RING OF BRIGHT WATER - 2004 28' 3" TILLOTSON AND PEARSON Alerion Express 28
Jamestown Rhode Island $75,000 USD
Jamestown Rhode Island
RING OF BRIGHT WATER is a lovely 2004 example of the popular Alerion 28. Hull # 247. She benefits from the later model keel, the sail drive and does not have any of the stress cracks that earlier models suffered from. Stored inside for winters, the varnish sparkles and the boat looks great with the metallic grey hull and mast color.
Alerion 28’s are fun to sail and are easy to single hand with the self-tacking jib. There is a growing fleet of Alerions racing in Jamestown now!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Metallic grey awlgrip hull.
- Gold boot stripe.
- White cove stripe.
- Scrimp (infusion molded) fiberglass construction w/ both bixial & unidirectional fiberglass fabrics.
- Vinylester resin gelcoat reinforcing layer.
- Balsa core for strength & weight reduction.
- Fin Keel, cast lead w/ integral bulb (note: secured w/ 304 grade stainless steel bolts).
- Spade rudder w/ elliptical blade.
- Cockpit - SCRIMP (infusion molded) fiberglass construction w/ biaxial fiberglass & end-grain balsa coring.
- Deck w/ white Gelcoat & molded smoke white nonskid areas.
- Teak toe rails, full-length.
- 2 x teak hand rails on coachroof
- 1 x Lewmar Deck hatch on foredeck, 19"x19". w/tinted Lexan.
- Companionway, sliding lexan hatch & teak trim & lexan drop-board.
- Teak backrest boards for cockpit, varnished.
- Storage lockers, port & starboard, for cockpit.
Keel & Rudder:
- Standard draft keel 4’6”.
- Spade rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo-Penta Model MD-2010-D.
- 2 x cylinder 12HP fresh-water cooled (FWC) marine diesel.
- Engine control panel w/ Plexi protective cover, engine tach, warning lights.
- Engine throttle lever (note: all located starboard side of the cockpit).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Fuel filter.
- Vetus raw water intake strainer.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Volvo MD-130 Sail Drive.
- 2 x blade bronze folding propeller.
- 12 VDC electrical system.
- Bass circuit breaker panel, 12 VDC w/ 8 x circuit breakers.
- 1 x battery, 12 VDC 60 AH, Ship's Service & Engine Start.
- Guest battery switch.
- 2 x Bilge pumps.
- 1 x Jabsco auto, one Whale manual.
Grey & Black Water:
- Overboard discharge w/ "Y" valve.
- Deck pump-out access plate for Holding Tank (note: located port side deck, amidships).
- Total capacity of 6 gallons (27 litres), in an aluminium tank.
- Total capacity of 5 gallons (23 litres).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Holding tank.
- Plastimo compass, bulkhead-mounted .
- VHF radio.
- 1 burner cooker.
- Igloo Ice check cooler, (36) qt. (note: located at Companionway w/ teak cover, functions as entrance step for Cabin).
- Sink with manual cold water.
- Jabsco head.
- Interior lights, Halogen, include 2 x Salon & 1 x fore cabin.
- Exterior Nav Lights: masthead, steaming, port & starboard & stern lights.
- 4 x Bomar elliptical portlights in cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 3 berths in 1 cabin.
- Standard Alerion Express 28 interior layout & finish work.
- Interior cushions, 3" Urethane w. Sunbrella red covers w/ blue piping throughout.
- WHITE Formica bulkheads w/ varnished teak trim.
- Teak & Holly cabin sole, varnished.
Description of layout from forwards:
- V-berth forward w/ V-berth filler sections.
- Cabin settees, port & starboard w/ storage underneath & behind.
- The Galley area is located starboard (sink).
- Stainless steel sink,
- Manual hand-pump for fresh water service at galley sink.
- Fresh water tank.
- One burner alcohol stove
- Hall Spars, fractional rig, metallic grey awlgrip mast and boom.
- Double swept-back spreaders.
- Keel-stepped mast w/ provision for internal halyards
- Custom stainless steel stemhead fitting w/ welded jib tack fitting.
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging, 1 x 19.
- Internal main halyard & genoa and gennaker halyards.
- Halyards led aft to cockpit via HARKEN fairleads & to (2) banks of (3) line stoppers, port & starboard.
- Lazy-jacks for mainsail.
- Single-line reef system for mainsail.
- Hall spars "quikvang" rigid (w/ 6:1 purchase) boom vang w/ spring-oil system.
- Backstay adjuster, 8:1 purchase, manual & led to cockpit.
- Forespar tiller extension.
- Harken roller-furling.
- Harken mainsheet led to 4:1 traveler system.
- Harken mainsheet cam base & block.
- Mainsheet led to post in cockpit for ease of management.
- 2 x L14 CST (1) speed self-tailing halyard / reef.
- 2x Lewmar 30 self-tailing.
- 2 x Winch handles.
- Sails by North and Jasper & Bailey.
- Mainsails (full battened).
- Self-tacking jib.
- Gennaker in a sock.
- Air Draft - 40'.
- PHRF Rating, 165-168 sec / mile (note: will also vary region to region).
- Mainsail, Dacron, 206 Sq / Ft.
- Mainsail cover, Sunbrella dark blue.
- Sail Area - 352 Sq / Ft Dimensions:
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Ground tackle.
- Anchor w/ rode.
- 4 x mooring cleats, 8" (note: (2) each set forward, and aft).
- 4 x custom cast deck line chocks (note: located forward & aft).
- Dock lines.
- Swim ladder.
- Cockpit cushions blue, with red piping.