LA LUNA is built to RINA and MCA; not currently certified as such. Owner has paperwork to prove build standard and no major changes have been made in the last few years.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull – Vacuum infusion e-glass with PVC foam core on a male mould, with carbon reinforcement.
- Deck – E-glass composite with PVC foam core and carbon unidirectional reinforcement.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin with bulb.
- Spade fully-balanced rudder
Engine & Gearboxes: (Engine can be rebuilt in situ if ever required)
- 1 x Lugger 1066H (250hp/186.4kW continuous rating).
- ZF 285a gearbox
- Engine Hours: c. 4,100 at March 2019.
- Cruising Speed: 9 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 11 knots.
- Consumption: 12.5 lph @ 8 knots approx.
Propulsion & Steering:
- West Mekan 4-bladed variable pitch propeller system (825-850m).
- Lewmar 15hp hydraulic bow thruster.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- HEM 2500 watermaker 300lph (Hours: c. 870 at March 2019).
- Total fuel capacity of 2,600 litres.
- Refurbished 2019.
- Total water capacity of 1,100 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total grey water capacity of 300 litres.
- Total black water capacity of 400 litres.
Summary of Acccommodation:
- LA LUNA has a light and airy interior which is finished in Beech. This was upgraded in 2015 with soft furnishings that enhance the feeling of space internally. She has generous accommodation for 2 crew and a large owners’ statement aft. There is a VIP guest double aft and a large twin cabin. Both have their own heads, but the twin berth cabin heads is set up to act as a day head also. The accommodation has been refreshed including new Ocean Air blinds in the main saloon (2019).
- Foam/honeycomb core with veneered overlay.
Description of layout from forwards:
From forward there is a large lazarette with skippers’ accommodation which has a double berth to port with desk and storage ahead of this. There is a sofa to starboard and separate heads aft with separate shower stall.
There is a door into the lower saloon with horseshoe seating and table to starboard for dining and a large and well finished galley to port with ample storage as well as huge refrigeration.
Up steps to the panoramic main saloon with seating to port with table and a further sofa to starboard with a well laid out nav station aft.
There is easy access onto the deck with a vast cockpit and twin wheels aft of this which is a great area for entertaining.
Internally aft down steps there is access into the engine room which has great access to all the systems.
There are 2 guest cabins – a large double to port with its own heads and an upper and lower berth cabin to starboard.
The owners’ cabin is aft with a double berth, and sofas either side of the berth, a desk and large heads compartment.
Note: Haya Beech veneers throughout, with white paint in crew head.
- Hall spars lenticular carbon rigging.
- Hall spars carbon in boom furling system and mast
- PBO backstay, kevlar runers, Reckman furler
- All deck gear by Harken.
- 388sq/m AP spinnaker.
- 245sq/m code 0.
- Doyle Stratos jib, main and staysail.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Carbon stowaway anchor system with 105lb CQR anchor and 100m grade 8 10mm anchor chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood and covers
- Overall cover for shore storage.
- Transom cover
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 410 tender, with custom heavy duty hypalon tubes and Suzuki 50hp 4-stroke; 250 engine hours.
- Safety gear will need servicing before the summer programme.
- New liferafts serviced 2019 - 3 year service interval.
- FM200 fixed installation in engine room.