When the original owners bought the boat, they added the following options:
1. Engine upgrade to 110 HP & larger alternator.
2. In-mast furling mainsail with vertical battens.
3. Electric cabin top halyard winch.
4. Memory foam mattresses.
5. Quiteflush electric heads.
6. Bose stereo.
7. Extra refrigerator & freezer, so the boat has two of each.
8. Anchor washdown.
9. Track for self-tacking jib.
Since buying the boat in 2013, the current owner has made the following improvements:
1. 3-zone air conditioning (14,000 BTU) & heat.
2. Standing rigging tuned.
3. New VHF with AIS
4. Trackvision Satellite TV plus 2 TVs.
5. Apple TV
6. 11.5' West Marine RIB with Mercury 15 HP 4-stroke outboard (needs service.)
7. Dinghy davits
8. New assymetrical spinnaker.
9. 40 gallon per hour watermaker with manual pump (so you can create water without power.)
10. 8-man liferaft. (Needs re-certification for charter use, but not for personal use.)
11. New 8D batteries (x 3).
12. Sirius satellite radio with lifetime subscription. (Also has satellite weather, but that requires an extra subscription.)
14. Washer / dryer.
15. Bottom paint 2014
A luxurious passagemaker with a versatile floor plan for total extended offshore cruising, the Hunter 49 offers a complete range of live aboard accommodations and outstanding entertainment features.
With an overall length of 49 feet 11 inches, plus a 14' 5" beam and 6' 9" of salon headroom, the Hunter 49 is a BIG boat with impressive interior volume.
Driving the Hunter 49's new hull is a specially engineered sail plan that achieves maximum efficiency while maintaining the Hunter trademark of single-handed sail-ability, which is a great feature for a boat of this size.
Components aboard the Hunter 49 include Hunter's famous mainsheet traveler arch, backstayless B & R rig, a battened full-roach main sail, and two headsail options: single self-tacking jib or self-tacking staysail with overlapping jib.
A dual-ended mainsheet allows adjustments from both the cockpit and companionway, and all sheets and halyards end at the cockpit.