Miraculous - 1990 41' 6" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 38
Rock Hall Maryland United States $109,900 USD
Rock Hall Maryland United States
About the Island Packet 38
The Island Packet 38 features the well-proven and highly acclaimed Island Packet design concept that combines a modern full keel hull with handsome traditional styling, a versatile, easily managed rig, and an unusually spacious and livable interior.
The modern full keel design, unique to the Island Packet line, combines a contemporary performance hull form with a foil shaped full keel. This provides the benefits of spirited, powerful performance comparable to deeper fin keel designs with the added advantages of hands-off tracking with superior seakeeping and safety. The moderate draft full keel gives the full capability for blue water passages as well as exploring shallow coastal waters.
Topsides, the Island Packet 38 features a large unobstructed deck and cabin top surfaces. Safe and secure deck work is ensured with raised bulwarks, premium course diamond nonskid, full length cabin top handrails, welded double bow and stern rails and double lifelines.
The deck is trimmed with a wide teak cap rail and a stainless steel striker all around, with teak cockpit coamings and detail trim. The roomy cockpit features contoured seats with deep coaming backrests, a comfortable helmsman’s seat, a cavernous locker to starboard with a storage tray to port, a cockpit ice box, and rack and pinion geared wheel steering for precise feel and utmost reliability. Details such as a cockpit shower unit, protected engine control panel, folding swim ladder, and port and starboard side boarding gates add considerably to the pleasures of cruising.
The interior of the Island Packet 38 features a unique tri-cabin layout with large forward and aft staterooms and a spacious central salon, each with private access to an adjoining head compartment with shower. The forward, or master stateroom with adjoining private head further forward utilizes virtually the entire beam of the yacht to create an exceptionally open, roomy layout.
A large double berth with custom Handcraft Mattress Company mattress, oversized hanging locker plus bureau and chest of drawers and numerous other detailed amenities provide for a gracious lifestyle for extended periods aboard. Bright, open and sociable best describe the inviting main salon. Large settees, a wide sole with retractable table, pull out double berth and numerous stowage areas allow a variety of uses including gracious entertaining, dining or a third cabin for extra guests. The aft facing nav station is quickly accessible from the cockpit and allows ready communication with the helmsperson.
The large wrap-around U-shaped galley is convenient to both cockpit and salon yet out of companionway traffic. The galley includes an LPG range with oven, deep sinks, heavily insulated 14 cubic refrigerator/freezer, deluxe teak dish rack with cutlery drawers, hot and cold pressure water, plus details such as stove guard rail with harness attachments and a custom chart holder. Excellent engine access is provided through removable panels on either side and behind the companionway ladder.
The aft head compartment is centrally located by the companionway, convenient to the cockpit, salon and aft cabin. Two head doors are provided, allowing private access from either the aft stateroom or the salon. Both forward and aft heads are fitted with hot and cold pressure water, full fiberglass draining shower pans with sump pump, large vanities and cabinets, and a curtained shower area with a teak seat. The forward head has a separate adjustable shower head with a built in soap tray.
Comfortable accommodations for two are provided in the roomy aft stateroom. The wide double custom Handcraft Mattress Company mattress/berth, dressing seat, bureau and cedar-lined hanging locker plus private access to the adjoining head compartment with shower graciously provide for guests or crew.
Varnished teak bulkheads, trim, and teak and holly sole, combined with premium designer fabrics and coordinated accent surfaces impart a feeling of luxury and warmth below. Ample natural light and superior ventilation are provided by numerous overhead solar vented hatches, all opening ports, four dorade vents, and louvered interior doors.
Construction quality, materials and finish are to the highest standards throughout, not solely to create a finely crafted outward appearance but also to build in a lifetime of capability and reliability equal to the demands of open ocean sailing.
All of these factors combine to make a statement as much about Island Packet's skill and commitment to excellence as about your standards, your taste, and your appreciation of quality, placing this yacht and its owners distinctly in a class by themselves. The Island Packet 38 is a cruising classic.
