THE OFFICE - 1994 33' L&H Updated Walk-around sportfish
Islamorada Florida United States $205,000 USD
Islamorada Florida United States
The walk-around deck design coupled with functional & practical features throughout make this an ideal fisherman's platform. An extensive list of fresh equipment and updates give this boat the dock presence of a nearly new boat. Simplicity of systems was a high priority in this refit, yet this may be the only L&H that has air-conditioning vents onto the helm deck.
Looking for a functional fishing boat that can hold up in an isolated location? You may have found a prospect here.
This boat can be seen in Islamorada, FL.
Accommodations and Walk-through
L&H Boats are well known for their durability and functional design. This is an early model which is one of only three ever built with CAT diesels. This engine package is extremely economical while still offering great performance. This vessel has had light usage since new and has been through a thorough updating by her current owner and the builder. The no-step-up, walk-around decks and center mounted Marlin tower provide anglers with a great platform.
Bridge deck has a centerline helm pod with console that extends to the starboard side. Kobelt control binnacle is to the right side and raised electronics console is ahead with a magnetic compass on top. To portside side is a cushioned bench settee and forward of the helm is another smaller bench to the starboard side. This area is protected by a 5-panel polycarbonate enclosure with track-to-track mounting and a zippered opening section centerline forward. Under the starboard side forward seat is a refrigerated drink box. Unique to this boat is a custom fiberglass double bench helm seat with teak ladder-back and cushions mounted on twin chrome chair stanchions.
Forward of the helm, the Cabin is entered by opening a bi-fold top hatch and hinged door. If desired, these door panels are designed to easily come off and stow away. The cabin has a brand new Dometic reverse-cycle A/C with digital thermostat. This A/C unit has a high velocity blower and there are outlet vents to the helm deck. To the starboard side is a console with molded fiberglass sink, chrome fresh water faucet, and countertop with a front opening storage compartment and below a GFI protected 110v outlet. Across the cabin from here is the main electrical panel. Forward is the V-berth with hinged filler insert which opens to a Raritan electric head beneath. The cushions are covered in a light grey vinyl and are in good condition. Overhead is a new Bomar deck hatch giving the cabin natural light. To the portside is another cabinet housing a Norcold refrigerator with the cabinet top providing nice counter-space. Just aft is an open hanging locker and/or stowage space.
The cabin has a fresh Awlgrip paint finish and is clean and free of odors. V-berths are large and can accommodate 6'6"+.
Electronics and Navigation
The lower electronics console is upright (custom built) ahead of the helm pod and there is also an overhead box which houses the VHF radio, Stereo, and Seawater temp display. Beneath it is a white or red LED chart light. Ritchie magnetic compasses and trim tab switches are at both helms. All the Garmin equipment is new in 2018.
- Two Garmin 7612 touchscreen 12-inch display GPS/Chartplotter/depth sounder
- One Garmin 7607 touchscreen 7-inch display at tower helm
- Garmin xHD2 72-mile radar with open array
- ICOM 504 Vhf radio w/ DSC
- SiTex SST-110 sea temp/digital data display
- Robertson AP26 autopilot
- Fusion MS ip600 Marine Stereo with Polyplanar 7" speakers
- ICOM 302 VHF radio in the tower
Marlin tower is mounted to the bridge deck allowing easy 360 degree walk-around fishability. Hardtop integrated to tower is also the upper helm floor and non-skip finished. Aft tower legs have ladder steps to upper station and a support truss that also doubles as a grab-rail. Tower helm has a separate Garmin GPS/plotter and there is also a second Vhf radio inside the control box. Anodized custom helm wheel and Kobelt dual handle control binnacle. Tower station has a padded belly band and lace less canvas buggy top.
- Behind the helm bench on the forward end of the cockpit deck is a cabinet containing 6 latched tackle drawers. On top of the box is a white storage tray with 4 drink holders on the outside. Four more flush-mounted rod holders (or drink holders) are on the forward end and two aluminum grab rails are on the sides of this console.
- Rupp outriggers, silver single spreader, collapsible back bars - tower mounted
- On-deck large FBG rectangular livewell with two hinged and gasketed, top opening Plexiglas doors with latches, the well interior is blue with light (custom built and installed 2015). This well can be filled and pressurized, with adjustable flow rate. This helps preserve live bait heath by eliminating well sloshing while running. This unit can also be used as an insulated cooler.
- 12 rod holders in gunwale (with backplates) around cockpit, 4 rod holder flush mounted on forward gunwale walk-around
- 2 clear-out rod holders on each tower leg, 6 rod holders rail-mounted just above hardtop, and 5 more rod holders by tower - just below the belly band
- Two Under-deck fish-boxes with hatch doors on stainless gas shock keepers
- Cockpit coaming pads are dense rubber cushions which should wear well
- Birdsall gaff lock securing mounts
- Wiring in place for 12V electric reel plugs under cockpit coaming
- Brush storage under gunwale
Non-skid finished, self-bailing decks. On bridge deck under portside bench is refrigerated drink box/freezer (12v compressor). Storage is beneath the other seating and the settees have thick gray cushions. Angled backrest cushions (2) are loose to use where desired. There are canvas covers for the Livewell and the Tackle cabinet. Fold-down aluminum foot rest is below the helm pod for the captain.
