MCA commercially compliant, composite societies DNV hull and scantlings and Lloyds hull and machinery with MCA issuing loadline certificate.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull: carbon pre-preg Nomex sandwich.
- Superstructure: carbon pre-preg Nomex sandwich.
- Deck: carbon pre-preg Nomex sandwich with teak removable cockpit.
- Hull: Metallic blue.
- Superstructure: Matterhorn white.
- Deck: Matterhorn white.
Keel & Rudder:
- Stainless steel milled fin and lead bulb (new 2014).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Engine: YANMAR 4LHA177KW 5,644 hours (overhauled at 4,500 hours).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Performances: 10 knot @ 200 rpm.
- Consumption: 12 L / H @ 200 rpm.
- Range: 840 NM.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Bow Thruster: None but valve block and provisions to fit one.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Boiler: 220V with hot water recovery from both main engine & generator.
- Hot and cold water pressure pump.
- 180 L/H HEM 20 with both hydraulic and A/C HP pumps.
- New membranes in April 2017 - 1,384 hours (April 2017).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
Description of layout:
- Forward of the saloon the luxury guest accommodation can be found which can accommodate up to 8 guests. This comprises of a master ensuite cabin, two further double ensuite cabins and two single pullman cabins perfect for families or a group of friends whilst cruising the warmer waters of the Mediterranean or the Caribbean.
Deck and Cockpit:
- In cruising mode, the deck offers quite a large space for relaxation and sun beds or hamacs under the awning, with a cockpit fitted with teak deck, table and cushiuns for eight guests comfortably.
- All the winches and the sailing functiuns are situated behind this safe zone of the cockpit.
- The open transom gives access to the tender and the water, and the swimming ladder is located amiship on the side.
- A spraydodger and a bimini keeps a protected area for lunch and dinners.
- Once going into race mode, the table and the teak deck in the cockpit are removed to save space and weight.
Chart Table and Crew Area:
- Aft of the saloon, the crew area is on a slightly lower level and has a separate companionway leading to the rear of the cockpit and a well-equipped galley. Just forward of the chart table, an expanse of carbon provides a dining table for the crew but remove this cover and the yacht’s brain – the Programme Logic Control (PLC) – is laid bare. This vast computer controls Leopard’s 132 hydraulic functions: an astonishing mass of neatly ordered wiring and galaxy of winking lights that prompt a high level of respect from the onlooker and recognition of the PLC’s latent power.
- Leopard’s interior is fitted out in an ultra-light, airy and modern idiom. Broad companionway carbon steps lead down to the spacious saloon. Elegant yet modern, the saloon is filled with home comforts and comfortably seats 12. There is a large dining table to port surrounded by ample seating in appealing rich fabrics. In-house entertainment comes via the latest in at-screen TV, DVD and Audio equipment.
- The cabins are located forward of the saloon, with two single cabins on each side, followed by one double cabin and ensuite bathroom on the port side, and one twin cabin with ensuite bathroom on starboard side.
- The Master Cabin, forward of the yacht, has a large double bed and a comfortable ensuite bathroom.
- 6 bunks aft of the yacht.
- Located in the crew area and divided in two working zones, the galley is equipped with Microwave and 4 burners’ hob plus domestic oven.
- Deck hardware: LEWMAR & HARKEN.
- SOUTHERN SPARS mast with major upgrade in 2014 (new deflector system).
- New SOUTHERN SPARS boom 1 m longer in 2016.
- Standing rigging: Carbon Future fibres.
- Running rigging: Marlow – TT rigging.
- Furlers: KZ marine.
- All sails from DOYLE SAILS except storm gear and SS.
- Carbon racing square top mainsail – New from 2016 (delivered with the new boom).
- Cruising “pin heard” mainsail – 2015.
- Delivery no batten mainsail – 2013.
- Storm trysail – 2007.
- Racing J2 jib – 2016.
- Training racing J2 jib – 2015.
- Furling cruising no batten J2 jib – 2016.
- Racing J5 jib with batten – 2016.
- No batten J5 jib – 2014.
- Furling R2 – 2015.
- Free Flying A2 – 2015.
- A3 – 2015.
- A5 – 2014.
- SS – 2017.
- GS – 2015.
- Storm jib – 2007.
- Sail area; Upwind: 670 m²; Downwind: 1,430 m².
- 2 x 40ft containers full of spares and equipment.
- Shipping cradle.
- Keel cradle.
- Mast stands.
- Single rudder for inshore racing.
- Spare rudder for twin rudder system.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Custom made submarine anchor with 90 meters of chain that can be removed for racing.
- LEWMAR 3000 Hydraulic windlass.
Tender & Outboard:
- 4.2 m ribeye tender with 60 HP HONDA outboard engine.
- Dive equipment’s for 2.
- Snorkelling for 8.
- Donut for kids, double skis, wakeboard, SUP.
- 4 x 8 man Liferaft.
- RORC safety equipment for 30 people.