Pelican - 1988 31' ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 31
Vero Beach Florida United States $49,900 USD
Vero Beach Florida United States
Pelican is a great example of this Island Packet 31 classic which is the most popular IP of all time. She feels bigger than most 31s and features lots of elbow room, storage and two private sleeping cabins. The very clever quarter berth has a pull out pocket door and a chart table that unfolds for a forward facing partition becoming a private cabin. Pelican has a cutter rig with a bowsprit that gives the cruising sailor great flexibility when facing varied weather conditions. Her flatter bottom makes her stiffer than most 31s as the wind pipes up. She is an exceptionally safe and comfortable cruiser with plenty of room for family and friends. Pelican has been very well maintained serving as home since the current owners bought her on the Chesapeake, cruised her for several years before making her their Vero Beach home. Pelican is well worth seeing and an exceptional cruising value.
Pelican, a 1988 Island Packet 31 has a spacious and luxurious interior with a private owner's cabin forward with a large vee berth, good storage in cedar lined hanging locker, a private entrance to the good sized head and plenty of ventilation with a hatch and 2 opening ports.
The Head with commode, sink and pullout shower has great storage and an opening port and hatch.
Next aft, is the Main Saloon with facing settees. The starboard settee converts to a real double berth. A clever dining table unfolds to seat 6; but stores on the bulkhead when not needed making the saloon a great place to relax and entertain. There is lots of storage under and behind the settees and in a cedar lined hanging locker.
The "U" shaped Galley is aft on port and with its double sink, 2 burner stove/oven, and a big, deep refrigerator, you can really enjoy preparing and eating great meals. There is great storage, a drop down serving table, lots of ventilation & real pull-out trash container.
The Aft Cabin is large and roomy with a big double berth. A Pocket Door separates the Comanionway and Quarter Berth. The Nav Table has been removed but all parts are available and will go with Pelican.
Having 2 cabins in 31 feet sets the Island Packet apart from its competition.
The centerline Companionway divides the aft section of the Island Packet 31. It is wide and angled to be safely negotiated in all kinds of conditions. The steps lead to a wonderfully large Cockpit that has great room for sailing, entertaining or napping. There are 2 deep lazarettes for storage, a swim ladder and Pelican has a Dodger, Bimini & Connecting Panel for your protection and comfort.
- New Upholstery 2013 New cushion foam (2017)
- 2 - Fresh Water Filters that have been replaced every 3 months (2018)
- New Holding Tank and all Sanitation Hoses 2020
- Varnished Teak & Holly Sole except in Head, Galley & Companionway area where IP used non-skid fiberglass.
- Screens throughout for all ports and hatches
- Adler Barbour Refrigeration
- Hillerange 2-Burner Propane Stove/Oven
- 2 Aluminum Propane Tanks in sealed and drained locker
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water with Electric Water Heater and Engine Heat Exchanger
- Freshwater Cockpit Shower
- New Fresh Water Pump 2018
- Installed Galley Sink Faucets 2018
- Custom Cockpit Cushions
- Beautifully Varnished Teak Cockpit Table and Drink Holder
The Island Packet 31 has both a 12V ship and a 120v shore power electrical systems. The 12Volt Ship System has Engine Start and House Battery Banks. The Shorepower System has designated House and AC Circuits.
- Replaced 2-Group 31 House and 1-Group 31Starter Batteries 2017
- Balmar 100 Amp High Output Alternator 2017
- 20 Amp Battery Charger
- 2 - 50' Shorepower Cords
Electronics and Nav Gear
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Weems and Plath Clock and Barometer
- Weems and Plath Distress Light
- Raymarine Depthsounder Replaced (2015)
- Mobri Tube Type Radar Reflector
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio
- Sony CDXM10 FM/CD Stereo Player with Cabin and Cockpit Speakers
- LED Masthead Anchor Light (2015)
Sails & Rigging
Pelican has an easily handled high aspect Cutter Rig with a single spreader mast.
- Mainsail with 2 Single Line Reefs controlled from the Cockpit
- 130% Genoa on Harken Roller Furling System
- Staysail on Self-Tacking Boom with Sail Cover
- Installed Genoa Furling Line 2015
- installed Genoa Halyard 2020
- Forespar Whisker Pole mounted on Stanchions
- Lewmar 43ST 2-Speed Primary Winches
- Lewmar 2-Speed Main Halyard and Sheet Winch mounted on Coach Roof
- Lewmar Mast Mounted Genoa and Staysail Halyard Winch
- Bosuns Chair
Engine and Mechanicals
The Island Packet 31 has a Yanmar freshwater cooled 3-cylinder diesel with cockpit and under companionway access.
- Installed new Engine Compartment Insulation and Gasket
- Racor Fuel Filter
- Complete Fuel System Replaced including Pump, Filter, Hoses and Connectors (2015)
- Yanmar Fuel Injectors Replaced (2015)
- New Balmar High Output Alternator (2015)
- Panther Oil Change Vacuum Pump (2018)
- Electric Automatic and Manual Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump in Cockpit
- Bilge Hoses Replace (2013)
- Marine Head with Holding Tank (2020) and Deck Pumpout
- Domestic Hot/Cold Pressurized Water System (Pump Replaced 2013)
- New Fuel Tank including Pump, Filter & Hoses (2013)
- Yanmar Water Pump (2013)
- Miscellaneous Spare Parts
Hull and Deck Construction & Equipment
The Island Packet 31 has a solid glass hull with integral bow sprit and full keel with cutaway forefoot. Her decks are synthetically cored (no biodegradable materials). There is a large Spade Rudder making her quite maneuverable in tight marina spaces. A metal strap between the keel and rudder protects the prop from catching lines, etc.
- 3 Anchors: CQR & 2 Danforths
- 2 Rodes with 10' Chain and 175' 3-Strand Nylon Rode each
- 30' Chain to combine with another anchor and rode for severe weather conditions
- 6 Fenders with Covers
- 2 Fenderboards
- 6 Docklines
- USCG Safety Package
- 4 - 5Gallon Fuel Jugs
- Horseshoe Buoy mounted on rail
- Lifesling Mounted on Rail
- MOB Cloth Sitting Sling & Hoisting Block & Tackle
- All Teak Brightwork was stripped and redone in 2015 kept up annually by the owner
- Hull & Keel Stripped of Bottom Paint with new Bottom Barrier Coat applied. 2015
- Bottom Paint applied Annually.
- Hull and Topsides Buffed and Waxed Annually.
- Hurricane Tie -Down Straps added (2017)
- Custom Canvas Winter Cover (Used in FL