1973 32' 2" WASQUE Cruising Yacht Coconut Grove Florida United States $99,000 USD
1973 32' 2" WASQUE Cruising Yacht Coconut Grove Florida United States
The elegant Pocket Yacht CHEROKEE was named by the Martha’s Vineyard shipyard owner when he had it custom built for his personal use in 1973. (a refit was done in 2009)
During the 2009 refit, the main engine was replaced along with the 2 fuel tanks and the water tank.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1973 32' 2" WASQUE Cruising Yacht Downeast CHEROKEE yacht for sale in Coconut Grove, Florida, USA today!
- Year: 1973 / Refit 2009
- Builder: Wasque
- Length: 32ft.
- Categories: Power,
- Type: Downeast Cruiser
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Engine type: Single / Fuel
- Beam: 9 ft 10 in
- Max Draft: 2 ft 6 in
- Displacement: 9000 lbs
- Engine(s): Volvo Penta
- Model #: TAMD41
- Hours: 355 (May 2021)
- Engine(s) HP: 210 HP
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots @ 3500 RPM
- During the 2009 refit, the main engine was replaced along with the 2 fuel tanks and the water tank.
- Fuel: 2 x (90 Gallons)
- Water: 1 x (30 Gallons)
- Holding Tank: 1 x (20 Gallons)
The elegant Pocket Yacht CHEROKEE was built especially for David Thompson, the President of Martha's Vineyard Yachts Inc. Quoted in the 1978 Winter addition of NAUTICAL QUARTERLY (volume 5)
"The boat is hand-built, and we always use the best materials. There's no point in cutting corners on a boat like this."- David Thompson.
CHEROKEE sold in 1978 to Donald Colpak - Quoted in the same article mentioned above- "couldn't like anything better than this boat - people come over to look at this boat and they can't believe what I've got there." - Donald Colpak
CHEROKEE was originally powered with a gasoline Chrysler 330 hp V8- REPOWERED with Volvo 210 HP DIESEL.
In 2008, when the current owner purchased the boat it had already been re-powered with the Volvo diesel. Which explains the modest engine hours.
The cockpit seating had also been upgraded to the configuration it has today, which includes, but not limited to, the hydraulic engine cover lift and guest seating. Beautifully maintained and a delight to the eyes.
Additional Equipment and Electronics
- Xantrex link 2000
- Raymarine C 80
- Raytheon Depth/Speed/Autopilot
- Ritchie Compass
- Horizon Intrepid VHF
- Hydraulic Engine Compartment Lift
- Courtesy / Fashion Cockpit Lights
- Full set of canvas covers
- Freshwater shower in cockpit
- Swim platform reinforced and new ladder installed in 2012
- The swim platform has mounting brackets and gear to hold a small tender
- Lewmar Windlass operated from the cockpit or from the anchor.
- Stainless steel anchor and the anchor bracket
- Bow Thruster added in 2012
- 2019 New turbo
- 2019 New Sunbrella canvas cockpit sun cover with stainless steel rod holder mounted fixtures
- 2019 New cutlass bearing
- 2019 New muffler