AQUIJO 2016 282' 2" OCEANCO Cruising Ketch
N/A Greenland Price on Application
Key selling features
- Largest and most impressive ketch in the world
- Oceanco / Vitters build pedigree
- Excellent deck spaces for entertainment of large groups
- Impressive sailing performance
- 7 guest cabins
- Guest elevator
- Beach club / wellness centre
- Excellent selection of tenders and toys
- 5-year survey completed
- Excellent charter credentials
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2016 282' 2" OCEANCO Cruising Ketch AQUIJO yacht for sale in N/A, N/A, Greenland today!
Additional specifications are available for this listing. Click below to get detailed information.
- Displacement Sailing Yacht
- Oceanco, Vitters
- Tripp Design Naval Architects
- Tripp Design
- Dölker & Voges GmbH
- Lloyd's, commercial MCA compliant
- Steel Hull, Aluminium Superstructure, Teak Decks
- Up to 17
- Cayman Islands
- 2 x 1,350 kW (1,810 Hp) Caterpillar C18 Diesel
ELEVATOR / LIFT
- Guest elevator serves lower, main & bridge deck
- 86.00m / 282' 2"
- 14.50m / 47' 7"
- 5.30m / 17' 5" min
- 11.6m / 38' max
SPEED & RANGE UNDER POWER
- 17.50 knots
- 15.00 knots
- 3,200nm at 15.00 knots
- 850 litres/hour (225 US gallons) at 17.50 knots
- 460 litres/hour (122 US gallons) at 15.00 knots
- 16 x Guests in 7 cabins, 1 x Convertable office, 1 x Staff cabin
- 17 x Crew
- 97,800 litres / 25,836 US gallons
- 26,000 litres / 6,868 US gallons
- 1 x Master suite on bridge deck, his & hers en suites, dressing rooms, private terrace
- 2 x VIP cabins (convert into 4 x doubles by sliding dividing walls)
- 1 x Double cabin on lower deck
- 1 x Twin cabin on lower deck
- 1 x Main deck library can convert to a double en suite cabin
- 1 x Staff en suite cabin on main deck
- 1 x Captain's cabin on bridge deck, double bed & en suite
- 8 x Crew en suite cabins on lower deck forward
- Crew mess / lounge
- Crew gym in tender garage
- A minimalist modern feel, textured wood walls with leather and stainless steel trim accompanied by a unique warm glow of colour for each cabin. Each cabin with excellent light and a fresh contemporary feel and tasteful art throughout.
- The Master suite is on the bridge deck aft with His and Hers bathrooms (one bath and one shower). A private terrace offers astounding views.
- Two VIP suites are on the lower deck mid Aft with large showers en suite. These can convert into two separate cabins.
- Two Guest cabins are found on the lower deck mid aft, one Double and one Twin cabin, both with large en suite showers, one of which has facilities for handicapped guests.
- A large aft deck area with a selection of sofa seating and the ability to set up a BBQ if desired. The centre piece of the deck is a large skylight down into the beach club. The aft deck extends down some stairs aft to the swimming platform onto the lower deck. This is a great feature on the yacht, as few yachts have such space to relax at the back so close to the water.
- On the fly bridge there are two helm stations and the main controls for sailing the vessel. There are some comfortable sofas, to enjoy the sailing with a view, that have large gimbaled tables so you don’t spill your champagne. On the aft of the fly bridge is the outside Jacuzzi and sun pad for relaxing and catching some sun.
- The beach club is the master piece that no other sail yacht possesses. The fine craftsmanship of the teak and sculpted wooden interior really is very unique. To have such a large spa with another hot tub and a fantastic size sauna and steam room, with all the comforts you would expect in a spa, is an amazing feature for this yacht. Topped off with an aft opening door so you can sit in the hot tub looking out over the snowy mountains of the alps whilst bubbling away. For the brave you can dive straight off the back of the boat out of the beach club doors to have a refreshing dip in the sea, before retreating back to the sauna.
