It is hard to believe that FAIRTIDE is a 1998 boat. Not only does she show like a much newer boat, this Bob Perry design incorporates many features found in much newer boats. At first glance you cant help but notice the plumb bow, long waterline and extended swim platform. The Saga 43 is the ultimate performance cruiser. Easily sailed by a couple but ready to take whatever mother nature throws at you on an extended cruise.
FAIRTIDE is in excellent condition and has been lovingly maintained by all her owners, and has taken the current owners to the Bahamas and back in safety, speed and comfort.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Bridge Clearance: 63’8” / 19.43m.
- No teak trim on deck for low maintenance.
- Bottom stripped 2011, epoxied & bottom painted.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead bulb keel and spade rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH2 50 Hp. 3157 Hrs (July 2018).
- Rebuilt engine starter (2018).
- Replaced exhaust Waterlock Vestas LSG (2018).
- Replace forward engine mounts (2016).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 8.25 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 9 knots.
- Reverso oil changing pump (2014).
Propulsion & Steering:
- EDSON pedestal w/40" wheel.
- 3 blade Maxprop.
- Serviced 3-blade Max Prop and applied Propspeed (2018).