2004 32' 8" NAJAD Cruising Sailboat Najad 332 Wickford Rhode Island United States $130,000 USD
2004 32' 8" NAJAD Cruising Sailboat Najad 332 Wickford Rhode Island United States
Having originally been Berthon USA's demo Najad 332 and first of her kind, she remains with her original owners - who have treated her with great care and respect at all times. Well-built and with a sea kindly design, she has spent winters out of the water and tucked up in bed. A rare find.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2004 32' 8" NAJAD Najad 332 Cruising Sailboat Sloop MOSTLY LOVE yacht for sale in Wickford, Rhode Island, USA today!
This Najad 332 was originally our demo boat, and is the first of the 332’s. After 100 hulls of the 331, Najad updated the boat with a more modern interior, and other improvements. Sisterships have won the Chicago Mac race, and done multiple Transatlantics. They are well built, like all Najads and is a very sea kindly design, rarely found now.
MOSTLY LOVE spent her early years on Lake Champlain, and then several summers in Maine, and finally in Wickford, with the same owners giving her great care at all times. Every winter has been out of the water, under a cover.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid fiberglass hull with divinicell coring to the turn of the bilge, white gelcoat with maroon gel coat waterline and cove stripes.
- Bolted and glassed hull to deck joint with substantial teak cap rail.
- 12mm laid teak deck on side decks, cockpit with Najad logo in aft seat, and swim platform.
- Opening anchor locker, cockpit locker, helmsmans seat locker, propane tank locker, and shallow tray locker to port in cockpit.
- Teak on side decks.
- Teak on swim platform.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel bolted on.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo MD2030S 28hp diesel engine. With saildrive.
- Fresh water cooled.
- Sea strainer.
- Water separating fuel filter.
- Insulated engine compartment.
- Approx. 800 hours.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Solimar wheel steering.
- Pedestal engine controls.
- Elkhide rimmed wheel.
- Emergency tiller.
- 2-bladed folding prop.
- Engine control panel.
- 12V circuit breaker panel.
- 4 x 110V outlets.
- 12V outlet at chart table.
- 12V outlet under windshield.
- 75Ah engine start battery.
- 2 x 75Ah house batteries.
- 110v/12v 50 A battery charger for house bank.
- 60Ah alternator.
- Shore power 115V, isolation transformer.
- 110V shore power, inc 25' cord.
- Wind generator.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water boiler – 20 litres.
- Heated from shore power and engine
- Pressurised hot and cold water; manual backup in galley.
- 12V fresh water pump.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Total capacity 76 litres (20 US gallons).
- Fuel tank drain pump.
- Total capacity of 163 litres (43 US gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total holding tank capacity of 34 litres (9 US gallons).
- Raymarine ST60 wind, speed and depth.
- Raymarine 6001 autopilot.
- Raymarine c80 GPS plotter
- Raymarine 4kw radar
- VHF cable to mast top inc. antenna.
- West Marine VHF 500 (2005).
- Suunto compass.
- 12V refrigeration.
- Double sinks.
- 2-burner stove, with oven.
- Cooker worktop cover.
- Propane solenoid.
- Wooden pegs in galley lockers.
- Cutting board over sink.
- Trash bag holder.
- 1 x WC.
- 1 x Shower facility.
- Electric shower pump.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Espar diesel heater, outlets in all cabins.
- Engine blower.
- Cantalupi halogen lighting.
- Reading lamps.
- Chart table reading light.
- Cockpit map light under windshield.
- Navigation lights.
- Anchor light.
- Foredeck light.
- Steaming lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Optional interior fabric (red/white).
- Interior throw cushions.
Description of layout from forwards:
- V berth cabin forward, hanging locker to port, lockers and shelves to starboard.
- Lift up berth tops with storage under. Opening hatch and 2 opening ports.
- Main saloon has 2 settees, drop leaf table on centerline.
- Seat backs hinge up for extra width on the berths, and for storage behind.
- Lockers outboard and above the seats.
- Water tank and fuel tank (stainless steel) located under the seats.
- Wine storage in the main saloon table.
- L shaped galley, aft to port.
- Chart table aft, to starboard.
- 2 x Large opening ports.
- Next aft is the head with vanity sink, corian countertop, vented hanging locker, Jabsco manual head. Hot and cold, with hand held shower, electric shower sump pump.
- Aft cabin contains a large double berth, lockers and shelves, vented hanging locker, reading lamps and 2 opening ports.
- Alum. rigging screw protection.
- Selden aluminum double spreader mast.
- Fore and aft lowers.
- Swept back spreaders.
- 17/18th fractional rig.
- Adjustable backstay.
- Selden rodkick vang.
- Furlex roller furling forestay.
- Lewmar adjustable genoa cars.
- Car towing lines - led to cockpit.
- 6 part mainsheet led to D ring in cockpit sole.
- 2 x Full length battens.
- 2 x Reefs, inc lines, reefing winch.
- Andersen stainless winches.
- Winch handles.
- Upgrade to furling Mylar genoa.
- UK sylversen tri radial mylar genoa.
- UK sylversen tri radial mylar main.
- Grabrails outside windshield.
- Dorade vents and dorade guards.
- Teak grabrails on coachroof.
- Cockpit and side deck drains.
- Aluminium framed windshield.
- Bowrail with opening.
- Stern rail with gate.
- Lifeline gate on starboard side.
- Teak sternrail seats.
- Cockpit table (varnished).
- Stowage bag for table.
- Stowage bag for drop boards.
- Coast guard plaques.
- Full set of owner’s manuals.
- Flag staff.
- Swedish flag.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lofrans anchor windlass.
- 15kg Bruce anchor.
- 40m of 8mm chain.
- Brass protection at cleats.
- Bow roller.
- 4 x 10” stainless steel mooring cleats.
- 4 x Dock lines.
- 3 x Fenders.
- 2nd small anchor and line.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit dodger. (new 2019)
- Sail cover.
- Sail bags.
- Genoa sunscreen.
- Dummy burglar alarm.
- Hand held air horn.
- Pack of flares.
- Emergency throw line.
- Fire extinguisher engine inlet.
- 2 x Fire extinguishers.