TIGERLILY OF CORNWALL
1989 108' 3" COCHRANE SHIPBUILDERS LTD. Cruising Sailboat Laurent Giles Motorsailer Palma de Mallorca Spain €1,200,000 EUR
1989 108' 3" COCHRANE SHIPBUILDERS LTD. Cruising Sailboat Laurent Giles Motorsailer Palma de Mallorca Spain
An extraordinary bluewater cruising yacht with a powerful schooner rig and twin screw - she is the archetypal motorsailer, from Laurent Giles. She has cruised around 250,000 nautical miles with these owners in the Mediterranean, Pacific, Arctic Circle and many points in between. Always professionally maintained, she has had major service periods as needed and offers wonderful, and very comfortable accommodation above and below decks together with a reliable 8.5 knots cruise. She turns heads wherever she goes.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1989 108' 3" COCHRANE SHIPBUILDERS LTD. Laurent Giles Motorsailer Cruising Sailboat Motorsailor TIGERLILY OF CORNWALL yacht for sale in Palma de Mallorca, Spain today!
MCA: SCV2 in date next inspection 2022.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull: steel painted in cream Awlgrip.
- Hull bottom plate 8mm, hull 6mm, superstructure 5mm.
- Superstructure: steel painted in cream Awlgrip.
- Decks in teak replaced 2007.
- Gross tonnage: 122,470kg / 270,000lb.
- Net tonnage: 36,287kg / 79,999lb.
- Jotun antifouling system (October 2020).
- Varnish on cap rail (2020).
- 105’ / 32m air draft.
Keel & Rudder:
- Long traditional keel.
- Full-length rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 2 x Perkins Sabre 225 TI, turbo charged replaced 2007.
- Gearbox: Newage PRM.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: STB: 5,886 PT: 5,899 @ March 2021.
- Cruising speed: 8 knots/9MPH.
- Maximum speed: 10 knots/12MPH.
- 2,800 nautical mile range at 8 knots under power including generators.
- Consumption 20 litres per engine per hour.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Steering: hydraulic. New 2018 pumps and cables.
- Propellers: 2 x 3 bladed fixed props.
- Bow thruster: HPF hydraulic 100hp.
Other Mechanical Equipment:
- Forward Auxiliary Sabre hydraulic engine powering a PTO with approximately 1206 engine hours.
- Lewmar Commander power pack rebuilt 2018.
- Hydraulic functions - all sails, bow thruster, winches and windlasses.
- Halyard silicone exhaust hoses.
- Halyard exhaust silencer boxes.
- Spare parts and tools as well as extensive additional spare parts for remote global cruising.
- Voltage: 220v/ 50Hz single phase.
- Start Batteries: 2 x 12v Traction batteries to port and 2 x 12v Traction batteries to starboard provide 24v power.
- Start banks can all be paralleled if needed.
- House Batteries: 12 x Hawker 60pzv gel 2-volt 570amp hours. Installed new Jan 2015.
- Runs 24v system on the yacht.
- 5 x Mastervolt battery chargers.
- 2 x Inverter chargers for the house batteries.
- 4 x Engines all have 220v alternators to power start batteries.
- 2 x 33KW Northern Lights. Generator hours: Starboard: 19,718, Port: 21,703 as at March 2021.
- Shore power connection: 128 amp.
- Receiving 220v.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 1 x 300l hot water tank.
- Calorifier with 220v immersion.
- Boiler jacket.
- HEM reverse osmosis, makes 2880 litres per day.
- Main electric 220v - also fire pump.
- Electric Pump run from port engine - also with fire pump functionality.
- Bilge pumps in all 4 of yachts compartments.
- 2 x Sea chests - port and starboard minimizing the openings in the hull.
- Total fuel capacity of 12,500 litres (2,750 gallons).
- 5 x Integral steel tanks - cleaned 2019.
- Total water capacity of 9,000 litres (1,980 gallons) in 4 x integral steel tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 8,000 litres (1760 gallons) in 2 x black and 2 x grey integral steel tanks.
- Magnetic compass: Plastimo 135 offshore.
- Gyro compass: Tracvision G6 gyro.
- Log: Raymarine ST60.
- Depth sounder: Raymarine ST60.
- Autopilot: Simrad AP50 with Quickhelm.
- Radar: Raymarine 4kw, 48nm digital radar (New Jan 2018).
- Electronic digital chart system.
- 2 x Raymarine Axiom pro 12 inch multi-function display.