Cockpit, Deck & Hull
- Teak cockpit table
- Teak drink holder
- Edson Motor Mount
- Magma Grill on stern rail
- Boarding gates port and starboard
- Custom stern rail
- Island Packet Cockpit and Helm cushions
- SS manually operated davits on reinforced SS pulpit
- AIR-X Marine 400 watt wind generator with control panel
- (2) 80 W Kyocera Solar Panels (model KC 80) mounted at davits
- AB 9' RIB Dinghy with aluminum bottom (2015)
- Suzuki 9.9 HP outboard on Edson mount with SS hoist
- Brightwork stripped and redone with Cetol (2019)
- Electric 12 V primary winch, starboard side
- Bow pulpit with teak seat
- 45# CQR Plow anchor with 200' of 3/8" chain
- Bruce 44# anchor with 30' of 3/8" chain on nylon rode
- Double SS anchor rollers
- Lighthouse 1501 horizontal anchor windlass with capstan and gypsy with the reversing option to freefall
- Edson pedestal steering system with steel wheel and rack and pinion steering
- 4-person Avon liferaft mounted in SS cradle
- Life Sling with MOB pole
Sails, Rigging & Canvas
- Pryde Full Batten Main with Stack Pack & Lazy Jacks (2018)
- Genoa sacrificial replaced with Sunbrella (2016)
- Harken roller furling for Genoa and Staysail
- Electric 12 V primary winch, starboard side
- Sunbrella Full Dodger & Bimini (new 2018)
- Sunbrella Helm Cover
- Line bags
Electronics, Navigation, Audio & Entertainment
Electronics at the Nav Station
- SGC Single Side Band
- Com VHF (2019)
- Uniden Atlantic 270 Handheld GPS
- Qual Comm Global Star Satellite Phone
- Auto Helm Multi : Depth, Log, HDG and Wind
- Alpine Stereo/CD 1249XM and speakers
- Deck-mounted windlass pedal switches forward
- Bow Thruster switch
Electronics at Helm
- Garmin 5212 HD Touch Screen GPS Map Chartplotter with Garmin HD Radar overlay
- Auto Helm Depth
- Auto Helm Wind
- Auto Helm Speed
- Auto Helm Auto Pilot ST 7000
- Standard Verizon VHF
- Ritchie Compass
- Bow Thruster joy stick control
- Weems and Plath Ship's Clock and Barometer
- Westinghouse Flat Screen TV
Galley, Interior, Ventilation & Privacy Features
- Princess SS (3) burner LPG stove/oven
- 110 VAC Adler-Barbour refrigerator/freezer with raw water intake, cold plates, digital thermometer and extra insulation
- Double SS sinks with single faucet, hot and cold pressurized water and drinking water spigot with Seagull filtration
- LG microwave (2017)
- Formica counter top and varnished hard wood cabinets
- Lee clothes on port and starboard settees
- Ultra leather cushions
- Custom paper chart holder
- (9) Interior fans
- Overhead screens and shades
- (3) Main salon solar fans
- Peekaboo shades on opening ports
- Northern Lights 6.5 KW Generator with Carbon Monoxide shutoff: 1275 hours
- Cruiseair A/C Reverse Cycle 16,000 BTU in salon, Dometic A/C Reverse Cycle 10,000 BTU forward (2019)
- Xantrex True Charger II Plus 60 amp battery charger
- Vetus 75 Bow Thruster with dedicated AGM battery in bank #3 (2014) (Motor replaced 2018)
- Racor Fuel Filter Separator (2015)
- Auxillary Electric Fuel Pump
- Vacuum Gauge
- Injectors (Rebuilt 2016)
- High Pressure Fuel Pump Seals (Replaced in 2016)
- Lifeline AGM batteries totalling 650 Amp hours in banks #1 and #2
- Blue Seas 7620 ACT battery bank combiner switches (2014) with Xantrex Link Pro battery monitors
- Balmar 100 amp High-Output alternator with Balmar MC614 Digital Regulator (2014)
- Engine mounts replaced (2013)
- Rule 3700 Electric Bilge Pump, and second Rule Bilge Pump with High Water Alarm in forward cabin
- Guest 2433 galvanic isolator
- Nature's Head composting toilet in forward head (2019) never been used, with original box and packing
- Type III Marine Sanitation System in aft head with macerator on holding tank