1987 38' 9" LOCHIN MARINE Motor Yacht Lochin 38 Motor Cruiser Plymouth United Kingdom £124,500 GBP
1987 38' 9" LOCHIN MARINE Motor Yacht Lochin 38 Motor Cruiser Plymouth United Kingdom
Lochin 38 Motor Cruiser that benefits from massive refit including all drive-train kit in 2013 (2 x FPT 370s), Furuno nav. suite (2016), generator, recent batteries, etc. Phenomenal sea-keeping, commercial Lifeboat-level build and re-modelled interior. A handsome sea-boat with charm, capability and super-safety in mind.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1987 38' 9" LOCHIN MARINE Lochin 38 Motor Cruiser Motor Yacht Semi-Displacement BONE IDLE yacht for sale in Plymouth, United Kingdom today!
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Blue GRP topsides with D-section black rubber fendering, waterline waterline stripe and white GRP superstructure – (professionally polished 2020).
- Teak wheelhouse doors (re-varnished 2020).
- Teak laid aft and side decks (fitted 1997 by Woodruffs of Birdham to a very high standard).
- New teak bathing platform with steps to aft cockpit – (2015).
- Teak decks refurbished in 2021.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 2 x FPT N67/450 6 cylinder 6.7 litre inline diesel engines (new 2013).
- “B” rated for 370HP @ 3000 RPM.
- Twin Disc MG5050A reduction gearboxes (2.04:1 ratio) (new 2013).
- NASA engine exhaust alarms (2013).
- New engine inlet seacocks (2020).
- Engine room steam-cleaned and re-painted (2013).
- Engine room fully insulated.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Indicated engine hours c.500 at May 2021.
- Cruising Speed: 15 knots @2200 RPM.
- 0.95 MPG at cruising speed & 2.0 MPG at 9 knots.
- Range of c. 500 Nm at 9 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 23.4 knots.
- Engines service; air filters, oil filters, fuel filters, oil change and engine anodes (2021).
- All salt water cooling systems, including oil coolers, removed, descaled and refitted (2021).
- New antifoul and anodes (2021).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft drive (new shafts, shaft carbon brushes, bearings, dripless seals cross-coupled for maximum redundancy, stern-gear, etc. 2013).
- 2 x 4-Blade propellers (new 2013) – prop graph and performance curves available.
- Hydraulic wheel steering system – (new ram fitted 2018).
- 24V Ships battery system.
- 24VDC/12VDC converter (2015/6).
- 2 x 12V in series sealed lead acid engine batteries (replaced May 2021).
- 2 x 12V in series sealed lead acid domestic batteries (replaced May 2021).
- 1 x 12V generator battery.
- Sterling Pro-Charge Ultra 24V/30A smart battery charger.
- Victron Phoenix 24 / 1200 battery charger / inverter.
- Victron generator battery charger.
- Engine alternators - charging battery pack.
- Mastervolt Whisper 8Kva generator (replaced 2006).
- Upgraded split exhaust system for quiet use.
- Engine serviced (May 2021).
- Circa. 650 hours run to May 2021.
- New generator inlet seacock (2013).
- New generator outlet seacock (2020).
- 240V shore power connection & cable – (new cable 2021).
- Engine panels and auxiliary switching; switched and fused control panel with dedicated engine start circuits.
- Victron Phoenix Pure Sine Wave 24V/1200W Inverter (2015).
- Dedicated double sockets for the inverter in galley and forward cabin.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot and cold pressurized system.
- New pressure pump (fitted 2017).
- New hot water calorifier/tank – fitted to aft stbd. engine room (2013).
- 1 x electric bilge pump to engine bay with auto float switch.
- 3 x manual bilge pumps.
- Hull is built with four watertight bilge compartments – with a pump in each compartment.
- Total capacity of 270 gallons / 1227 litres in two moulded main central and one auxiliary stainless steel reserve tanks.
- 140 Gallon / 636L forward centre, 80 Gallon / 364L aft centre, & 50 Gallon / 227L reserve tank (forward port side of lazarette) – all fully switch-valved for interchange.
- New stainless steel hatch covers (with inspection hatches) to moulded tanks (2013).
- Tanks inspected and cleaned 2013.
- Cobham float gauges to each.
- Wema electric gauges fitted (2013).
- Total capacity of 100 gallons / 450 litres in two linked Tek Tanks positioned across aft lazarette.
- Icom M-411 DSC/VHF radio.
- Autohelm ST50 echo sounder.