- GPS: Furuno GP80.
- Instrumentation system (wind, speed & direction): 10 x ST60 displays.
Communication and Satellite Equipment
- Sailor Fleet 500 - voice and data.
- Internet: Pepwave G4.
- VHF: AIS Icom MA500, 2 x Marine VHF ICM 601.
- Telephone Exchange: Siemens digital 5x cordless handsets.
- VHF hand held radio: 6 x portable Icom VHFs.
- Wireless Colour HP Printer.
- Refrigerators / Freezers: Bosch upright fridge, Westpoint bar fridge, Indesit under counter galley fridge. Bosch fridge freezer, Bosch Exxcel upright freezer.
- Oven: Miele (2019).
- Stove: Whirlpool schoot ceramic induction hob.
- Microwave: Panasonic Combi.
- Ice maker: Hoshizaki - clear ice cube maker.
- Dishwasher: AEG favorit Proclean (2021).
- Washing Machine: Miele 5982.
- Dryer: Miele T8826WP.
- Toilet system: vacuum jet by Stanley Flush.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air-conditioning: 3 x Cruise air, total 72000 BTU.
- Reverse cycle when has proved effective in high latitude
- TV/DVD: 2 x Sharp Aquos 32”, 1 x Sharp 22” TV with integral DVD player, 2 x Blueray players, 1 x Daewoo 22” with Pioneer DVD player, Changhong 20” TV with LG Blueray player.
- Music system: 2 x Bose sound stations. Denon multi switch interior/exterior stereo. 2 x Kenwood stereo with CD player.
- Apple multi-charger unit.
- Some LED lighting installed, with the rest being conventional.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Large owner’s stateroom forward with en-suite including a bath, 2 x double berth guest cabins to starboard with en-suite heads compartments, upper and lower berth cabin, day head which is used by the upper and lower berth cabin, and separate shower stall port side immediately aft of the owners’ stateroom which serves all 3 guest cabins. Aft of the upper and lower berth cabin is a seating area with galley to starboard.
- Crew accommodation is behind the engine room aft with 2 x double berths, 2 x singles and a crew mess. Up steps to the deck saloon with large dining and entertaining area and day galley.
Description of layout from forwards:
Large owner’s stateroom with double berth and ample storage and a large en-suite with bath. There is a door to the lower deck corridor.
To port immediately behind the owners’ stateroom is a dedicated shower room for use by the guest cabins.
Off this, there are two double cabins to port in mirror image - each with their owner heads compartment.
To port is an upper and lower berth cabin with basin, which utilizes the day head that is aft of the lower saloon seating area.
To starboard is the galley with steps up to the deck saloon. The engine room may be accessed from here. Aft is the crew area with a heads comportment, central crew mess and two double and two single berths and access into the engine room.
The deck salon has a large seating area to port and a comfortable seating area to starboard. There is an enclosed galley starboard aft.
Access onto the aft deck with a large cockpit and table for alfresco eating. The area is covered by bimini. The wide protected side decks provide access to the foredeck which has ample room for onboard toys and a sunken sunbathing, relaxing area.
- TIGER LILY is a cutter headed schooner rigged with aluminium masts, built by Hoods, with wire rigging. All serviced and up to date.
- Masts: 33m aluminium main mast.
- Spreaders: 2 x main mast & 2 x foremast.
- Boom/s: aluminium by Hood
- Reefing system: Hydraulic in mast furling for both mainsail and mizzen sail and for both genoa and staysail a
- 4 x Harken hydraulic powered winches.
- 6 x Harken manual winches.
- 4 x Manual captive winches for the sail halyards.
- Main, foresail, staysail, genoa - by Elvstrom Sails (2018).
- Foresails: staysail and genoa.
- Mainsails: mainsail height above DWL 33m.
- Genoa & staysails: genoa and staysail are furled hydraulically with a manual back up.
- Main and Mizzen Masts: In mast hydraulic furling, furled with manual back up.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 x 400lb CQR anchors, 2 x 110 metre chain, 5/8th certified.
- Anchor lights and day shapes.
- Maxwell dual windlasses.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit and couch cushions.
- Deck chairs.
- Side screens around the bimini.
Tender & Outboard:
- 5m Williams jet rib.
- To SCV 2 coding standards.
- 2 x 12 man RFD.
- Flare pack.
- First aid kit.
- Life jackets.
- SM 32 remote fire extinguisher system in engine room.
- 14 extinguishers deployed throughout the ship.