This timeless Alloy sailing yacht offers a well-constructed balance of form and function; her lines are as good-looking today as they were the day she was launched. Eclipse (formerly Esprit) built by Alloy Yachts and launched in 1991, exterior design and engineering by Dubois Naval Architects, consequently the first collaboration with DuBois and Alloy Yachts of New Zealand.
An aluminum hull 32.60m (106'11"ft) beam of 7.60m (24'11"ft) and a 3.00m (9'10"ft) draft, with a cruising range under power estimated at 4000 NM.
Noteworthy: Alloy Yachts demonstrated its engineering prowess with the launch of several ground-breaking sailing yacht projects, including the 32.6-meter Esprit, now “Eclipse” which drew on technology developed by the America’s Cup racing teams to feature the first carbon fiber mast and fully battened mainsail.
US DUTY PAID VESSEL
Refits to include most recent June, 2017, with major refits in 2011 and 2014 and reported upgrades 2001 and 2006.
- Awlgrip 2017; Color: Majestic Blue
- Rigging: Full inspection/mast unstepped
- Carbon Fiber sails (new); Main, Genoa, Staysail
- Updated electronics: Nobel Tech Time Zero software; 2 new marine pc; Argonaut G815 LED monitor
- Antifouling; June 2017
- Shaft pulled and metalized
- Rebuilt pitch control unit
- Asea converter updated
Eclipse features a large, safe cockpit for relaxing while underway. Her teak decks are open, creating a safe and comfortable space to enjoy the outdoors underway or while at anchor. Excellent visibility compared to most deck styled salons with helm station to starboard and guest seating to port and starboard which creates superb views of your surroundings. Below deck is an open layout and with several comfortable seating options to include formal dining and L shaped sofa in the salon. She is able to accommodate up to seven guests in three well-appointed cabins, to include owners full-beam master stateroom aft, a guest cabin with queen-size berth and en-suite bath to port and a starboard cabin with twin berth and an additional Pullman. Full service galley, laundry and crew accommodations are forward with access to the foredeck.
Inspection available for qualified clients, currently located in San Diego California. A beautiful sailing yacht with proven cruising and racing miles.
“Eclipse” features double stainless doors entering the salon/pilot house and breakfast dining area with built in settee’s to either side and the starboard settee with table. An excellent layout with easy viewing from this pilothouse/salon. Moving forward and down a few steps into the formal lounge/salon “Eclipse” offers an open layout which features a large L shaped sofa to stbd with a fixed custom coffee table and L shaped settee that wraps around the formal dining table. This area provides owner/guest privacy from the outside activities and galley, giving a comfortable, plush and open well-appointed area for relaxing, entertaining and formal dining.
Just aft of the salon “Eclipse” has three luxurious cabins for seven guests that are well appointed. The aft master stateroom features a spacious and comfortable full beam lay out with a large center line bed, corner wrap around sofa with a vanity and desk. There are large ports giving abundant amount of natural lighting. The master cabin also offers a private and large ensuite head.
The port side guest cabin has a large center line queen berth with excellent storage. There is also a small sofa for relaxing. This cabin also has ensuite head for privacy and comfort. The starboard side cabin features twin side by side berths and a third pullman berth when needed. All of the cabins are well appointed and feature an easy contemporary feel. Forward of the main salon there is a separate entry to galley and crew area allowing for complete privacy from the yachts activities while the crew and chef are able to attend to duties and meal preparation in the galley.
The crew cabins with accommodation for four or five also offer excellent separation from the guests. “Eclipse” crew area features one double cabin and one twin bunk cabin, each with excellent space and storage. Of special note is the Crew mess area which can convert into a single cabin with pipe cot and offers a private area for crew.
• Furuno GPS model GP-37
• Furuno Universal AIS model FA-150
• Furuno Bridge Radar model RCU-014
• Furuno Aft Helm Radar model 1945
• Pilothouse Monitors model Planar
• Fleet Broadband Thrane & Thrane model 3672A
• Fleet Broadband Thrane & Thrane Sailor 500
• Skanti HF SSB radio system TRP 7000
• Simrad VHF Radio system HS-90
• Panasonic Telephone System KX-NT 343
• Tokimec Gyro Compass model ES-110
• B&G wind, speed system model 20/20
• B&G wind, speed system model Hercules 2000
• B&G wind, speed system model Hercules 690
• Icom VHF hand held radios IC-M34
• Communication Computer Marine PC MPC-FR-2017
• Navigation Computer Marine PC MPC-FR 2017
• Cockpit Monitor Argonaut G815 LCD Hi Brite 2017
“Eclipse” has a large safe cockpit for relaxing underway. You will find the open decks safe and comfortable to enjoy the outdoors. She is easy to sail and recently upgraded providing limitless cruising and or racing performance. Docking made easy to with hydraulic bow and stern thrusters.
- Mast : Carbon fiber Southern Spars NZ - New 2011
- Boom: Carbon fiber Southern Spars NZ - New 2011
- Rigging: Nitronic 2011
- Winches: Captive Seaway Powell
- Main Sail: Doyle Stratis Carbon 218sm- New 2017
- Genoa: Doyle Stratis Carbon 243sm -New 2017
- Staysail: Doyle Stratis Carbon 77sm- New 2017
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker: MPS/A 600sm - New 2011