Navigator - 2000 40' ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 40
Rock Hall Maryland United States $176,000 USD
Rock Hall Maryland United States
The Island Packet 40 has a wonderful layout for passagemaking.
The owner's cabin is forward with a private head forward. There is a pullman berth to starboard and cedar lined drawers underneath for storage, plus cubbies and a hanging locker that has been converted to shelves....more to what the cruising sailor needs for shorts, t-shirts and bathing suits.
Next aft is the saloon with IP's signature bulkhead mounted table. This has customized storage behind and, when the table is dropped, seats six comfortably for dinner. The settee's are facing and have tons of storage underneath and behind. The nav station faces forward and is located on the aft end of the starboard settee. . The owner has built a custom protective panel between the galley and the nav station to protect the instruments from any splashes from the galley sink. It is done with matching materials provided by Island Packet.
At the base of the companionway is the galley to starboard. It's large and with plenty of storage and food prep space but, contained enough to be safe and secure for the cook. It is also conveniently located to allow food to be passed to the cockpit easily or serrved on the fold down table. Either way will work and the cook is always part of the activity, too.
To port of the companionway is the day use/guest head. A well thought out design means that you can be soaking wet and never have to leave nonskid. This head has two doors and connects to the aft cabin, also, providing a private head for your guests.
The aft cabin has good ventilation and storage plus, wonderful privacy.
All in all, Navigator is comfortable with heat and air, ventilates very well, offers tons of storage, lives conviently and takes you to far off ports in safety and comfort.
Some things to make your cruising life more comfortable ....
- Custom innerspring mattress in Captain’s cabin
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- Some hanging lockers have shelving but, shelves can be removed
- Added Cold Flo Fluorescent Lights
- Splash guard at nav table
- Upgraded Adler Barbour air cooled refrigeration
- Seagull water filtration system
- Full cockpit enclosure
- All sails furling
Navigator's galley is a great working area.
- Double Bowl SS Sinks
- Three burner propane Princess Stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- Seagull Water Filtration System
- Refrigeration – single compressor and single condenser system replaced with Adler Barbour system with two compressors and two condensers in 2007 Works great!
Starting at the bow....
- Lewmar Horizontal Windlass 2017
- 55# Delta - 285' of 5/16 chain
- 45# CQR - 30' 3/8 chain and 250' Rode
- Raw water wash down pump
- Teak striker plates
- Teak always protected with Cetol - in good condition
- Nice canvas - Dodger, Bimini, Connecting Panel and Full Enclosure - 2018
- Whitlock Rack and Pinion Steering
- Teak Cockpit Table with Leafs
- Cockpit Cushions and helmsman's backrest
- Kato Davits which also house the solar panels
- Dinghy and 15 HP Mercury OB included
- Hot and Cold water cockpit shower
- Swim ladder
Navigator has full 12V and 110V systems, good lighting, and outlets.
- Dual shore power systems with breakers for the ability to segregate the air conditioning system, if multiple hook ups are available.
- Sliding bus bar for choice of shore power line
- Galvanic Isolater
- (1) Group 27 AGM Starting Battery
- (4) Group 27 AGM House Batteries - 2017
- Freedom SW 3012 Xantrex Charger/Inverter - 2020
- Extra Circuit Breakers for 12V and 110
- Cold Flow Fluorescent Lights
- Solar panels (400 Watt) - 2009 - Mounted on Davits
- Entec 4KW Generator - Not working - Repair not determined as the owner did not care to use it - could be simple
Sails and Rigging
- New Standing and Running Rigging - 2017
- North Sails Main - 2014 - In Mast Furling
- North Sails Genoa - 2014 - Harken Furling
- Staysail original but in good condition - Harken Furling
- Cruising Asymmetrical Spinnaker with sock by North - Blue and White- Good condition
- All sail handling lines led aft to the cockpit
- Lewmar 2 speed self tailing winches # 48CST Primaries
- Lewmar self tailing winches # 30CSTCabin Top
At Nav Station - The layout has been chaged and twice the amount of space as the single original panel has been added.