- Bridge deck enclosure has a zippered vent panel above the center panel and also solid canvas backside curtains (for storage)
- LED cockpit spreader lights mounted on aft side of belly band
- Mid-ship and stern cleats are mounted below the gunwales with hausers
- Fresh water washdown with spigots in cockpit and in bow under gunwale
- Saltwater washdown with spigot in cockpit
- Lewmar Chrome electric, vertical windlass with wired remote control
- Plow-style anchor mounted on stainless roller chute, with chain lead and nylon rode
- Anchor locker with storage space for fenders
- Navigation lights on sides of tower control box
- Handheld fire extinguisher
- 30 amp/120v shore power cord
- 12v DC and 110v AC electrical systems
- Odyssey batteries (new '18) with individual rotary switches enabling paralleling
- Cockpit LED lighting under gunwales
- Northern Lights 6kW generator (new 2010, very low hours) with remote control on main electrical panel
- MasterVolt 35amp, three bank, automatic battery charger
- 12v engine room lights
- 12v cabin lights
- Bass main electrical panel with line voltage, battery condition, AC and DC current load gauges
Engine room can be accessed through deck hatch forward of helm console which drops into a small pump-room area then further aft is the engine compartment housing the CAT 3116T's, 300HP diesels (mechanical). Walker Air-Sep closed crankcase breather system. Very notable if you've not been aboard an L&H boat before is the faired and painted engine compartment, just like her larger Stuart custom sportfish boat cousins. When better engine access is needed the large deck hatch can be lifted with electric worm-gear actuator. Acoustical insulation has been added to the underside of the helm deck. Aluminum engine room ladder.
Boat will cruise at 24 knots burning 16 gallons/hour.
- Kobelt engine controls
- 1.5:1 reduction ZF transmissions
- Digital tachometers at both helms
- ISS-Pro exhaust temp pyrometers and turbo boost gauges
- Instrument cluster includes: drive oil temp, coolant water temp, oil pressure
- Electric fuel gauge
- Engine shutdown emergency cable pulls at lower helm
- Tides Dripless water-cooled shaft logs (recently renewed)
- Hydraulic assisted steering
- Lenco Trim tabs
- 3 auto bilge pumps/high water alarms
- Head has Y-valve & mascerator pump out
- Freshwater spigot in ER
- Walker Air-sep crankcase vent system
- Racor primary fuel filters with shutoff valves
- Shurflow 12v fresh water system pump with pressure accumulator
- Shurflow 12v saltwater ProBlaster II washdown pump
- Dometic Turbo A/C unit is 12,000 BTU (new Sept. 2018)
- Propellers are alloy and 3 blades
- October 2019, within regular servicing interval the motors had the valves adjusted and timing reset. New tachs were added to the tower helm earlier in 2019.
Hull and Deck
The boat was completely painted with Awlcraft 2017 including hardtop (blue-tone white hull, cloud white top, Blue boot stripe and bottom paint). L&H engine vents were installed on the deckhouse sides. To achieve ease of maintenance, there is no teak or brightwork on this boat with exception of the teak ladder-back of the helm bench. Helm pod is fiberglass with the custom chrome bezel and glass cover over the engine gauge cluster and anodized custom helm wheel.
One other feature is that the tower buggy top and the entire upper station are removable to enable long distance transportation by trucking.
Summary List of Updates Sept. 2018 and prior refit
The following work has been done in the past 24 months, primarily in Stuart, FL either by L&H Boats or under their supervision:
Entire boat painted including interior and hardtop
New Bomar deck hatch above cabin
New rod holder in cockpit and New coaming pads
New custom helm bench seat
New enclosure with solid canvas back panels for storage
New tower belly band cushions and New sliding doors on tower helm console
New Garmin displays at helms and New Garmin radar
Fresh water spigot added forward beneath gunnel
New engine mounts installed with full alignment completed
New Tides dripless shaft seals
Shafts pulled, rolled and x-rayed for stress cracks
New cutlass bearings
Props scanned and tuned (approx. 30 operating hours ago)
Heat exchangers cleaned
Engine oil service, Racors and secondary filters all done
Raw water impellers changed (30 hours ago)
New electric temp gauges installed at tower station
Brand new A/C unit with vents to helm deck (August 2018)
New Thru hull fittings for head, intake and pump out
New Thru hull for raw water washdown
New batteries for engines and generator
Generator fully serviced with new impeller
Trim tab switches added to tower helm
WORK performed by L&H Boats in 2010
Engines removed from the boat, valves adjusted, all engine components removed, serviced and cleaned (approximately 1200 hours on clocks at that time)
Entire engines stripped of paint and repainted with white Awlgrip. All new hoses and clamps with engine repaint.
Engine room rewired and re-arranged
New battery switch panel installed, approx. 90% of boat was rewired
Floor between engines raised to level as on newer model L&H boats
Batteries moved outside of main engines
New 6kW Northern Lights generator installed
New saltwater washdown pump, freshwater pump and all bilge pumps replaced
New battery charger installed
New steering cylinder installed
Custom tackle center built and installed
New fuel tank level sender, tank inspected
2015 mechanical update:
Both turbo chargers replaced with CAT reman units with updated housings
Exhaust manifold replaced on port motor