RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Built by Southern Ocean Shipyard of Poole, UK.
- GRP hull and coach roof.
- GRP deck with end core balsa sandwich, all overlaid with 20mm Burmese teak decks (new 2007).
- Hull stripped and epoxied 2007.
Keel & Rudder:
- Deep fin keel with encapsulated ballast.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Ford Lehman 380D 6 cylinder diesel engine 124 hp (1984).
- Borg Warner 2/1 gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Regularly serviced and well maintained.
- New starter motor (2018)
- 2 x alternators (2016)
- Complete sea-water hosing replacement including raw water pump (2018)
- Heat-exchanger overhaul and fuel delivery system replacement (2018).
Propulsion & Steering:
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 15 gallon twin coil calorifier to provide hot water from main engine or shore power.
- Manual and auto bilge pump systems.
- 2 x GRP fuel tanks.
- Total capacity 1,200 litres.
- Built in plexiglass inspection ports.
- 2 x GRP water tanks
- Total capacity 2,250 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x GRP grey water holding tanks with auto pump-out.
- 2 x GRP black water holding tanks with contents gauges (2006) and switchable pump out.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 12 berths in 4 cabins excluding saloon.
- Owner’s stateroom aft with large size double pilot berth.
- Large en-suite heads with shower and toilet.
- Two identical guest cabins, each with retracting lower double berth and folding upper single, and en-suite heads with shower and toilet.
- New mattresses in the stateroom and two guest cabins (2018)
- For’ard triple berth cabin. This cabin can be separated from the other quarters with access through the forward hatch - thus is ideal as a crew cabin.
- In 2007 the upholstery was renewed throughout the yacht.
- Saloon tables and deckboards throughout were stripped and re-varnished.
- Ketch rigged with triadic (2005).
- All S/S standing rigging replaced in 2018.
- Most running rigging replaced in 2016 including mooring lines and guard rail.
- Detachable inner forestay.
- Hydraulic main boom vang.
- Furlex genoa furler.
- All winches (17 in total) are Lewmar, mostly self-tailing and including Lewmar 65 electric powered primaries. All have been stripped, re-chromed, overhauled and fully serviced in 2007.
- Fully battened slab reefed main (2016)
- Mizzen (2013)
- Stay sail (2018).
- Gate in pushpit, transom mounted S/S and teak steps to full width S/S and teak swimming/boarding platform.
- Side-gates in lifelines port and starboard with removable S/S boarding ladder.
- Folding cockpit table attached to binnacle.
- 9 x Lewmar Ocean hatches (2007) with purpose made teak trim frames.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 95lb CQR with 100m of 12mm chain, (anchor new 2003 and chain new 2016).
- 1 x Danforth kedge anchor with 20m of chain.
- 24 volt windlass (2002) with cable hand control.
- 6 x Dan 90cm fenders (2016) with purpose made covers.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood/dodger renewed in Sunbrella (2016).
- Fixed bimini, recovered in Sunbrella (2016).
- Cockpit cushions (2006).
- Full cushions for the aftdeck.
- Boom bags (2016) and lazy jacks.
Tender & Outboard:
- 3m RIB with inflatable hard planning V.
- 6hp engine (2016).
- EPIRB Ocean signal E100G (2018).
- 8 man Ocean Plastimo liferaft (2018) mounted in purpose built q/release frame mounted on the pushpit.
- Plastimo inflatable Danbouy and light (2018) and horseshoe Throwing line.
- First-aid kit.
- Automatic in engine compartment.
- Separate fire extinguishers in: main cabin, saloon, 2 x guest cabins and galley including fire blanket in gallery (all new 2016 and last serviced 2018 June).