1986 30' ISLAND PACKET YACHTS Cruising Sailboat 27 CB Cutter Rock Hall Maryland United States $44,900 USD
1986 30' ISLAND PACKET YACHTS Cruising Sailboat 27 CB Cutter Rock Hall Maryland United States
CLASSIC CUTTER - READY TO GO with CONFIDENCE - SHOWS WELL - GOOD UPGRADES
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1986 30' ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 27 CB Cutter Cruising Sailboat Southern Girl yacht for sale in Rock Hall, Maryland, USA today!
"Southern Girl", an Island Packet 27 is a BIG pocket cruiser with a lot of living space, elbow room and storage. Much more than you would expect in a 27. She will take you just about anywhere you will want to go and take you there safely in comfort with a surprising turn of speed. The 27 is the perfect family cruiser with room to sleep 6. She has a nice sized head with hot/cold pressure water, complete galley, and a table that when not needed stowes on the bulkhead. Her cockpit is huge with room to sail, entertain or snooze. And, Island Packets hold their value so well. She is well equipped including AC and ready to getaway.
Walkthrough and Accommodations
The IP 27 has a comfortable layout with one private cabin and an open quarterberth, a nice sized saloon with a convertible settee, a nav desk and galley.. She can easily sleep 6.
Beginning at the bow, there is a comfortable Vee Berth with a large opening hatch. Aft of which on starboard is the roomy Head with commode, sink, shower, wet locker, and an opening port. Across on port from the head is a nice storage locker. Continuing aft is the Main Saloon with a cleverly designed bulkhead hung table on Starboard that is out of the way when not needed making the Saloon seem so much larger than on most boats. The starboard settee converts to form a double berth. The settee on port is long enough to allow an adult to sleep. The "L" shaped Galley is aft of the saloon on port with sink, ice box, and two burner propane stove. A drop down extension to the counter provides great work space. The open Quarterberth is on starboard and is large enough for some couples to sleep comfortably. There is an Engine Access Panel that makes checking the oil very easy. The on center Companionway rises over the Engine Compartment and divides the Galley and the Quarterberth entrance. There is an engine access door under the steps. Finally, the Cockpit is long enough to accomodate your sailing crew, your guests and has the room for napping. There is a large engine access hatch in the cockpit sole that uncovers the entire engine and most of the mechanicals. The IP27 is a very comfortable and safe pocket cruiser that seems much larger than 27' implies.
- Air Conditioning Heat Pump with Digital Thermostat
- The Holding and Water tanks were replaced with Rotomolded Polyethylene and each tank has an inspection port.
- Screens for all Ports and Hatches
- Interior Cushions Replaced '12
- Custom Quarterberth Cushion to allow for easier Engine Access
- Teak and Holly Sole
- Force Ten 2-Burner Propane Stove Top
The Island Packets have both a 12V Ship and 120V Shorepower systems each with its own Distribution Panels.
- SmartPlug 30-amp 125 Volt Shorepower Cord Connection '16
- 50' Shorepower Cord
- 125' Shorepower Cord
- Shorepower 20 Amp and 50 Amp Adapters
- 2 - Group 27 AGM House Batteries '13
- Group 27 AGM Engine Start Battery with Blue Sea Systems e-Series Battery Switch and Chargine Relay '16
- Balmar Smart Gauge Battery Monitor '16
- Masthead Anchor/Navigation LED Light '12
- Spreader mounted Deck LED Lights '12
Navigation and Electronic Equipment
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Weems & Plath Individual Clock and Barometer
- Davis Windex at Mast Head
- Raymarine ST-60 Tri-Data (Knotmeter & Depthsounder plus water temperature) '06
- Raymarine ST-60 Wind Instruments '06
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch e7 Chartplotter/GPS '13 (Charts are Current)
- Smart Radio AIS Receiver Integrated with Chartplotter '13
- Raymarine Smart Wheel Pilot with rudder sensor, fluxgate and gyro compass '06 - Reconditioned '15
- ICOM IC-M502 VHF Radio w/DSC below & Command Cockpit MIC '04
- Sony DCX-M30 CD Player, FM Receiver with Cabin and Cockpit Speakers and wired for Sirius XM (Receiver not Included)
Sails & Sail Handling Equipment
- "Southern Girl" has a single spreader, high-aspect ratio, mast head cutter rig.
- Quantum Crosscut Mainsail with Woven Polyester w/Partial Battens '06 - Reconditioned '16
- Mainsail Halyard Led Aft to Cockpit
- Quantum 135% Genoa with Tri-Radial Polyester Composite with Foam Luff '06 - Reconditioned '16
- Original Staysail
- Dutchman Mainsail Flaking System '08 New Monofilament '16
- Port & Starboard Outboard Fairlead Blocks
- Most Running Rigging Replaced '06
- Traveler Upgraded: Added Cam Cleats w/Lines Led to Cockpit
- Boom Vang
- Whisker Pole
- Lewmar 16-ST - 2Speed Primary Winches
- Barient 10-ST on Coach Roof: Mainsail Halyard and Mainsheet Winch
- 2 Spinlock Rope Clutches on Coach Roof for Mainsail Halyard and Sheet
- 2 - Lewmar 7 Mast Winches for Genoa and Staysail Halyards
Hull and Deck Features and Equipment
Island Packets feature a solid, one piece tri-axial glass hull with integral full-foil keel and bow sprit, a spade rudder and a synthetically cored deck. They use a very effective "diamond" non-skid deck surface and their hull and deck are an easy-on-the-eyes cream color.
- Southern Girl has the Optional Keel/Centerboard with a min 2'-8" and max 6'-0" draft. Pennant Replaced '12
- Bruce 16.5# Claw Anchor w/Chain & 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Fortress FX-16 Anchor w/Chain & 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Sternrail Seats with Drinkholders
- Cockpit Cushions
- Lifelines replaced '08
- Canvas Wheel/Binnacal Cover '06
- Dodger and Bimini Replaced '08
- Custom Full Winter Cover with Sandbags '07
- Dock Lines and Fenders and Boat Hook
- Edson Outboard Motor Stern Rail Bracket
- USCG Safety Package
- Life Sling MOB System with NEW Bag '15
- Engine Compartment Clean-Agent Fire Extinguisher '12
- NOTE: The problematic aluminum Holding and Water tanks were replaced with Rotomolded Polyethylene and each tank has an inspection port.
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
Island Packet 27s are powered by a fresh water cooled Yanmar 2GM20F that develops 18HP. The diesel was rebuilt in 2011.
- Exhaust Elbow Replaced '05
- Oil & Fuel Filters are replaced every year
- Electric Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump mounted in Cockpit
- Fresh Water and Waste Tanks Replace with Rotomoulded Polyethylene tanks with Inspection Ports '10
- Seagull IV X1F Water Filter '12
- Sensa Tank Digital Gauge '10
- Head Faucet '07
- Cockpit Shower
- Electric Hot Water Heater Replaced '12
- Water Pressure Pump Replaced '08
- Raritan Commode Rebuilt '10