Northern Sky - 2002 39' BENETEAU 393
Deltaville Virginia United States $99,500 USD
Deltaville Virginia United States
Northern Sky has seen northern, southern and equatorial skies. Her owners bought her in Ireland, sailed Europe and the Med and then embarked on a circumnavigation which included Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Venezuela, Caribbean, US West and East Coasts to Canada. In recent years they have lived aboard/cruised for 6 months and land-cruised for 6 months, but it's time to move on to new adventures, so Northern Sky is looking for a new crew.
The Beneteau 393 is an iconic model, one of the last with the classic cherry interior. Northern Sky is a sought after 3-cabin/2-head model with lateral galley. She is in great shape having been under the stewardship of meticulous owners for the past 15 years. She is neat, organized and is loaded with cruising gear and functional live-aboard adaptations and is ready for the next crew.
Cruising gear and other equipment includes:
- Cutter rig with furling forestays
- Volvo Penta 55HP engine (2016) w/ about 600 hours
- DuoGen wind/water generator
- 1 x 85 W solar panel
- Raymarine Autopilot (2014)
- Garmin Radar/Chartplotter (2014)
- Quick Electric Windlass
- Dinghy clips on stern
- RAOS Pure Sine Wave 110C Inverter
- Yamaha 220V Generator
- Safety equipment
- Dyneema lifelines (2020)
- New Batteries (2020)
- Navigation and Deck lights (2020)
- Brunton Variable pitch 3-blade prop (recently serviced and not installed)
- 2 x Fibreglass propane bottles
- New Bimini (12/17)
This boat is in amazing condition for the miles she has covered and is ready to head off on another circumnavigation!
Make Northern Sky the ride to your next adventure!Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2002 39' BENETEAU 393 Cruising Sailboat Northern Sky yacht for sale in Deltaville, Virginia, USA today!
Northern Sky is a rare 3-cabin version of the popular Beneteau 393. Aft cabins are double berths with storage. The starboard cabin is used for storage by the current owners.
To port of the companionway is the nav station with forward facing seat (a safe has been installed below), easy access to electrical panel navigation instruments. Forward of that is the dinette/salon, with seating around a dining table and a bench amidships which doubles as a storage compartment. The table can be lowered to form a double berth. All interior upholstery was professionally cleaned in November 2018.
To starboard is the aft head and forward of that is a the lateral galley. The forward cabin has a pullman-style double berth to port, with 2 large drawers and an 80 Gallon water tank below as well as a lee cloth for use when passagemaking. Storage locker and a bench seat to starboard. The forward head with basin and handheld shower is in the bow.
There are numerous opening hatches and portlights throughout the boat, which provide excellent light and ventilation. Light is also provided by fixed windows in the deck which have plastic slides to aid with temperature control.
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove w/ oven & broiler (2012)
- Dometic top-loading fridge (compressor new 2012)
- Double S/S sink
- Pressurized hot and cold water
- Cutting boards fit into sink
- 220V/12V system
- 1 x 85W solar panel
- DuoGen Wind/Water Generator (needs servicing)
- 4 x Trojan T-105 House Batteries (01/20)
- 1 x Deka Marine Start Battery (01/20)
- Quick 6 G Water heater
- 220V shore power inlet w/ battery charger (02/16)
- RAOS Pure Sign Wave 500A 110V Inverter
- Sterling Power battery management unit (batteries, wind, solar)
- 5 x 12V sockets/ 220V sockets in interior
Raymarine Autopilot (2014)
Garmin Radar / Plotter (2014)
- AIS Radar with dedicated VHF antenna
- Furuno GP-1650 plotter with ‘SILVA’ repeater at helm
B&G Network Quad
Clipper Wind Speed Indicator (2014) serviced March 2018.
ICOM VHF IC-M505 with DSC (mic needs servicing) with deck remote mic at helm
- Dual Stereo w/ waterproof speakers in salon and cockpit (2018)
- APEX TV (2013)
- Volvo Penta 55hp (D2-55C) diesel engine (02/16).
- +/- 600 hrs.
- Shaft seal replaced (4/17)
- Shaft drive (30mm) to 3 blade fixed prop (currently in use).
- Variable Pitch Brunton 3 blade LH propeller, serviced by
Brunton (in storage) .
- New exhaust hose fitted May 2002.
Exhaust hose replaced (05/20)
Hydraulic pump replaced 2017 (valid for 2000 hrs)
Propeller shaft seal (2017)
Rigging & Sails
- Z-spars double spreader masthead rig with Z-spars boom
- Cutter rigged
- Forestay (furling) replaced (2015)
- Inner forestay (furling) replaced (12/17)
- Twin backstays (replaced 2006 for SSB antenna)
- Inner stays replaced
- Shrouds inspected as ‘good ‘ with replacement available.
- Facnor Genoa furler (forestay)
- Jib on furler (inner forestay)
- Rigid boomvang (needs seal)
- All lines led aft to Spinlock XT clutches
- Mainsheet system upgraded to 8:1 using Lewmar ball bearing blocks
- Boom Preventer
- Mainsail Halyard upgraded and replaced (01/12_
- Spare Genoa halyard & flag halyard
- Quantum Classic Mainsail w/ 3 reefs (2009 - inspected & serviced 02/16)
- Quantum 140% Genoa (2009 - inspected 7 serviced 02/16)
- Kent Jib on inner forestay (inspected 02/18 )
- Storm sail rigged for roller reefing
Hull, Deck & Cockpit
- Plough style primary anchor w/ 200' of 10mm chain + 70' Rode (02/17)
- Folding kedge anchor
- Quick Electric anchor windlass with helm control and foot pedals on bow (serviced 2018)
- Lewmar deck hatches w/ covers - lenses replaced 2015
- Dyneema Lifelines (06/20)
- Teak handholds on coachroof
- Folding cockpit table
- Dodger (serviced 2017)
- Large bimini (12/18)
- Lee cloths/privacy cloths on lifelines in cockpit.
- Wheel on Pedestal w/ instruments at helm.
- 2 x Lewmar 40ST Secondary Winches on coachroof
- 2 x Lewmar 48ST Primary Winches on coaming
- Linebags at front of cockpit
- Liferaft holder on sternrail
- Outboard motor mount on sternrail
- Walkthrough transom w/ seat that lowers
- Transom shower
- Swim platform w/ swim ladder
- S/S mount for DuoGen on port transom
- Dinghy clips on transom
- GME Accusat 403G MHz EPIRB
- SEAGO 6-person liferaft (in custom s/s holder on sternrail)(needs inspection)
- Offshore flares (out of date)
- Sea Anchor
- Dan Buoy
- Anchor Ball/cones
- Radar reflector
- Quoit and line
- Emergency VHF aerial
- Lifejackets (4)
- Horseshoes (2)
- 1st Aid case
- Avon REDCREST Hypalon 4-man roll-up dinghy (14 years old)
- Nissan 3.5 HP 2-stroke outboard engine
- Eberspacher D4 Diesel heater (needs servicing)
- 2 x Fiberglass propane tanks
- Outboard motor mount
- Lines Cockpit cushions (2)
- Beneteau dishes
- Sail repair kit
- Bosun's chair
- Oil Extractor
- Spares, spares, spares