1978 42' GRAND BANKS Trawler Yacht 42 Classic Michigan City Indiana United States $139,900 USD
1978 42' GRAND BANKS Trawler Yacht 42 Classic Michigan City Indiana United States
A Great Loop veteran, La Principessa is a classic Grand Banks trawler that has had significant upgrades over the years and shows like a much newer boat.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1978 42' GRAND BANKS 42 Classic Trawler Yacht La Principessa yacht for sale in Michigan City, Indiana, USA today!
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT
The aft stateroom has a queen berth to starboard and a single to port. Steps to the aft deck are centered along with a set of drawers. An ensuite head complete with toilet, basin and shower.
The main salon is bright and airy with a dinette table surrounded by a wrap around settee. La Principessa has been equipped with a wine cooler in addition to the refrigerator. A new two burner cook top and microwave oven and sink complete the port side galley. Two side doors in the main salon offer easy access and line handling. Behind the starboard side door is a teak bar cabinet.
The lower helm station is to starboard and offers outstanding visibility. Custom blinds throughout as well as a new headliner complete with new LED lighting on dimmers in the salon.
The guest cabin is forward and is a standard vee berth with the second head with shower to starboard.
Beautiful teak woodwork and ample storage throughout.
The upper helm is complete with plotter, hailer, VHF and auto pilot control. Fantastic view with custom seating aft. Stereo speakers. Hinged mast and easy to access via steps (no ladders).
UPGRADES and NEW SYSTEMS ( as of July 2021 )
- Salon refurbished in 2003 with new headliner and recessed lighting (some LED) on dimmer controls
- A Norcold wine cooler was added
- Crowley's (Chicago) painted top sides in white awl grip in 2006
- Crowley's (Chicago) removed and re-bedded salon windows with new tracks (have receipts).
- All new upholstery in salon and bridge furniture
- Starboard transmission replaced and new couplings and damper on both starboard and port transmissions.
- New twin 30 amp SmartPlug receptacles and breaker box
- $35,000 teak deck replacement (main and side decks)
- Aluminum fuel tanks installed 1999 (twin 300 gallons)
- Heads and holding tanks replaced in the late 1990's
- New exhaust system on both motors in the late 1990's
- Two new fresh water tanks replace the original
- Vee berths forward, storage under, hatch overhead, and ensuite forward head with electric toilet., sink and shower.
- Hanging lockers opposite the head
- Large hatch w/ cover
- Main salon includes galley to port with down helm station to starboard. Aft of helm is small desk with liquor cabinet above. Aft starboard is L-shaped settee with original Grand Banks leaf table.
- Nice overhead lighting with dimmers
- Blinds on all windows
- 4 stereo speakers in main salon
- furniture re-upholstered
- The main salon was completely re-decorated in 2003
- Double berth to starboard, single to port
- Built-in desk and drawers
- Nice storage throughout
- Stairs leading to aft deck ( removable )
- Storage locker
- Ensuite- Shower - electric toilet, sink, storage.
- Newer 2 burner Force10 cook top
- Newer uLine wine cooler
- Norcold refrigerator
- Origo microwave
- sink, storage, etc.
MECHANICAL and ENGINE
- Onan 6.5kw generator
- Cruisair reverse cycle a/c systems (2 compressors)
- Halon fire extinguish system
- (2) manual and automatic bilge pumps
- Cabin engine controls
- Holding tank electrical and manual discharge
- Bilge blower
- Fuel shut off valve
- Raritan 12 gallon hot water heater
- Parametric 3-50 battery charger
Deck and anchor
- Electric windlass, controls from both upper and lower helm
- 45 plow anchor with chain/rope rode
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.