1982 33' 8" HOBIE Racing Sailboat 33M Santa Barbara California United States $79,900 USD
1982 33' 8" HOBIE Racing Sailboat 33M Santa Barbara California United States
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1982 33' 8" HOBIE 33M Racing Sailboat Captain Sluggo yacht for sale in Santa Barbara, California, USA today!
Captain Sluggo was Built in 1982 and then received a complete rebuild in 2016, She has a like new 9.8 Tohatsu Outboard that sits in a retractable Melges 32 engine well, which is centered in the cockpit. The motor comes with an electric start and Forespar engine controls located in the rear of cockpit along with an internal fuel tank with a deck fill, vented and fuel filter with 14-gallon capacity (exceeding Transpac requirements ).
Alan Andrews engineered the rebuild and cockpit design with extra stiffeners and ring frame at chain plates capped with carbon. Also watertight Crash bulkhead forward.
The Mast was also designed by Alan Andrews. Double spreader, with 4 Spinnaker (masthead/fractional) and 2 jib halyards.
Captain Sluggo comes with Two Lewmar 2-speed halyard winches on the cabin top which are also used for trimming spinnaker.
The cockpit has 2 speed Harken winches along with Harken traveler.
She has a custom carbon rudder designed by Alan Andrews with articulating PYI bearings.
The Trailer was totally rebuilt 2019 with new tires, new lights and re-galvanized with custom fiberglass bunks.
Stanchions and pulpits are all E glass from C-Spar in New Zealand with two sets of lifelines, one composite, and stainless steel.
Captain Sluggo was totally repainted with Allgrip inside and out, faired Proline epoxy bottom, keel, and rudder.
Her current PHRF rating 75/66/45
1) 2 manual bilge pump's and 1 electric
2) carbon floorboards
3) carbon tiller with a Forespar hiking stick
4) 2 oversized spinnaker poles, one carbon one aluminum
5) custom Centerpoint lifting
6) Fixed keel glassed to Hull
7) keel stepped mast, aluminum boom by Ballinger
8) electrical system with 2 Lead acid batteries wired to a master switch and carbon master panel.
9) Emergency tiller
10 Jon Bouy Life sling and man overboard equipment.
11) 1 anchor with chain and rode
12) 4 life jackets
13) 1 radar reflector
14) complete set of running rigging and halyards are all in new condition.
15) miscellaneous hardware bag with handles an assortment of blocks.
16) Custom full cover, custom deck cover and mainsail cover.
17) instrumentation B&G 5000 with 4 Triton displays on carbon pod. One 10 inch touchscreen B&G Vulcan. 1 VHF