The boat was purchased in USA and completely refitted in Italy from June 2004 and July 2005. The boat has been certified by RINa for the Italian/EC registration, considering her importation the Register apply a full inspection procedure.
This is a list of the work done but not limited to, all of which has been professionally done, employing original spare parts or high quality brands:
- Diesel generator overhaul
- General review (all grounds substituted) plus replacement of 5 batteries
- One 3.5kW transformer 220/110 added. Shore connection
- One 1.6kW transformer 110/220 added. Power from Diesel generator
- Some breakers replaced
- Some electric sockets replaced
- Navigation lights replaced
- 12V external sockets (added for fishing equipment)
- Added two search lights halogen type 500W each
- alternators regeneration
- starters regeneration
- replacement of cooling water pumps (even if only one was to be repaired).
- replacement of rubber pipes
- oil pipes replacement (not required but however done for safety)
- replacement of all belts and zincs
- sea chests regenerations
- cable engine control replaced on one ME.
- New CO2 certified plant (the boat were equipped with an Alon system)
- All pumps replaced with new level alarms
Hot and cold water system
- 80lt boiler replaced
- both electric WC replaced
- autoclave replaced
- fresh water deck wash pump replaced
- disposal regeneration
- air conditioning (normal maintenance)
- one trim piston and sensor replaced
- New LCD TV 28"
- Autopilot motion unit and compass
- New VHF (required by italian rules)
- New professional echo sounder (see details) with new transducers 38/200Hz.
- Radar control unit replaced.
- GPS maps upgraded.
- VHF, CB, GPS and TV antennas replaced.
- Deck wash pump replaced
- Added a live bait tank with water circulation and discharge pump system
- Added a caught tank
- Fighting chair substituted with central table with rod
- Chromed propellers
- Available but to be installed Twin Disc Trolling Valves system (ordered but not yet arrived from USA). Controls already available.
Said this the boat has been refitted to be used as fishing charter boat so we have decided to do not embellish her with painting or other things but we focused the attention on her functionality. The engines have not been painted but they have run only 700 hours after their overhaul in 1996.
The hull has very few little gel-coat osmosis bubbles but there are no delaminating phenomena, no crashes or other damages. Considering the age, the hull is well maintained.
Shaft lines, shaft struts and rudders are in good conditions and the RINa surveyor not required any work we have only maintained as per good practice.