- A nice hideaway from the other decks where you can get the full feel of the wind and waves whilst sailing. You look along a huge expanse of teak deck to the enormous headsails whilst stretching your legs out on the sofa seating
- 2 x 1,350 kW (1,810 Hp) Caterpillar C18 Diesel
- 2 x Caterpillar C9
- 1 x Caterpillar C8
SAILS & RIGGING
- North Sails 3DI Endurance
- New set of sails ordered for installation in December 2021
- 90m main mast
- 2-person mast lift ascends 70m
- 17 x Custom captive winches
- AV system controlled by Lantic systems with iPad remotes
- 1 x 65" TV & audio system in the main saloon
- 1 x 42" TV in the bar
- 1 x 40" TV in the library
- 1 x Projector
- 1 x 42" TV in the master cabin
- 55" TVs in guest cabins
- Wifi in all cabins
- V-Sat connection – 256MB speed
- Sky TV
- Fleet broadband
- 24 x Underwater lights
- Sauna & steam room in the spa
- 1 x 2.00m jacuzzi in the spa
- 1 x 1.90m jacuzzi on flybridge
TENDERS & WATERSPORTS EQUIPMENT
- 2 x 6.80m X-Tenders (1 x Guest, 1 x Rescue tender)
- 1 x 5.00m military spec tender with 50Hp Yamaha outboard
- 2 x Kayaks
- 2 x Paddle boards
- 2 x RS Aero sailing dinghies
- 8 x Sets of dive gear
- Variety of sizes of wakeboards and skis
- 1 x Upright bike
- 1 x Vibration plate
- Selection of dumbbells, weights & yoga mats
REFIT & MAINTENANCE NOTES
Lloyd’s 5 year survey completed at Vitters shipyard included removal and service / replacement of both rudders with bearings and shafts as well as both thrusters and replacement of all glass window panels on board. Engines / generators major works not due at time of Survey but will be done in November / December 2021. Complete exterior repaint.
For joint Dutch builders, Vitters Shipyard and Oceanco, AQUIJO presented a unique set of challenges driven by the owners’ quest for innovation. The scale of the operation in terms of engineering, development, design and safety was unlike anything undertaken before – she is after all the largest private sailing ketch in the world. Despite her size, AQUIJO was built with the practicalities of true open ocean sailing in mind. Guest spaces are kept clean, uncluttered yet styled to feel exceptionally cosy and comforting. A quite unexpected area onboard is the spacious beach club and wellness area. Located on the lower deck aft, this space features a steam bath, sauna and ocean-view Jacuzzi with direct access to the ocean via large glass doors to the large swim platform. The flybridge is not only a perfect chill out zone during sunny days at anchor, but provides the perfect vantage point from where guests can experience the yacht’s exhilarating sailing performance in a safe and comfortable environment. For the interiors onboard Aquijo, the owners selected German design firm Dölker + Voges from Hamburg to realise their request for unfussy yet sophisticated indoor spaces that are finished with remarkable attention to detail. The exceptional guest areas are designed with multi-purpose spaces that cleverly increase Aquijo’s accommodation layout to handle up to 18 persons on board – one of the many features that make the yacht ideal for charter guests with supernumeraries or additional staff. The four guest suites located on the lower deck can easily be transformed into six cabins to suit guest needs for a particular trip. A guest elevator carries one through all the interior decks and stops off on the bridge deck where the owner’s private apartment awaits. The entire aft section of this deck is dedicated to the use of the owner, with a near full-beam suite that leads out onto an impressive aft deck. Oversized windows and sliding doors, paired with a crisp pallet of ocean inspired colours, makes this area truly feel like floating on a cloud. AQUIJO’S volume allows her to carry a fleet of tenders that few motor yachts of this size can offer. Three tenders, kayaks, sailing dinghies and a selection of scuba diving gear will ensure that even the most adventurous guests onboard will always find something to keep the adrenaline flowing. Aquijo’s skilled crew have been hand selected to offer all guests an enjoyable and safe experience out on the water. Measuring 86 metres, Aquijo spans 14.5 metres across at her widest point and draws an incredible 11.6 metres with her keel fully extended. This draft can be minimised to a mere 5.3 metres when returning to port or cruising in shallower areas.
Find More Yachts for Sale
Edmiston & Company
Edmiston & Company
receive full specifications on this listing
from the certified yacht broker.
receive a pdf brochure on this listing.