ACHILLES - 1984 181' 2" CRN
Genoa Italy €6,500,000 EUR
Achilles underwent a comprehensive 10-month technical refit, special survey and a full cosmetic refit in 2008 with a major interior upgrade carried out by Trimline UK paying a lot of attention to detail and using the finest quality materials.
The entire teak decking was also renewed during this period using 25mm first class quality teak. Achilles has outstanding open deck spaces comparable to a 70-80 m yacht which is her main feature.
All crew quarters, mess rooms were renewed and refitted during this period.
The Galley was completed renewed with new equipment and fittings. The galley is very large and professionally refitted and the size is comparable to a 70-80m yacht.
She was also completely repainted during this period
2009 and 2010 Winter period and 2010 STP Palma
Mini technical refits were carried out during these 2 periods during which work was carried out on the stabilizers and her 2 x Deutz Main Engines and Scania Aux Engines was completely rebuilt by Wartsila and Scania UK respectively . A brand-new Engine monitoring and Alarm system was installed and commissioned by Wartsila.
2015 – 2016 Turkey – Ursa shipyard (Dunya Yachts)
Major technical refit, exterior and interior upgrades, full paint job
Achilles underwent a massive refit in her technical spaces during which the following major works were carried out amongst others
- 90% pipe renewal in Engine room using Schedule 80 galvanized piping.
- Complete rebuilt of Main Engines – Deutz / Wartsila Hamburg
- Complete rebuild of Aux Engines – Scania UK
- Complete rebuild of Stabilizers with a brand-new Hydraulic power pack installed and commissioned by Naiad UK
- Full service and rebuild of the Airconditioning system including all air handlers and fan coils
- Installation of 2 new Stenhoj air compressors
- Installation of sewage plant vacuum tank
- All pumps overhauled and brand-new motors installed on each pump
- Brand new Hydrophore system (Grundfos)
- Renewed all air starting systems and related piping in the engine room
- New floor plates for all technical spaces
- Complete rebuild of HEM water maker and renewal of 90% of the system
- Complete rebuild of Emergency Generator
- Renewed Rexroth air control panel and throttle heads on Bridge wings
- Rebuilt complete bridge control panel and installed a proper box system with hatch.
- Rebuilt bow thruster hydraulics
- Installed brand new Cramm Passarelle with new Hydraulic power pack unit
- Installed new Boiler and heating elements
- Sand Blasted and spray painted all tanks – Ballast, Fresh washer and Grey water. Thoroughly cleaned all Fuel tanks.
- Special survey with full thickness measurements. Renewal of hull plating as required.
- Full rebuild of Tender outboard
- New light fittings (BCM Italy) throughout the Exterior with LED lighting. All interior deckhead lighting changed from Halogen to LED
- Rebuilt bar area on Sun deck and converted it to a new circular seating.
- Complete new deck heads in crew areas and bridge installed with fast mounts
2018 Greece Technical and exterior Refit
- Full inspection testing of shafts, rudders and propellers. Installed Wartsila stern tube mechanical seals on shaft as an upgrade to the glad packing solution.
- Full service – Strip and complete overhaul of Reintjes gear boxes carried out by Reintjes Germany
- Recaulked all decks using Bostik with 3 years guarantee.
- New custom-built aft cabinet with styled Achilles knobs and LED down lighting.
- MAJOR UPGRADE: Full power management system with Auto Generator paralleling, Automatic Load balancing and most importantly seamless transfer between Shore Power-Ship’s power (transfer or power without blacking out the vessel- both ways)
Achilles is a beautiful yet sturdy super yacht with outstanding deck spaces, great for entertaining guests and enjoying the sun and sea in comfort. She has a very strong hull which was originally built as a frigate hull for the Italian navy and then transferred to the renowned CRN yard in Ancona, Italy to build into a first class yacht.
Achilles has had excellent high-quality refits over the years. A wide variety of major and positive upgrades have been carried out in the machinery spaces, exterior and interior to modernise the yacht. It is a perfect yacht for a family and has had the same Owner and Captain since the last 15 years.
Achilles has also benefitted from previous very knowledgable and experienced owners who invested to maintain and upgrade her, including a renowned yachtsman who between 1988-1990 refitted her to the designs of the renowned architect Martin Francis. It was at this time that her tenders were moved to the main deck aft, creating a huge bridge deck aft seating/sunbathing/dining area and bridge deck salon with large floor to ceiling windows affording excellent views, which are now two of the trademark features of Achilles.
She has been very well maintained and still stands out in a marina for her classic look and yet modern amenities.