- VHF - New Standard Horizon Explorer
- VHF - Standard Horizon Matrix
- SSB - ICom M 802 with insulated backstay -2009
- SSB Tuner - AT 140
- Garmin GPS Map (older unit - may or may not work)
- B&G Trident Repeater
At the Helm
- Garmin 8" Color Plotter 4-208 - Interfaces with B&G Instruments
- Garmin Full Function AIS
- NEMA 2000 Interface
- B&G Knot, Depth, WD/WD
- B&G Autopilot with below decks drive - Interfaced with Garmin Plotter
- RAM Mic for VHF
Mechanical and Plumbing
- NEW 4JH57 Yanmar 57 HP in 2019, with 491 Hours (Naturally aspirated)
- NEW Transmission 2019
- This new engine allows the boat to do about a half knot faster
- Holding tank replaced in 2008 with plastic tank, new hoses, too
- Newer 16K Reverse Cycle Heat and Air - 2008
- Newer Hot water tank 2013
- Newer Refrigeration 2007
Island Packet's Description of the IP 40
Designed with Island Packet Yachts' exclusive Full Foil Keel, the Island Packet 40 unifies the performance attributes of modern hull and foil designs with the superior safety, enhanced steering qualities, and more seakindly motion available only with a long keel. This feature brings numerous benefits to the cruising sailor: superior protection from damage or fouling of prop and rudder, an integral hull and keel construction for the strongest possible unified structure, a moderate draft with exceptional stability characteristics for shallow water gunkholing or worldwide voyaging, and winning performance capabilities.
Full-length cabin top handrails, double lifelines with welded bow and stern rails, recessed foredeck with bulwarks, and a premium, slip-resistant surface of a contrasting low-glare gelcoat all contribute to offshore safety.
Forward, the integral bowsprit-anchor platform increases sail area, improves sheeting angles for enhanced windward performance, and provides ready stowage and immediate access for ground tackle. The 8-foot long cockpit has full-length contoured seats offering plenty of room for comfortable sitting or stretching out. A premium, console-mounted rack and pinion steering system is employed for its exceptional feel and rugged reliability. Integrated into the custom steering console are the single-lever engine control, compass, and flip-up cockpit table.
The cutter rig used has furling systems on both the genoa and self-tending staysail. The skipper has a variety of sail combinations available that are readily adaptable to maximize comfort, safety and performance over a wide range of wind and sea conditions. The generous sail plan, utilizing three simply managed sails, coupled with the easily-driven, long-waterline hull form, assures excellent light-air performance.
Belowdecks, two double staterooms, well-separated for privacy, and each with an adjoining head and shower, combine with an expansive central living area to provide a gracious setting. Overhead handrails, bulkhead handgrips and an easily maintained, molded slip-resistant cabin sole offer sure-footed movement while underway. The wraparound galley is equipped with a host of detail features for both convenience and safety. The L-shaped settee in the main salon can be quickly converted to an extra double berth with its built-in pullout panel. Forward, there is an elegant, full-width owner's stateroom, with generous stowage. The aft stateroom is similarly roomy and inviting, and has a huge double berth.
The engine is mounted on a molded engine bed with an integral drip pan. Fastidious mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems are all in evidence here and are easily accessible through a removable front panel, hinged side panels and an aft cover.
All Island Packet 40 structural laminates and internal reinforcements are designed to meet or exceed rigid ABS standards for offshore yachts. Hulls are molded of knitted triaxial roving, offering vastly superior impact and puncture resistance compared to conventional woven rovings or cored construction. Deck laminates are engineered for high-strength with reduced weight, utilizing Island Packet's exclusive PolyCore system. Interior construction features an engineered grid system and reinforced fiberglass structure fully bonded with the hull to form a unit structure of immense strength and durability.