1999 40' ALDEN YACHTS Cruising Yacht Alden 40 Express Cruiser Braintree Massachusetts United States $385,000 USD
1999 40' ALDEN YACHTS Cruising Yacht Alden 40 Express Cruiser Braintree Massachusetts United States
Maintained to the highest level by a very experienced yacht owner, Alden 40 Express Cruiser MATRIARCH has been continually updated and improved over the past nine years rendering her “state of the art”. She has always been maintained with an open chequebook. It is now time for a new owner to purchase her and derive from her the kind of enjoyment she has been built and maintained to generate.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1999 40' ALDEN YACHTS Alden 40 Express Cruiser Cruising Yacht Express MATRIARCH yacht for sale in Braintree, Massachusetts, USA today!
Maintained to the highest level by a very experienced yacht owner, MATRIARCH has been continually updated and improved over the past nine years rendering her “state of the art”. One of only two 40’ Express Cruisers built by Alden from the 46’/49’ hull mold, she has extra beam and hull volume rarely found in a 40’ boat that provides the owner with plenty of room below for two staterooms, a spacious galley, a comfortable head and a separate shower plus a spacious wheelhouse with amazing storage and a real engine room. This also has made her a very solid, incredibly seaworthy boat very comfortable running long distances and offshore. She is an extremely comfortable 40’ yacht!
MATRIARCH is one of the nicest Alden powerboats this office has seen. She was originally built for a very knowledgeable New England yachtsman who was a shareholder in Alden and who always had custom Alden designed and custom-built Alden sail and power yachts. For her first twelve years, she only had very light summer usage for 3-4 months per year and spent her winters in a nice clean shed. She has always been maintained with an open chequebook. It is now time for a new owner to purchase her and derive from her the kind of enjoyment she has been built and maintained to generate. This is a truly unique opportunity to purchase a proper, well-built yacht at a fraction of replacement cost.
We acquired MATRIARCH to cruise New England waters on a schedule, spend extensive time in Maine, go down and up the Intercoastal Waterway and cruise in the Bahamas. In between, she had spent winters north in a heated shed maintained to the “nth degree” as well as continually upgraded and improved. As you can see from the inventory, an extensive refit was done winter season 2020-21, making an already perfect yacht even better! She has done three round trips on the ICW, spent winters in Florida and the Bahamas, covering a lot of ground. Operating from the end of April until the end of October for years and years, we enjoyed cruising both by ourselves and with another couple aboard. We have also enjoy continually maintaining and upgrading a true Alden gem. She is amazing!!!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Light gray awlgrip (2021).
- Gold cove stripe, awlgrip (2021).
- Dark blue boot top, awlgrip (2021).
- Blue bottom paint (2021).
- Offwhite cabin house.
- Contrasting light gray deck with white waterways.
- Teak toe rails, teak house, teak eyebrow moldings and cockpit coamings buffed and varnished (2020).
- Complete hull and topsides waxed and polished (2020).
- Alum. mast (small) on wheelhouse top.
- Teak deck in wheelhouse and aft cockpit.
- Cored fiberglass hull and deck.
- Teak decking washed and treated with Semco (2021).
- Bottom soda blasted, faired, sprayed with Interprotect 2000 (2013).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Twin Yanmar 350 HP 6 cylinder diesels, model 6LYA-STE.
- Cruising RPM 2,850.
- Fuel Consumption: 25 GPH for safety/calculation/range purposes and with the davits and rib on board, full fuel and water: 22.49 GPH average: 18.89 GPH in perfect conditions and half a tank of fuel on down.
- Intercoolers and aftercoolers boiled out and serviced (2015).
- Engine injectors replaced on both engines (2016).
- Engine water coolers replaced (2017).
- ZF transmissions with 2:1 reduction gears, replaced in 2017.
- Transmission coolers replaced (2017).
- ZF Micro Commander electronic engine control boards replaced (2015).
