1982 42' NAUTOR'S SWAN Cruising Sailboat Nautor Swan 42 Newport Rhode Island United States $135,000 USD
1982 42' NAUTOR'S SWAN Cruising Sailboat Nautor Swan 42 Newport Rhode Island United States
Hull no. 24 of 38 Nautor Swan 42s built in the early 80s. She has been in the US for all her life and in this ownership has been used to cruise the Caribbean and New England. She has been mostly sailed single handed and is there for set up very well.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1982 42' NAUTOR'S SWAN Nautor Swan 42 Cruising Sailboat Sloop CORBAN yacht for sale in Newport, Rhode Island, USA today!
CORBAN has been in the US since arriving fresh from Nautor’s Swan in 1982. However, this is not the same boat as CORBAN is a totally unique Nautor Swan 42.
CORBAN is hull number 24 of 38 Swan 42s built in the early eighties when the Nautor brand had made a name for itself building true offshore sailing yachts. Very robust construction built for safety and longevity. The bilge web frame is constructed of thick marine grade aluminum that was anodized in Nautor’s own anodizing tanks. A monolithic GRP hull is stiffened by laminated longitudinal stringers with a hull thickness of one inch below the waterline. This series of Swan started a new construction specification using a more water resistant isophthalic resin for hull and deck laminations instead of the orthophthalic resin used on earlier models. The deck is foam cored. A keel stepped two spreader Nautor Mast aluminum and silver anodized. Navtec rod rigging and Navtec hydraulic boom vang and backstay adjuster. The Swan 42 enjoys similar build scantlings to larger models in the Swan line of the time. An oversized aluminum toerail and thick stainless steel chainplates. The spade rudder is laminated onto a stainless steel frame that includes a four inch diameter thick wall stainless steel rudder stock supported by upper and lower stainless roller bearings. It is slightly less than one full turn lock to lock on the wheel which gives the helms person a great amount of feel when sailing.
The deck employs a two cockpit arrangement. The center footwell cockpit makes for easier access to the interior and is protected by a spray-hood. The aft cockpit is efficient with two shallow seat lockers and space below the helm seat large enough to stow a life raft as well as the propane tank for the galley stove. The teak deck was recently replaced and nicely detailed by a shop specializing in Swan service. The deep fin lead keel gives the 42 outstanding windward ability. CORBAN is equipped with the optional inboard sheet tracks for the staysail or a code 4 headsail. Down below
CORBAN has a large saloon with 6 ft 2” headroom. The saloon was modified last year to change the P side L shaped settee to a U shape. The Stbd side settee was also modified into a curved seat base aft from the original straight bench seat. The entire interior seating cushions were redone last year in antique leather in an overstuffed tufted style. Both saloon pilot berths have been converted to a shelving and stowage. The forward cabin has a custom double berth with a small seat and lots of stowage in P & Stbd lockers. The forward cabin also includes a custom Corian top wash basin. The galley stove has been upgraded to a Force 10, 3 burner with oven and broiler. There is a stainless double basin sink and a large top loading refrigeration. The aft cabin has standing headroom. The cabin has recently been reconfigured and now has a centerline double berth. Lots of stowage aft and a hanging wardrobe.
The navigation desk includes new Garmin sailing instruments, radar, plotter, VHF and handheld GPSMAP with inReach capabilities.
CORBAN has recently been re-powered with a new Beta Marine 50hp engine with the exhaust system upgraded. The entire electrical system has been upgraded to a C-Zone system as well and a large compliment of Siren Marine monitoring sensors. The service batteries have been upgraded to lithium ion units.
CORBAN’s owner has enjoyed the boat for many years and has sailed throughout and between the Caribbean, Bermuda and New England. Many of these offshore trips done singlehandedly which is a tell how easy this boat is to sail and how well it’s rugged build quality takes care of its crew. A fast, seaworthy and fun yacht.
CORBAN has been a familiar sight on the East Coast of the USA, Bermuda and the Islands, especially St. Barths where she loved to hang out for the winters. Her owner quite frequently could be seen teaching other mariners the joys of celestial navigation! If not for the demands of a highly successful marine electronics company, CORBAN could easily be in New Zealand as the plan was to head there for the America’s Cup last Fall. This boat was ready to go anywhere, anytime. It is not often that an owner purchases the same boat twice, but this owner did exactly that, talk about a love affair with a boat!
Many of these offshore trips done singlehandedly which is a tell how easy this boat is to sail and how well it’s rugged build quality takes care of its crew. His young son joined him for many a trip and adventures on board CORBAN. She is a fast, seaworthy and fun yacht.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull.
- Black awlgrip.
- Black coaming stripes.
- Teak decks, very good condition, laid by Osmotech in Annapolis approx. 2013.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Beta Marine 50hp engine - 2018.
- 12vDC domestic system.
- Mastervolt C Zone (traditional Swan breaker panel eliminated)
- Mastervolt wireless interface
- Mastervolt Lithium Ion battery MLi Ultra.
- Mastervolt MPPT Solar Charger Master 25 (solar regulator).
- Mastervolt Masterbus serial interface.
- Mastervolt masterbus NMEA 2000 Interface/wireless interface.
- Mastervolt Multipurpose contact output.
- Blue Sea Systems Remote battery switch.
- Mastervolt Combi unit inverter/charger.
- Mastervolt MacPlus DC-DC charger.
- Mastervolt DC-DC converter.
- Mastervolt Alpha alternator, high output.
- 110V shore power.
- Solar panels on custom mount on stern.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Hand held shower in head.
- Extra custom sink in forepeak.
- Total fuel capacity of 39 gallons (approx. 148 litres).
- Total water capacity of 76 gallons (approx. 288 litres).
- GARMIN GNX 20/21 MFD.
- Garmin VHF 110/210 AIS Series.
- Garmin Class B compact drive unit.
- Garmin Radar, dome is GMP Fantom 18/24.
- GARMIN GPS Map 7610 (2 monitor).
- Fusion MS NRX300.
- Force 10 propane stove.
- Double SSt sink.
- Propane sniffer.
- Tecma Macerator toilet.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Dometic Air conditioning.
- Bora three speed fans.
- LED interior lights.
- Lumishore EOS thru hull lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Forepeak with double berth to port, sail storage below.
- Acqua Leather Upholstery, antiqued look, brown, 2019.
- Main salon with u-shaped salon to port, straight settee to stbd.
- Chart table on stbd side, galley opposite.
- Danish cabin lights on fwd bulkhead in main saloon.
- Four extra opening ports (2 in main salon, two in forepeak area).
- Custom sink in forepeak.
- Combo swim/forepeak ladder.
- Teak grating in forepeak floor.
- Original dining table has been removed and no longer available.
- Aft cabin customized by Osmotech in 2013, leaving both single berth port and shelving unit stbd, with a queen berth on centerline.
- Aft hatch from aft cabin to cockpit also customized, full size for entry in and out.
Sails & Rigging:
- Colored coded running rigging.
- Navtec hydraulics, vang and backstay.
- Custom sprit.
- Roller furling.
- 2 Spreader Nautor alum rig.
- Alum shroudrollers.
- I = 54.88’.
- J = 16.67’.
- P = 48.75’.
- E = 14.08’.
- Lewmar winches.
- Quantum Main.
- Quantum Furling jib.
- Cockpit table.
- Lifeline gates both sides.
- SST cowl vents.
- Curved helm seat.
- MOB fitting in stern.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar windlass.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Tan canvas wheel cover.
- Black mainsail cover and main companionway dodger.