Interior reconfigured & significantly upgraded in 2007. Galley down arrangement converted into a custom tackle room. Galley now located in forward salon area boasts: solid surfacing counter tops, refinished cabinets, wet bar, & new appliances.
This is truly a one of a kind 60 Bertram. Re-powered with 16V 2000’s, she is an animal, and fast as a sailfish. Re-powering was overseen by Lee Dana, one of Bertram Yachts longtime engineers.
Melina is tricked out for tournament fishing and has a proven record. If you want to own one of Bertram’s greatest custom sport fishing boats, this one takes the trophy.
“MELINA” began as a production Bertram 60 Convertible.
The owner has spared no cost upgrading this vessel: upgraded all navigation electronics, reconfigured and upgraded the interior, re-powered with new engines, marine gears, and new generators. She has very low hours on the main engines and generators since 2008. New shafts, struts, propellers, shaft logs, rudders and rudder ports have been renewed in the past several years as well.
The interior was reconfigured and significantly upgraded in 2007. The most notable upgrade was the destruction of the galley down arrangement and converting the space into a custom Tackle Room. The galley is now in the forward salon area and has solid surfacing counter tops, refinished cabinets, wet bar, and new appliances.
The tackle room is a one of a kind custom space that securely stores the extensive collection of professional Bill and Tuna fishing equipment. The reflection from the phenolic mirror material creates the appearance of a much larger area.
The head spaces were renovated and upgraded with new marine grade toilets, solid surfacing, wall coverings and overhead coverings during 2007. The soles are Teak and Holly. New black water holding system and all hoses have also been renewed. The current configuration and finish is only found in one of a kind, high quality, custom yacht.
The vessels exterior was professional prepared and painted in 2015 at American Custom Yachts. The vessels superstructure is white with blue feature stripes that match the hull coating of dark blue. The hull was previously light blue. The transom and raised fiberglass toe rail have been coated using an Air Teak or similar coating system and significantly adds to the visual appeal of the vessel.
The vessel was repowered in 2008 by Jarrett Bay Boat Works Inc. which consisted of removing the original V16-92DDC 1450 hp engines and installing new M91 2000 MTU/DDC 1,800 HP engines, controls, and new marine gears. The running gear was upgraded to accommodate new 3.5” Aqua Met 22HS shafting that was required to accommodate the 1,800 horse power engines with ZF 2070A 2.25:1 marine gears. Mr. Lee Dana Engineered the running gear requirements. New Veem Interceptor propellers were sized, purchased and installed to efficiently utilize the upgrade in horse power. New Onan EQD generators were installed. New LIVOS ventilation system installed. New DC wiring, batteries, & switching renewed as well.
The combined mechanical, interior refit, exterior painting, and tower hard top has converted this vessel into a highly customized Bertram 60 convertible into a one of a kind custom sport fishing vessel capable of a top speed of 41.5 knots.
MELINA is a raised foredeck, stepped sheer, salon house with fly bridge superstructure sport fishing motor yacht constructed by Bertram Yacht of Miami Florida.
- Custom aluminum pipe weld constructed full tower with upper station above the flybridge fitted with a custom fiberglass fabricated sole in 2008
- Custom fiberglass hard top over the fly bridge fitted with recessed LED lighting and custom SST teaser reels new in 2007
- The fly bridge is enclosed with an EZ2CY custom five panel enclosure new in 2007
- There are new high quality marine vinyl bolsters white in color with blue beading installed 2015
- The fly bridge helm is fitted with modern navigational equipment designed for optimal offshore sport Bill and Tuna fishing
- The helm console was custom built in 2008 and a custom display panel with engine function monitors, switching and indicator lights for high water, bilge pumps and navigation light controls installed
- A set of Rupp Hydraulic 18904 big gun out riggers were installed by Bausch American Inc. in 2012
- The helm area has two Release Marine Teak helm chairs equipped with foot pedestals, slides and rotational bases installed in 2014
- Exterior was professionally finished with new paint 2015 at American Custom Yachts
- The paint is of the highest quality with no apparent sags, runs, orange peels or any other abnormalities
- The superstructure is painted white with dark blue feature stripes
- The main deck and cockpit are painted white
- The hull is painted dark blue
- The raised toe rail has been finished with a teak color as has the transom
- The original factory aluminum bumper system was upgraded to a phenolic high impact white fender system provided by High Tide Marine in 2007
- The cockpit sole and covering boards are covered with teak and look new
- There is a transom door with hinged upper opening on the starboard side to allow boating of large fish
- There is a Release Marine Teak 120# fighting chair equipped with a rocket launcher and mounted with an offset 4” polished SST pedestal installed new in 2014
- Forward cockpit is configured with machinery space access door, water supplied bait rigging sink area, below tackle locker drawers, built in bait freezer and live well
- The after cockpit area under the deck is fitted with a large capacity fish box with removable hinged hatches
- The perimeter of the cockpit is equipped with new high quality marine grade white bolsters with blue beading in 2015
Make:Cummins EQD Onan Marine
Installed new in 2008
Make:Cummins EQD Onan Marine
Installed new in 2008
- Alternating Current (VAC)
- Shore Inlet 50 amp 240 VAC
- Main Electrical Distribution Panel starboard aft salon
- Voltage 120/240 VAC
- Main Circuit Protection Double pole circuit breakers engine room and main panel
- Branch Circuit Protection Double pole circuit breaker
- Generator 1 main circuit protection Double pole circuit breaker
- Generator 2 main circuit protection Double pole circuit breaker
- Meters AC amps, volts and main panel
- Conductors Thermoplastic encapsulated mult-stand copper with three conductor boat cable rating at 600 V 105C dry 75C wet rating
- Direct Current (VDC)
- Voltage 24 VDC with 12 volt batteries installed in series for 24VDC use
- Main Engine start per engine 2 deep cycle maintenance free batteries group 31 1200 amp MCA 1550 Amp
- Generator start per unit 1 deep cycle maintenance free batteries group 31 1200 amp MCA 1550 Amp
- 24 VAC marine converter Raritan Crown 2B
- 24 VAC marine converter Sentry 24V 40 amp battery charger
- Battery equalizer Vanner volt master 60-50A high frequency balanced battery equalizer (2)
- Main circuit protection Main disconnect switches in the machinery space
- Branch circuit protection Single Pole circuit breakers at main panel
- Conductors Thermoplastic encapsulated battery cable and thermoplastic encap