- Single lever electronic ZF MicroCommander shift and throttle controls.
- Engine raw water pumps replaced 2015, and both rebuilt in 2019.
- Walker AirSeps added to both engines (2017).
- Reverso engine oil change system (2013).
- Stainless Marine Exhaust risers replaced (2014).
- Exhaust manifold gaskets replaced (2015).
- Exhaust tubes from risers to the muffler system replaced (2019).
- Generator exhaust and manifold systems replaced (2020).
- New generator exhaust manifold and heat/temp sensors (2021).
- Raw water intake hoses for both engines (2019).
- Twin Racor fuel filters on both engines (2017).
- Racor fuel filter on genset (2017).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Hours: 2,600.
- Cruising speed: 18.6 knots.
- Max Speed: 22 knots.
- All engines, transmissions and generator oils and fluids fully serviced (2020).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Prop shafts sent out for recalibration and conditioning (2020).
- PSS propeller shaft seals replaced (2018).
- Cutlass bearings replaced (2015) struts and hull.
- Sidepower bow thruster (2013) with new remote system (2020).
- Stainless steel shafts.
- 5 bladed bronze propellers.
- 4 bladed bronze props, spares.
- Spurs on both shafts.
- Zipwake Five Interceptor automatic trim, pitch and yaw system (2018) with new motors (2020).
- New steering rudder rams and pistons (2020).
- 12V DC.
- 110V AC from shore power and 5kW genset.
- Four 110V ground fault interrupt plugs.
- Full 12V and 110V electrical panel with circuit breakers and gauges.
- Two Lifeline 8D AGM house batteries (2018).
- Two Lifeline 8D AGM engine batteries (2015).
- Lifeline AGM generator start battery (2015).
- Inverter/house bank battery charger replaced, Xantrex (2012).
- Battery charger, Pronautic, for engine & generator batteries (2015).
- Alternator on port engine replaced (2018).
- Alternator for house bank, Balmar 200 amp (2017).
- Northern Lights 5kW/110V generator (with hush box) in engine room, Model M643-5KQW.
- Genset raw water pump replaced 2016.
- 790 hours.
- 110V shore power cable, 30 amp, 50’ long.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Single lever control hot and cold pressure water.
- Raritan 12 gallon hot water heater (2013).
- High End Dometic Air Conditioning unit/sound shield including custom cherry grills (2020).
- Three electric bilge pumps (2013) 200 GPH auto.
- Hull vents for fuel/water/holding tank replaced and upgraded (2013).
- WEMA Fuel and water tank sensors & gauges (2013).
- Total capacity of 1,893 litres (500 US gallons) in 1 x tank.
- Total capacity of 606 litres (160 US gallons) in 1 x tank.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- There are no grey or blackwater holding tanks.
- 7612 Garmin GPSMAP chart plotter (2017).
- 7612 xsv GPS MAP Combo chart plotter.
- Fantom 4 Radar, 4’ Open Array (2017).
- gWind wireless wind instrument package including speed/depth/sea temp (2017).
- GHP Reactor autopilot with smart pump (2017).
- New Garmin autopilot control, which allows control of vessel underway from any position.
- Electronic compass (2017).
- GPS 19 receiver (2017).
- AIS 600 transceiver (2013).
- Icom M400 BB VHF radio (2017).
- Kahlenburg horns.
- Chelsea Nichel Ship’s clock and barometer and tide chronometer.
- 3-burner Kenyon electric stove (2018).
- Microwave oven.
- 12V/110V Isotherm galley refrigerator (2013).
- 12V/110V drinks refrigerator, Isotherm (2013), and separate Grunert freezer unit located in wheelhouse.
- Freezer raw water pump replaced (2017).
- Single stainless steel sink.
- Excellent locker storage for food, dry goods, etc.
- Central Vac system installed under sink cabinet with all accessories (2020).
- Grunert freezer chest systems serviced (2020).
