The OUT ISLANDER 64 LRC was one of the last designs by the late Tom Fexas. Taking cues from years of designing the Mikelson Yachts Nomad series of yacht fish and built by the renowned Camargue yacht yard (the builder of Offshore Yachts) in Taiwan. With Camargue's experience of over 120 custom builds, the Out Islander 64 LRC is not only the ultimate cruising machine, but her over built standards and quality fit and finish are second to none.
The 64 LRC is a Semi-Displacement hull with generous flair at bow sections, double chines, prop pockets, swim platform, underwater exhaust with FRP exhaust barriers.
Hand laminated FRP utilizing only bi-directional and uni-directional material, vacuum bagged Core Cell solid laminate below the water line with high quality iso and vinylester resins.
Full-length hull girders of high density foam cores with bi and uni-directional material.
Exterior hull finish in high gloss Cook gel coat, Reichold Hydrex vinylester resin laminate.
Multiple thwartship girders reducing panel size and increase impact strength.
Cored structural bulkheads padded at hull, bonded as per schedule.
Putty coated bilges for smooth finish.
All bonding of hull to deck, roofs to cabins done with FRP, exterior finished with gel coat.
30 mil epoxy barrier coating and two coats of bottom paint.
Sealed bow compartment (crash bulkhead) with water tight hatch.
Structural upper and lower FRP rub rails capped with solid stainless steel.
Prop Pockets to reduce propeller draft.
Port and starboard hull doors for convenient access.
Port lights recessed in hull sides for protection.
Hull side port lights thru bolted for added safety.
Full length keel increasing directional stability and propeller protection.
Hand laminated FRP construction utilizing Core Cell sandwich vacuum bagging where appropriate of exterior doors, molded in recessed window and door frames and exterior window frames, internal storage cabinet, port and starboard bulwark doors.
Stainless steel radar arch.
Molded and gel coated finish of interiors of all FRP hatches and doors.
FRP Rear fashion plates.
Tinted tempered window glass (10mm fwd, side, aft and all doors).
Flush FRP recessed access boxes for exterior plumbing and electrical fittings.
Exterior materials of gel coated FRP, stainless or optional teak, no exposed aluminum.
Superstructure and Deck:
Hand laminated FRP utilizing bi-directional and uni-directional material with Core Cell sandwich, high quality ISO resin, vacuum bagging, deck mechanically and FRP bonded to hull.
Suitable high compression cores as required for hardware mounting.
Exterior finished with high gloss Cook gel coat all surfaces, two tone non skid finish at decks.
Main deck soles and engine room bulkheads padded and cored with appropriate sandwich materials.
High bulwarks protecting recessed walk-around decks.
Leak proof window frames molded into cabin sides.
Gel coated joint at overhead deck liner to main cabin sides.
Molded in multiple facet and plank lines for detailed appearance and strength.
Lead shot for ballast.
CoreCell on the interior floor and bulkheads.
Northern Lights 20KW diesel generator (1992 hours) and 16KW diesel generator (1958 hours), with 12V start, whisper sound shield, exhaust separators and E.A.R. anti vibration mounts.
- (4) Prevailer 8D 24V gel cell main engine start batteries with box
- (2) Prevailer 4D 12V AGM generator start batteries with box
- (12) 180 amp hour 6V gel batteries for ship's 12V system with box
- Battery crossover capability for main engine and generator batteries
- Xantrex 3000 watt inverter/120 amp charger with high temp shut down
- Newmar PT-12V-40CE, 12V ship service back up charger with high temp shut down
- Newmar PT-24-20CE, 24V engine battery charger with high temp shut down
- Additional 130amp 12V alternator for house banks
- Digital DC charge rate, DC ammeters and DC voltmeters
- 12V Distribution/circuit breaker panels with amp and volt meters
- 120V and 240V Distribution/circuit breaker panels with amp and voltmeters
- Marinco shore power 125/250V-50A, phone and TV cable inlets port and starboard side (or fore and aft)
- Glendenning CM-7 cable master, 12V with 75' 50 amp cable
- Halogen overhead Cantalupi lighting with dimmer controls throughout
- Wall sconces in salon, reading lights in guest staterooms
- GFI breaker protection as appropriate at deck, galley, heads, engine room and lazarette
- Breaker protection at each AC source
- Electrolysis bonding and grounding system with (2) 5 Â¾" x 11 3/4" zinc plates and shaft scratchers
- High temperature wiring, UL approved
- Local phone/intercom system, 7-station
- Wyngard TV antenna booster and selector switch
- Breaker for search light
- TV in master stateroom, guest room 1, guest room 2 and salon
- Speaker systems at pilothouse, flybridge, aft deck, master stateroom, guest room 1 and guest room 2
- Spreader lights at radar arch
- Village Marine water maker 800/gallons per day