- Autohelm ST50 log.
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot with a remote control.
- Magnetic steering compass.
- Furuno NX-300 digital Navtex (2013).
- Furuno PG-700 Heading Sensor (2016).
- Furuno Ethernet hub-101 (2016).
- Furuno Backbone (2016).
- Furuno TZTL12F 12”1 Multi Function Display (2016).
- Furuno DRS6A X-Class radar sensor (4’ open array variable 3-speed scanner) (2016).
- C-Maps covering Scandinavia – Spain (2016).
- McMurdo M10 Smartfind Class B AIS transponder (2016).
- AXON switching panels (2016).
- Remote control Jabsco search-light (2013).
- 4-burner Fagor ceramic electric hob (new2013).
- Electric 600mm fan oven (2018).
- Dometic CRX80 refrigerator and freezer (2021).
- Twin stainless steel sinks.
- 1 x electric sea toilet (fresh-water flush from main tanks – new 2016).
- 1 x separate shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher hydronic diesel-fired central heating.
- Demisters to forward screens (2 x Ardic heaters supplying windscreen demister and cabin hot air heating).
- 3 x single convector radiators to accommodation (2013).
- Flat screen Alba TV with aerial amplifier and sockets to master cabin (2015).
- Sony CD-radio & speakers to main saloon (2013).
- 24V lighting circuit throughout with downlighters
- LED lighting throughout including engine room (2021).
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 berths in one offset double berth to forward cabin and occasional berths to saloon.
Description of layout from forwards:
- With double offset berth (re-worked in 2014), ample shelving, storage around the berths, convector radiator (new during refit) and comfortable leather-trimmed sofa to starboard side.
- Drawers under provide dry stowage for bedding etc.
- Deck head hatch provides light, ventilation and emergency escape to foredeck.
- Access to hanging space inside bows locker. Head lining and side lining replaced in off white vinyl leather (2021).
- To starboard with fresh-water flush sea toilet, hand basin (with hot and cold pressurized system), shower with large tray, lockers, etc.
- Radiator provides heating via hydronic Eberspacher system.
- Access to coolant expansion bottles in heads cupboard.
- Forward to port with built-in Fagor 4-ring ceramic hob, Lamona oven, Isotherm refrigerator, dual stainless steel sinks and ample stowage for galley equipment and utensils. Head lining replaced in off white vinyl leather (2021).
Steps to –
- With helm console to starboard, navigation seat and desk to port.
- All main vessel switching and controls are worked from these areas.
- ST50 echo, log and autopilot are mounted above the helm console.
- To port a Furuno screen on bezel-mount, with good viewing angles for both navigator and helm reference. Also Navtex and VHF. Head lining replaced in off white vinyl leather (2021).
- Aft and to port are two seats with table between; which lowers to form a berth if required. Table can be extended to provide dining area for six. A further full length settee to starboard also provides a further single berth. Additional storage areas below seating and adjacent lockers are provided. Central doors to...
- The aft deck, with flush to gunwhale level, is teak laid in the traditional way with two deck boxes situated aft (moved toward centerline in present Ownership). Gated side and stern access is provided with teak hand-rail providing security when moving around the deck area. A deck hatch provides access to the generator and tank.
- Radar reflector.
- Stainless steel pulpit with varnished teak capping rails and two side/aft access gates.
- Triple Wynn windscreen wipers (one to each forward screen).
- Electric horn.
- Forward hatch replaced with Lemwar Ocean (2020).
- Navigation and pilot seat recovered (2021).
Canvas, Cushions, Etc.:
- Fitted forward windscreen canvas cover (2013).
- Fitted full wrap-around aft deck canvas dodgers (2013).
- Blue Sunbrella main saloon upholstery (including new foam) by Sanders Sails, Lymington (2013).
- Helm seat upholstered in faux leather (2013).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Bruce anchor (2013) with 50m calibrated 3/8”galvanized chain (2013) led into chain locker with watertight bulkhead to accommodation.
- Lofrans electric deck windlass on foredeck.
- Substantial mooring bollards and fairleads.
- 2 x ball fenders and three mooring warps.
- Ocean Safety 4-person canister liferaft (new 2013) in cradle to bathing platform.
- Lifebuoys x 2.
- Kannad Sportpro+ GPS EPIRB.
- De-mountable swimming ladder.
- 2 x manual and 1 x automatic fire extinguisher.
- New Seafire FD250M automatic engine-room fire extinguisher (2013).