1979 38' 3" NAUTOR'S SWAN Cruising Sailboat Nautor Swan 38 Cowes United Kingdom ($102,790 USD est.) £73,500 GBP
1979 38' 3" NAUTOR'S SWAN Cruising Sailboat Nautor Swan 38 Cowes United Kingdom
No. 116 of 116 Swan 38's built. TOMAHAWK has been well loved and is in beautiful condition below decks. Her teak decks will need some attention in coming years. A chance to own a piece of history whether it be for round the cans racing or enjoyable cruising.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1979 38' 3" NAUTOR'S SWAN Nautor Swan 38 Cruising Sailboat TOMAHAWK yacht for sale in Cowes, United Kingdom today!
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White GRP hull, deck and superstructure.
- Full preventative osmosis treatment at HYS (1999).
- Further epoxy coatings added as preventative measure (2006).
- Hull cut-back and polished annually.
- Teak laid deck, recaulked and lightly sanded (2016).
Keel & Rudder:
- Ballast fin keel cast in lead with antimony and secured with stainless steel bolts.
- Skeg hung rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo D1-30 3-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine 30hp (2009).
- Fresh water cooling system.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: approx. 735 at February 2021.
- Engine last serviced 2020.
- Economic cruising speed – approx 6 knots.
- Maximum speed – approx 7 knots.
- 4 x Engine feet replaced (2015).
- Cutlass bearing (2020).
- Exhaust hose (2015).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft drive.
- Volvo shaft seal (2015).
- R&D Flexible coupling (2015).
- 3-bladed Maxprop. Serviced 2017.
- Wheel steering.
- Emergency tiller.
- Steering cables checked (2015).
- 12vDC domestic system with 220vAC via direct supply.
- 1 x 110 amp Powermax sealed engine start battery (2017).
- 1 x 110 amp Powermax sealed service battery (2017).
- BEP master switches / battery cabling replaced (2017).
- Battery charger (2004).
- Vectron BMV 702 (2017).
- 115Amp engine-mounted alternator (2009).
- Shorepower connection socket incl RCD (2016).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 12vDC pressurised water system (pump replaced 2009).
- Hot water supplied via engine driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater from shorepower.
- Pressurised hot & cold water supplied to galley and heads.
- New filter fitted – Jan 2014.
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps.
- Electric bilge pump (replaced, with switch 2020).
Grey & Black Water:
- Grey and black water discharges overboard.
- Seacocks serviced (2016).
- Fuel capacity – approx 245 litres (54 gallons) in 1 x stainless steel tank.
- Fresh water capacity – approx 216 litres (47 gallons) in 1 x stainless steel tank.
- B&G Zeus 8 plotter at chart table (2016).
- AIS; Vesper transponder (2016).
- B&G Trident system; 3 display unit in cockpit (2016).
- Plastimo Offshore 135 steering compass (2017).
- Scanstrut pedestal bracket for iPad.
- B&G Hydro 2000 autopilot.
- Icom IC-M323 VHF (2016).
- VHF cable & antenna – replaced 2017.
- 2 burner Bainbridge Neptune gas hob and oven (2018).
- Fridge with 12v compressor.
- Sink with hot & cold pressurised water supply.
- Baby Blake Marine WC – Fully refurbished 2016.
- Handbasin with pressurised water supply and shower.
- Radio/CD player with speakers.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 9 berths in forward v-berth cabin, saloon settees and pilot berths and aft cabin single berths.
- High quality teak joinery.
- Cream vinyl headlinings.
- Teak battened hull linings.
- Varnished teak & holly soleboards.
- Heads overhauled in 2016.
- Nautor aluminium alloy keel-stepped masthead-rigged mast (rig inspected by Selden agents 2013).
- Aluminium boom.
- Single set of inline spreaders.
- Standing rigging, bottle screws and forestay replaced (2014).
- Mast collar replaced 2014.
- Tuff Luff.
- Selden Furlex 300S genoa furler (2006) – overhauled 2014.
- Inner forestay.
- Slab reefing mainsail system.
- Full spinnaker gear with twin pole (spinnaker pole uphaul and spinnaker halyard replaced 2014).
- Genoa sheets and cars replaced 2019.
- Mainsail & genoa halyards (2019).
- 2 x Lewmar Evo 50 self-tailing primary winches (2016).
- 2x Lewmar 42 2-speed spinnaker winches.
- 4x Lewmar halyard winches.
- 1 x Lewmar self-tailing winch on mast (2016).
- Mainsail with 75% tapered battens, Kemp Sails (2019).
- Mainsail packaway bag, Kemp Sails (2019).
- Genoa 135% with reinforced luff, Kemp Sails (2020).
- Genoa No.1 (high wind) pentex, Sanders Sails (2003).
- Genoa No 2 dacron, Sanders Sails (2006).
- Blade jib, dacron No.3 (2006).
- Spinnaker, symmetrical (high wind) nylon, Sanders Sails (2003).
- Spinnaker, symmetrical (low wind) nylon, Sanders Sails (2008).
- Cruising chute with ATN sleeve and tacker, Sanders Sails (2017).
- Pushpit, pulpit and guardrail stanchions in stainless steel.
- Cockpit table.
- Bathing ladder.
- Binnacle repainted (2020).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lofrans 12vDC electric anchor windlass.
- Lewmar Delta anchor 16kg with 20m chain.
- Danforth kedge anchor with 30m of platted warp.
- Warps and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Blue canvas sprayhood.
- Blue canvas mainsail cover and packaway system with lazyjacks, ‘Tomahawk’ lettering (2019).
- Winter cover.
- Blue canvas wheel cover.
- White cockpit seat cushions.
- Avon Redstart inflatable dinghy with pump and repair kit.
- 6-man Charter Iso 9650-1, Group A liferaft (2016), mounted in stainless steel cradle on coachroof (2016). Full service 2020.
- Horeseshoe lifebuoy with name
- Webbing jackstays.