No Longer Drifting - 2007 38' HUNTER 38
Alameda California United States $114,900 USD
Alameda California United States
The 2007 38' HUNTER 38 Cruising/Racing Sailboat No Longer Drifting is a sail yacht for sale located in Alameda, California, USA. The Hunter 38 replaces the popular 386, the last of which rolled out of the Florida plant May of 2004, following a highly successful sever year run. Hunter's famed designer and racer Glenn Henderson returned to the drawing board with one focus in mind. "Our goal was to design a boat that was an exceptionally comfortable cruiser, yet offered outstanding performance and easy of handling," said Henderson. The 38 has met -- and exceeds -- expectations. " and a #10 !" "No Longer Drifting" is an exceptionally comfortable cruiser ! She carries an In Mast furling main and a 110% furling jib. She has an upgraded Yanmar 40 hp (from the std 29 hp) . Raymarine has her ELECTRONIC package covered . Heat / Air … you will be comfortable all year round !! SPRING SPECIAL !! Reduced $15K ! This is a very unique opportunity to buy a very clean Hunter 38, at a great price ! She is ready to cast her lines and go sailing … Immediate enjoyment !! Give us a call today ! She will not last long …. Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
LENGTH 38' (11.58m)
ASKING PRICE $114,900 USD
BUILT (REFIT) 2007
BEAM 12' 11" (3.94m)
MX SPEED N/A
CRUISING SPEED N/A
GROSS TONNAGE 0.00
DISPLACEMENT 18326 Lbs
LOCATION Alameda, California, USA
"No Longer Drifting" provides comfort, convenience and livability with an abundance of natural light, ventilation and 6'6" of headroom.
- Heat / Air (2) units covering salon and both staterooms (18000 BTU & 5000 BTU )
- Jensen AM/FM/ CD + Bose speakers
- Everwear laminate sole throughout
- 6'6" head room
Forward V - berth suite sports twin cedar-lined hanging lockers and shelves. The aft master stateroom is both wide and comfortable, sporting a queen athwartship berth, with tremendous storage space. Check out the cedar line closets ! The master aft stateroom has a private access to the head, located port of companionway. The head has dual access, from master stateroom and the salon. Featuring a stand up shower / toilet area divided from sink and vanity by a door.
- Electric head with holding & macerator
- Head hoses replaced 9/2015
The salon is spacious with a U-shaped settee to starboard. The high glossed elegant table can be lowered to create an over - sized double berth. The long straight settee to port is an excellent place lounge and doubles as a good sea berth.
Port of the companionway is an In-Line Nav Station .
Starboard of companionway is an "L" galley with access leading aft to Master Stateroom.
The galley is a Chef's DREAM ! with plenty of counter space, cabinets and all the conveniences one could wish for ! Large "L" shaped galley sits starboard of companionway. Great for working underway or on the hook !
- Deep double SS sink
- Enclosed dish storage unit with fan drying
- Hot / Cold pressure water
- 5 gal Hot water heater
- 4 cu.ft . Front loading Nova Kool Refrigeration w/ small freezer
- 21/2 cr.ft Front loading Nova Kool Freezer
- Force 10 (2) burner gimbaled LPG stove and oven
- (2) 2 1/2 gal LPG tanks in dedicated cockpit locker
Electrical and Electronics
The nav station is forward facing and port to companionway. Teak seat with storage below, a pod for "future" instruments along the forward portion of the desk. 110V / 12V panel at your finger tips .
- 30 amp Pro Mariner Charger
- Magnum 2800 Inverter / Charger
- (2) 4D wet HOUSE Batteries ( 3/2015)
- (1) Gp 24 Engine Start Battery
- Tank Gauges : Fuel / Water / Holding
At the helm :
- Raymarine 24 mile Radar
- Raymarine E-80 Chartplotter / GPs
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Raymarine ST60+ Knot / Depth / Windspeed - point
- ICOM IC-M422 VHF radio
"No Longer Drifting " has a Yanmar 40 hp (upgrade from standard 29 hp)
- 3JH4E 3cyl FWC approx 830 hrs. (418 prior meter + 410 current meter)
- 3 blade bronze 17' RH Prop
- 11/4 " SS shaft
- Folding leather wrapped wheel
- Single lever Engine Control
Sails and Rigging
The Hunter 38 incorporates a sail plan that features a fractional B&R anodized rig with swept back double spreaders. All lines leading aft to cockpit to rope clutches and winches. A Hunter "trademark" feature, the cockpit Traveler Arch. The traveler is located on the top of the arch, which reduces mainsheet load and places the traveler controls within easy reach of the helmsman.
- Anodized B&R Double spreader fractional rig w/ Mast struts
- Furlex Furling System
- 110% furling jib - Dacron by Doyle
- In Mast Furling Main - Dacron by Doyle
- Selden Rod Kicker rigid boom vang
- (2) Lewmar #44 ST primary winches
- (2) Lewmar #40 ST cabin top winches
- Harken 4:1 purchase traveler on top of arch
- Inboard jib tracks with Adjustable Cars
Deck and Hull
Hunter utilizes a hand laid FRP hull construction, solid FRP below the waterline, and end grain balsa coring above the waterline. Vinylester resin is used in the initial layup, then isophalic resin on exterior layers. In areas of high loads in the hull, Kevlar reinforcement is included in the lamination . Further, there is a heavily built structural FRP grid bonded into the hull for further stiffness and reinforcement. The deck is end grain balsa cored except in areas of deck hardware and high loads, where it is solid FRP and backing plates are incorporated for deck hardware, either drilled and tapped or thru-bolted. The hull to deck joint is an outward turning flange, sealed with 3M 5200 sealant, thru-bolted, and cover 360 degrees with a resilient rub rail and s/s insert.
- Double high bow pulpit with double high lifelines running aft with port and starboard boarding gates
- Double bow roller
- Deep anchor locker
- Simpson Lawrence Electric Windlass with up and down foot control
- Delta 22 # with approx. 300' of 5/16" chain & 5' of rode
- SS cabin top hand rails for safety moving fore and aft
- Non Skid Deck
- (8) opening ports
Moving aft you have the Hunter arch with a stern rail that incorporates (2) double seats. Best seats in the cockpit, some refer to them as the "Margarita seats" ! A hinged down helmsman's seat lends to a walk thru transom with a telescoping ladder that is easily accessible.
- Dark blue dodger with side hand rails …. Safety and Comfort !!
- Flexiteek covers the cockpit seats and floor
- Cockpit table with fold down leaves
- Storage lockers
- Hot / Cold transom shower
MAY 2017 SVENDSEN'S … BOTTOM PAINTED
- AVON RIB 9'2" Rover Rib 280 - AVB849CPJ809
not going with boat sale
- Owners personal tools