Barbara Jean - 1988 32' H&H Osmond Beal Lobsterboat
North Kingstown Rhode Island $74,500 USD
North Kingstown Rhode Island
The 1988 32' H&H Osmond Beal Lobsterboat Commercial Vessel Barbara Jean is a yacht for sale located in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, USA. *This listing is available for virtual and in person tours, please contact the listing broker to schedule an appointment*The "Barbara Jean" is a 1988 32' by 12' lobster boat designed by Osmond Beal and built by H&H Marine in Millbridge Maine. Current owner has made many improvements over the past few years that should not go unnoticed. Please review the full specifications for more detail.Currently on land and under cover for winter storage and easily available for inspection. Please call/email to make an appointment! Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
LENGTH 32' (9.75m)
ASKING PRICE $74,500 USD
BUILT (REFIT) 1988
BEAM 12' (3.66m)
MX SPEED N/A
CRUISING SPEED 12 Knots 14 MPH
GROSS TONNAGE 0.00
LOCATION North Kingstown, Rhode Island, USA
In June 2004 I purchased the "Monica" from Dave Mason of South Bristol Maine. She had 3796 hours on the meter but was rebuilt in February 2003. October 2019 engine hours were 5164 with approximately 1868 on the rebuild. She makes 10 to 12 knots at 2000 RPM burning 6 GPH. Overall she burns about 4GPH.
Mason used the boat for lobster and tuna fishing. I used it for recreational lobster fishing in Narragansett Bay, scuba diving and as an assist vessel on our shellfish farm. In 2008 I started to convert her to a cruise vessel. Mark Vinbury built the V-berth, head and sink down below. He enclosed the engine in the v berth area and at the helm.
- John Deere model # 6068TTFMO1…Serial # TO 6068T.
- Oil filter is MPL LF 678 Fleet Gard.
- John Deere RE62420 fuel filter.
- Racor 500FG fuel water separator.
- Change engine oil at end of every season (October) or every 150 hours. Use rotella 15-40 taking 5 gallons.
- Twin Disc transmission MG5050 2:1.
- Walter Keel coolers.
- 2 x 125-gallon fuel tanks
- Freedom 1800 inverter wired to AC main. (2015)
- 2015 added new 4x6 volt 115 amp golf cart batteries for house. Battery #1 on panel. Located starboard side of engine.
- Engine battery is 8D new spring 2019. Located under stairs.
- July 2015 installed Zena 150- amp alternator it charges 60 amp at 1700 rpm. Installed battery isolator and regulator from Sterling in Maine.
- Spring 2016 installed 3 HQST 300 watt solar panels. These keep the batteries fully charged while at anchor.
- High water bilge pump is the one on right hand side of panel (aft).
Fresh Water System
- Spring 2014 added 2 x 35 gallon fresh water tanks. One under bench in stern and second under sink in galley. Eleven gallon hot water tank under settee in galley. Retractable shower located at settee.
- Simrad EVO 2 chart plotter 12” screen. Spring 2016
- Simrad AP44 auto pilot. Spring 2018
- Furuno radar Model 1715. Spring 2014
- Furuno Color Sounder Model FCV 600L
- West Marine VHF 580 DSC Marine Radio
- Anchor is 45 pound plow anchor with 100 foot of 5/16 chain. Marked every 30 feet. Second anchor is 25 pound Danforth with 50 foot of 5/16” chain and 120 foot of 5/16” nylon rode.
- Propeller is 24.5” pitch, bronze, 4 blade right hand. Reconditioned at Ocean Prop Middletown RI. Winter 2016
- Boat on stands is 16 foot high and 12 foot wide.
Recent Upgrades and Improvements
Spring 2014 Ray Cayer retrofit included:
- Extended the cabin, installed the galley, inverter/charger, shore power, new wiring and panel, shower, hot water tank (11 gallons), two 35 gallons freshwater tanks, propane stove, cabin windows, dingy davits.
- Installed Lofrans Cayman windlass. Controls at helm and bow.
- Installed macerator pump for head discharge and anti-siphon pump on head discharge.
- Removed hydraulics and pot hauler.
- Installed 35 gallon head hold tank.
- Built shelves in v berth and engine room.
- Installed buss heater.
- Installed storage boards at gunnels.
- Installed Simrad EVO 2 chart plotter 12” screen.
- Painted the hull Awl Grip super jet black G2017, boot stripe is Awl grip Toreador red H7167, deck is awl grip moon dust G6004, outside cabin is awl grip oyster white H8139. Inside of cabin is Ben Moore Impervo oyster white.
- Ray Cayer installed the 3 HQST 300 watt solar panels.
- New canvas July 2016. Canvas Back Wickford.
- RIM replaced all fuel lines and tank valves.
- Installed Chirp B150M transducer for Simrad plotter. 95-155khz.
- New Starter motor
- Sandblasted bottom and applied 3 coats of barrier coat and 2 coats of bottom paint.
- New turbo
- Josh Hareld Installed simrad AP44 auto pilot.
- Installed new Ritchie compass.
- Installed new power steering pump.
- Installed new bow pulpit.