- Shower fittings replaced (2013).
- Head sink replaced (2018).
- Rariton Elegance salt or fresh water toilet (2013) including sanitation hoses.
- Cockpit drain hoses replaced (2013).
- Hot and cold fresh water shower in cockpit (2014).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Espar diesel heater.
- Fusion MS-AV 700 marine stereo and four Fusion speakers (2013).
- TV & stereo in wheelhouse.
- Underwater blue lights (2018).
- Courtesy lights in wheelhouse and cockpit.
- Updated LED lighting throughout (2020).
- New Imtra reading lamps in master and guest berths (2020).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Sleeps a total of 4-6 in two staterooms plus wheelhouse.
- The master stateroom with a V-berth sleeps two and the starboard guest cabin has two single berths (upper/lower).
- The settee in the wheelhouse converts in to a double berth.
- The head compartment with sink is to port and separate shower to starboard.
- Teak and holly cabin sole, varnished – satin finish.
- Cherry joinery work.
- Chart table with storage and see thru top.
- Master cabin with V berth.
- Upper and lower berth guest cabin.
- New mattresses with custom fitted sheets, mattress pads, pillow shamps, and sun yellow day covers (2020)
- Salon settee cushions replaced (2015).
- New galley drawers (2018).
- Liquor and wine storage cabinets.
- Hydraulic teak cocktail and dining table lowers to convert wheelhouse U-shaped settee in to an extra double berth.
- Large hatch to engine room located on centerline in wheelhouse.
- Stainless steel bow and side rails.
- Fiberglass transom door (on centerline).
- Fiberglass swim platform with swim ladder.
- Saltwater and fresh water washdown near anchor windlass, fixture replaced (2015).
- Double helm seat.
- Full beam stern cockpit seat with storage under.
- 2 side boarding ladders in cockpit lockers.
- Three hatches on trunk cabin top with screens.
- Two hatches on wheelhouse top with screens.
- Plexiglass, gaskets, seals and dogs replaced on all five hatches (2015).
- Six opening ports in trunk cabin with screens.
- Vent window in center.
- All new Marinco stainless wipers (2020).
- Lewmar port window gaskets and hatch gaskets replaced throughout vessel (2020).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Two bow cleats and chocks.
- Two midship spring line cleats and chocks, port and starboard.
- Two stern cleats and chocks.
- 9 Fenders with Snychilla covers.
- 8 40’ 5/8” Yale Brait dock lines.
- Anchor windlass, 225’ of 5/16” chain.
- Up and down windlass foot button control.
- 45lb Suncor anchor on bow roller with 225’ of 5/16” chain.
- 45lb Fortress anchor, stored in cockpit/locker with 35’ of 3/8” chain and 250’ of 5/8” Yale Brait anchor rode.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Helm seat replaced (2016).
- Cockpit fold down seat (2019).
- Wheelhouse settee cushions replaced (2015).
- Strataglass bridge deck enclosure for aft end of wheelhouse (2013).
- Custom White aft sunshade with custom sst pulley poles and holders (2020).
- New aft seating cushions in Canton Blue with black piping including custom step cushions (2020).
- Exterior covers for aft bench seating (2020).
- All exterior glass systems have canvas sun protection covers.
Tender & Outboard:
- Two stainless steel dinghy davits (heavy duty), removable (2013).
- Revere Offshore Commander 4 person life raft replaced (2017).
- 2012 Firebuoy engine room Fire Suppression System.
- 3 5 lb fire extinguishers.
- 2 2.5 lb fire extinguishers.
- All above checked and serviced (2019).
- Name is reserved.
- Personal private burgee.
- Yacht Club Burgees.
- Personal gear and possessions
- Glasses, plates, mugs, pewter bowls, flatware.
- Notebooks, ex manuals.
- Ditty bags.
- Foul weather gear.
- Crochet pillows.
- Embroidered blankets.
- Bag of signal flags.