
· Fuel spill‐off is returned to the tank.
· Stainless steel fresh tanks under saloon and galley floors. (110 gallons, 500litres).
· Fitted with inspection hatches and dip gauges.
· Tank filled from side deck and vented overboard.
· Gas bottles stored in a vented locker under helmsman seat.
· 1 x 4.5kg bottle supplied, space for three.
· Gas piped in rigid copper pipe to galley, flexible hose to the cooker and an additional isolation valve is fitted by the cooker.
· Twin stainless steel sinks.
· Fresh water mixer tap to sink and manual foot pump with faucet.
· Aquafilter to manual pump system.
· GKN Espace Ocean chef cooker, 3 burner grill and oven, fiddled and gimballed.
· Bin under sink unit.
· Large moulded fridge compartment top loading with keel cooled compressor unit.
· 2 x Marine WCs.
· 2 x Showers.
· Halogen 10W flush lights throughout.
· Reading lights to saloon.
· Red/white lights to heads, red courtesy lights to chart area, galley and companionway steps.
· Additional switchable white lights to chart table and pilot berth.
· Option for LEDs throughout.
· Two 25 watt port and starboard nav lights to pulpit, one 25 watt tri‐colour masthead navigation light combined with 10 watt all‐round white light; one 10 watt stern light; one 25 watt steaming light; one 35 watt sealed beam deck light.
Summary of Accommodation:
· The interior joinery is constructed from high quality materials and in accordance with the very best yacht building practice.
· Joinery is finished in solid European oak and marine faced quality plywood as standard.
· The interior hull is flo‐coated below the waterline and lined with a moisture resistant material above the waterline.
· All locker doors and drawers have secure push button catches.
· Skyscreens and curtains can be fitted as an option.
Description of layout from forwards:
· V berth with infill to make large double.
· Stowage under.
· Draws and hanging locker to starboard.
· Book shelf and lockers port and starboard.
· Door to saloon and toilet.
· Anchor locker access forward.
· Moulded GRP unit with marine wc, washbasin, lockers outboard and under sink unit.
· Shower mixer tap.
· Seat over wc.
· Grating to shower tray.
· Opening hatch.
· Fixed portlight.
· Very large saloon open plan to galley and chart table area.
· Oak saloon table to port with seating for 8.
· Port and starboard seating can be used as berths and have lee cloths.
· Stowage under saloon seating.
· Stowage for cutlery, crockery etc.
· Large chart table with plenty of space for instrumentation.
· Chart stowage under hinged lid.
· Stowage to port side of seat and under.
· Book shelf.
· Navigators pilot berth aft of nav seat.
· Main electrical panel outboard.
· Additional dedicated chart draw under berth.
· Stowage locker beneath draw.
· Moulded GRP unit with marine wc, washbasin, locker outboard and under sink unit.
· Mixer tap to sink.
· Separate shower head behind door with separate mixer.
· Seat over wc.
· Grating to shower tray.
· Opening hatch.
· Fixed portlight.
· Access to wet locker behind wc.
· Large wet locker accessed through aft heads, and drained to bilge.
· Shelf for boots.
· Access to machinery space.
Machinery Space / Locker:
· Large space suitable for installation of generator, heater unit, watermaker etc.
· Alternatively, a large storage locker.
· Spacious double berth.
· Draws and hanging locker to port.
· Further large storage lockers to port and behind companionway steps.
· Cutter rig standard.
· Mainsheet track and car with 6:1 purchase block system fitted to centre of cockpit behind which is the wheel binnacle.
· Chainplates to cap shrouds, aft and fwd lowers, backstay.
· Genoa tracks in aluminium with cars.
· Webbing jackstays.
· Selden deck stepped double spreader anodised mast and boom section.
· Track to front of mast for spinnaker pole option.
· Fixed cleats and stoppers as necessary.
· Turning blocks to mast base.
· Single line slab reefing lead aft as standard.
· Selden Gas Rod Kicker.
· Standing rigging:
1. All standing rigging stainless steel 1 x 19 10mm wire throughout and including forestay, cutter stay, forward and aft lowers, capshrouds and backstay.
· Running rigging:
1. Main halyard, topping lift, vang led aft to cockpit.
2. Yankee and staysail halyards cleated off at mast.
3. Yankee and Staysail sheets.
4. Spectra checkstays for heavy weather.
5. Lazyjacks, burgee and signal halyards.
· Two Anderson 40ST stainless winches mounted either side of the companionway coachroof, together with associated clutches, to control reefing and halyard lines lead aft.
· 2 x Anderson 58ST sheet winches plus 2 x 46ST spin/ running backstay winches.
· Anderson 28ST mast winch with clutch above.
· Fully battened mainsail with 3 reefs and Selden MDS car system.
· UV protection to yankee and staysail.
· Furlex 300S furling gear to yankee, hanked on staysail.
· Teak laid cockpit seats and sole, locker tops and bridge deck.
· Cave lockers port and starboard.
· Lockers under helmsman seat including gas, emergency tiller and warps locker.
· Large stainless steel hoop provided to protect binnacle.
· Sliding companionway hatch and garage in perspex with two teak storm boards. Speed, depth and wind instruments to the companionway instrument pod.
· Grab handles port and starboard of companionway.
· Stemhead fitting in stainless steel with bronze rollers.
· Pulpit and pushpit in stainless steel.
· Stainless steel stanchions and guardwires with gates port and starboard.
· Stainless chafe protection to teak toerail sides where appropriate.
· Dorade vents to saloon, forward heads and forecabin.
· Handrails in teak to coachroof.
· Fixed portlights to coachroof sides.
· Hatches to saloon, aft heads, fwd heads and fore cabin.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Electric anchor windlass with foot switches.
· Six bulwark mounted mooring cleats.
· 20kg Delta anchor, 60 m 3/8” galvanised chain.
· 2 x 15 metre x 16mm Mooring warp.
· Four fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Sprayhood with hide covered grabrail.
· Mainsail cover.
· Safety harness attachment points.