1974 Westsail 32 - 1974 32' WESTSAIL 32
Newburyport Massachusetts $29,900 USD
The head/wardrobe compartment is located aft of the V-berth with an enclosed head, cabinet and sink to port and a hanging locker and a six-drawer wardrobe to starboard. A bulkhead separates this compartment from the main salon, which features facing port and starboard settees. The starboard settee pulls out to provide a generous single berth, while a drop-leaf dining table lowers from the bulkhead t port. Lockers and bookshelves are located outboard of and beneath these settees on both sides.
The galley is located to port at rear of main cabin. It has a two burner SS Force 10 with broiler and oven. There is a two compartment freezer/reefer with two zero degree Grunert cold plates. The DC motor driven compressors engine room mounted and belt driven. Two sinks one for draining and drying not connected to overboard line. Sinks and head have hot and cold water. The galley sink has a hand operated bronze fresh water pump and a foot operated whale pump for saltwater. Built-in Microwave and Little Wonder reverse osmosis desalinator under the chart table.
Cabin headroom is 6'2" throughout. Cabin sole and joinery are of solid teak: overhead is cypress and Naugahyde; cabin walls are teak and cypress. Due to the boat's 11' beam carried well forward and aft and displacement hull, there is plentiful storage everywhere. Not even a cubic inch of space is wasted.
Original engine was replaced in 2001 with a new 38 hp Yanmar raw-water cooled three-cylinder diesel engine and Aqua Meter instruments. A 38 gal fuel tank is located in engine compartment, port side. The exhaust hose and shut off valve were new in 2007. There is a 3 blade feathering Max Prop and a fixed pitch 3 blade spare propeller. An upgraded ARG raw water strainer was installed with piping to facilitate cleaning and winterization.
The engine has only 1200 hrs.
Two manual bilge pumps, the one in the cockpit is a Guzzler and a Whale Gusher Mk III manual bilge pump in engine room, to port side. There is one 12v DC automatic bilge pump with spares for each.
The house battery bank consists of four 6 volt golf cart batteries and a switched group 31 back up battery. The boat was professionally rewired in 1998 including AC and DC panels with aircraft style switches and electrical bonding. There are flex brass reading lights and an aircraft style chart light. For charging there is a high output engine alternator and large solar panel. There is an 1800 watt inverter with a 75 watt smartcharger. Masthead, speaker and mast running lights were reqired in 2016.
Two VHF radios, one is a fairly new Icom and a 200 watt singleside band set as well. Raytheon seatalk integrated electronics include a 20 mile radar and display for Raynav C-Map chartplotter, GPS wind speed and directions, depth, boat speed and ST4000 plus auto pilot and electronic compass. A Danfort Costellation compass is mounted to a SS binnacle.
- Standing rigging replaced in 2007 with 9/32 SS with oversized brass turnbuckles
- Cutter Rig w/single spreader, heavy wall aluminum mast
- 7 Bronze winches
- Boom gallows (aft) providing means to source boom during reefing and when anchored or docked
- Original wooden bowsprit and boomkin replaced w/tubular stainless steel from Bud Taplin
- Profurl 150% roller furling headsail, self tending stay sail and a fully battened main with a Dutchman reef/furling system. Sails were new in 1998. Sail inventory includes storm trysail, storm jib, a drifter, a reacher and a 130% jib.
- SL 555 2 speed anchor windlass new in 1998
- Bowsprit holds a 45 lb CQR with 100' of 5/16 HT chain plus 200' of three strand nylon rode. An extra 50' shot of 5/16 HT chain is in the chain locker
- A rail mounted 25 lb Danforth with 20' of 5/8 chain and 100' of 9/16 double braid rode is the spare.
Additional Equipment Included
- Lifesling rescue system
- (10) ABC Fire Extinguishers
- Safety harnesses
- Bronze bell
- Bronze bottle brush lighting protection, new in 2016