1987 Holiday Mansion 370 Barracuda - 1987 37' HOLIDAY MANSION 370 Barracuda
Bear Delaware United States $70,000 USD
Bear Delaware United States
Smoke on the Water Story
Smoke on the Water is a 1987 Holiday Mansion Barracuda. The Holiday Mansion Boat Company was founded in 1965 in Salina, Kansas. Holiday Mansion produced thousands of houseboats in the 29' to 49' foot range. They have been popular for lake and coastal cruisers from inland to the Chesapeake Bay and Florida.
Having spacious interiors, solid construction and shallow draft, they are a natural for living aboard, pleasure and business applications. Holiday Mansions have been used for rental, charter and dive operations.
In 2013, renowned barbecue chef Gunner Roe "The Grill Meister" decided to take his catering business to the water. Being in the barbecue business since 1980, Gunner is an award winning caterer and sauce maker.
After wanting and seeing the need to get delicious foods out on the water to those cruising and at anchor, Gunner purchased a 1987 Holiday Mansion Barracuda and went to work on the conversion.
The interior was completing stripped. The hull and superstructure were restored and pink Awlcraft and Awlgrip were applied. A new transom was installed and the original balsa core roof was replaced. Both the transom and roof were replaced with starboard. The restoration costs totaled over $30,000.
3 refrigerators, a freezer, gas stove and custom-made deck grill were installed.
With assistance from a local high school art teacher, a tail, snout and ears were designed to complete her makeover and pink pig look!
Her primary service area has been the Sassafras River and Chesapeake Canal area. Smoke on the Water received a food truck permit enabling her to do business afloat.
Business Model & Menu
In order to go into service, Smoke On The Water required a County Health Department inspection and a food truck license.
She resembles a pink pig, because her owner has an award winning barbecue, sauce and catering business. The plans were to purchase two other boats and modify them to resemble a cow and a chicken.
Operating on Satudays and Sundays during the warmer months, she served breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks. She was available for special events and catering.
Smoke On The Water had service from her deck and also had a dinghy that delivered orders to large vessels on the hook.
In order to provide proper service, 2 cooks, 1 server and a dinghy operator were employed.
The standard menu was :
- Sausage croissant with egg and cheese
- Ham croissant with egg and cheese
- Maple hot cakes with sausage egg and cheese
- Omelet wrap with peppers, ham and cheese
- Cinnamon Buns
BBQ and Grill
- Pulled pork BBQ sandwich
- Texas style beef brisket BBQ sandwich
- Spanked chicken breast sandwich
- Hot Dog
- Potato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
Hershey's Ice Cream
- Wild Berry and Honey Cinnamon Greek Frozen Yogurt Cups
- Snickers Ice Cream Bar
- Mini Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich
- P-Nutty and Moose Tracks Ice Cream Cones
- Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Eclair, Fudge, Banjo and Orange Blossom Ice Cream Bars
- Strawberry Sundae, Chocolate Sundae and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cups
- Cherry, Blue Raspberry and Rootbeer Popsicles
- Cotton Candy Screwballs
- Starbucks Coffee
- Starbucks Frappuccino
- Bottled Water
- Diet Coke
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- V8 Splash
- Capri Sun
- Red Bull
A financial proforma can be provided upon request.
Galley & Food Service Equipment
- Oven & Gas Range - Kenmore 4.2 CF
- Microwave Oven - Rival 900 W
- Refrigerator - Haier 10.3 CF
- Deep Freezer - GE 14.8 CF
- Microwave - Rival 900W
- Custom Grill on Deck
- Assorted cooking and galley equipment
- Assorted serving items and container
Electrical, Mechanical & Plumbing
- (2) Shore Power 30 Amp
- Generator - Kohler 8KW (New 2013-Factory Refurbished)
- Battery Charger
- Bilge Pump
- Air Conditioning - Coleman 13,500
- Battery Charger
- Fresh Hot and Cold Water
- Marine Head
Navigation, Electronics & Entertainment
- Depth Sounder
- CD Player
- Cockpit speakers