InBox - 2006 39' CUSTOM Far Harbor 39
Rockland Maine United States $159,000 USD
Rockland Maine United States
People who dream of cruising their own boat in exotic and remote destinations now have a realistic and affordable way to make that dream come true.
The Far Harbour 39 (FH 39) is the first capable cruising yacht that can be container-shipped. The couples cruising yacht crosses oceans in the safety of a shipping container – quickly, easily and without the rigors and time considerations of making an offshore passage.
A standard shipping container is your magic carpet. Containers travel by ship, truck, and rail at minimum cost, convenience, security, and flexibility. Start from your home boat yard, load your boat in its container, pick your destination without restriction, then fly out to meet your boat and start your cruise.
Container dimension constraints were optimized by Bob Perry in a superb design with outstanding performance. To maximize interior volume, Bob specified a 38 ft. waterline and hard chines. Those features plus the narrow beam resulted in an exceptionally fast, efficient seaworthy boat.
Surfing speeds exceed 11 knots. Power reaching typically shows 9+ knots and the FH 39 powers at over 8 knots.
Cruising fuel consumption is .6 gal/hour.
Over nine thousand nautical miles in the first three years after launching, mostly offshore, have proven that the FH 39 can take it and take it well.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2006 39' CUSTOM Far Harbor 39 Cruising Sailboat InBox yacht for sale in Rockland, Maine, USA today!
- I 39 ft
- J 13.1 ft
- P 36.3 ft
- E 16.4 ft
- RSAT 553 ft sq.
- Jib Furler Profurl
- Aft Swept 25 degree rig
- Double Spreader, Deck Stepped
- Main Reefing Slab
- Yanmar 3JH4CE, 40HP
- Saildrive SD50
- Prop PYI-Classic 18
- Primary Winches (2) Pontos 40 AST
- Halyard Winches (2) Pontos 30 AST
- Powered Windlass Lewmar Concept 1
- Anchor Delta 44 lbs.
- Hydraulic Steering
- Fuel 75 Gal.
- Water 75 Gal.
- Holding 25 Gal.
- Hot Water 11 Gal.
- Fresh Water Pressure System
- Batteries (4) 100 AH AGM Group 31
- Engine Alternator 60 AMP
- Inverter 2000 Watt Xantrex
- Battery Meter Xantrex MS 2000
- Autopilot Raymarine ST 8001
- GPS Chartplotter Raymarine C80
- Radar Raymarine E0201B
- Wind Tacktick Wireless
- Log Tacktick Wireless
- Depth Tacktick Wireless
- Forepeak: Anchor Chain and line storage
- Fore Cabin: Double Berth 4' 7", shelves port and starboard. hanging and storage locker, shelf, door Companionway: Hanging Locker Head: Counter, sink, cabinet, shower, WC.
- Main Cabin: Settees port and starboard, bookshelves port and starboard, drop-leaf table
- Galley: Three burner propane stove with oven, refrigerator, deep sink, two port and one starboard counter, storage lockers and drawers.
- Pilot House: Bench pilot seat, engine controls, electronics display panel, wheel, hanging locker, door and steps to cockpit.
- Cockpit: Tiller, port and starboard 6'benches, winches mounted on the coamings
- Hatches: Fore cabin, head, main cabin (2), pilot house.
- Windows: Main cabin (2), pilot house fixed (5), pilot house opening (2).
- Wikipedia about Yacht Transport