A companionway leads from the port aft end of the salon to the owners' and guest accommodations below.
Formal dining for up to eight (8) at beautiful teak round table forward end of salon
Sony 58" pop-up TV to starboard
Onkyo and Sony entertainment systems can be piped throughout interior and exterior of the vessel
Custom teak cabinetry with Bamboo carved motif trim
Cabinets across forward end of salon for china, glassware, table linens, etc.
Double door storage cabinets along port side which house the yacht's vast video collection
Three-seat leather sofa to starboard
Antique Oriental rugs
Wooden slatted blinds
115V LED lighting, throughout
(2) matching china table lamps and one additional smaller china lamp
New carpeting throughout yacht in the summer of 2015
Located on deck forward of the main salon/dining salon
Very light and spacious with an abundance of storage cabinets
All cabinets have security pins for underway
Major appliances and features include:
Bosch side-by-side refrigerator and freezer
Profile 5-burner cooktop and oven
Black & Decker Spacemaker coffee maker
Double stainless-steel sink with garbage disposal
Light green granite countertops
Fold down serving table
Outboard of the galley is the on-deck day head. Galley Maid fresh water head, green granite countertop, sink with gold plated fixtures. Farther along companionway is a full-length storage locker.
Companionway flooring leading from salon, including the wheelhouse, is finished high gloss teak and holly sole.
Below and all the way aft is the light and very comfortable master stateroom with a California King berth. Plenty of hanging lockers with louvered doors for ventilation. During the 2009 refit, a port closet was converted to a 2nd head hence providing this stateroom with his and her heads. Onyx counter tops, gold plated fixtures, Galley Maid fresh water heads and roomy showers. Ports in this stateroom are covered with sliding Shoji screens. Soft goods and linens are of the highest quality.
Forward of the master to port is the twin berth guest stateroom with inboard Pullman berth, flat screen TV, and en suite head with shower.
Opposite to starboard is the 2nd guest stateroom which was converted in 2009 to a double. It, too, has an inboard Pullman and en suite head. Flat screen TV on forward bulkhead.
Navigation and Electronics
Furuno 3D NAVnet dual station
(2) Furuno 120mile
radars with AIS Class B (send and receive) dual station
Furuno G-37 DGPS
Furuno Sirius Marine satellite weather dual station
Raymarine Tri-Data information equipment dual station (depth, speed, water temp)
Standard Horizon VLH3000 loud hailer
(2) ICOM ICM604 VHF with flybridge repeater
Maptech offshore electronic navigator plotter dual Station
Simrad SP25 auto pilot dual station
(2) KVH TracVision M7
3M X 95 Projector with 13' projector screen
DirecTV satellite system with each of 9 TV's having independent receivers
(5) Nuvico Pan/tilt/zoom cameras
(3) Seaport Technology underwater cameras
Geovision GV- 1120 Multi-cam surveillance system
Bose acoustic noise canceling headphones in all guest cabins
Intercom/cellular phone system
Cellular internet and fax
Dual washers and dryers (crews quarters and lazarette)
Camel color leather bench seat with drawers underneath
Wing doors and screen doors to port & starboard
Chelsea Clock & Barometer
In addition to the navigational equipment and controls, there is a 12 & 24V DC electrical panel and security panel to starboard.
Steps lead from the starboard side of the wheelhouse to the flybridge. A stairway to starboard leads below to the crews' quarters and engine room.
BANYAN'S crews' quarters are spacious and very comfortable, especially for a yacht of this size. At the bottom of the stairway, immediately to the left on the starboard side is a head and shower for the criss‐cross berth crew cabin opposite. To the right of the stairway ‐ starboard side ‐ is a laundry/utility area with a Bosch washer and dryer, storage cupboards and a microwave. Immediately forward of this is the captain's cabin with double berth and an
ensuite head. Opposite the laundry area is a crew dinette with seating for four. Dinette settees were reupholstered in the summer of 2015. At the same time, all of the wallcoverings in the crew's quarters were renewed, all of the joinery was refinished, the carpeting was replaced with the same quality carpeting as was installed throughout the yacht (cut and bound for easy removal and access to hatches), all of the crew berth mattresses were renewed and a new Vissani refrigerator was installed.
Engine and Mechanical Equpment
New detuned CAT C18's, 875 hp, in 2009. 3,000-hour service completed in 10/14. Hours: Starboard: 4,735 to 11/27/18. Port: 5,246 to 11/27/18.
Speed and consumption: 10 knots (1100 ‐ 1200 RPM) = 25 gph for both engines. 14 knots (1,850 RPM) = 50 gph for both engines.
(2) Northern Lights 33 kW generators. Hours: starboard 7,360 to 11/27/18), port 7,621 to 11/27/18.
Furuno 3D NAVnet - dual station, updated 10/2014
Side‐Power 50 hp bow thruster
Side‐Power 50 hp stern thruster
PTO's for bow thruster, stern thruster and anchor windlass off port & starboard mains
Naiad stabilizers - Fins dropped and Naiad stabilizers serviced in March 2015
(2) Seakeeper Zero‐Speed gyro stabilizers, new 2009. Strainers relocated to lazarette in 2015. Seakeepers are model #7000A. They weigh 982 pounds each and are 3’(L)x3.25’(W)x2.4’(H) Serviced in Fall 2018.
Zmodo complete security system with Z‐viewer app for cell phone (fire, high water, security door)
(2) Micron fuel scrubbers
Chilled water AC, (2) compressors
(2) Intake & extractor fans
(2) Headhunter fresh water pumps
Reverso fuel priming system
New Aquamiser Watermaker, 1,500 gpd., May 2017
All batteries replaced 2013 - gel cells
(2) For 24V system
(2) For 12V system
(2) 12V house batteries
(3) 50‐amp service ‐ 220V AC inlets
Shore‐power 1 and 2 through Smartbox and 100‐amp transformer
#3 Shore‐power (50‐amp) for air conditioning
24 & 12V DC
Main ‐ 24V
Gens ‐ 12V
Ward's Electrical panel at forward engine room bulkhead
(2) Long 50's
(2) Short 50's
100‐amp box with (2) 50's
(1) Long 100-amp splitter
Deck and Hull
Muir 4500 windlass
Forfjord 150 lb. galvanized anchor with 350' chain
10‐Person life raft
(10) Smoke hoods
Flat, stainless steel "chafe bar" removed, cleaned, replaced with new stainless-steel bar using bedding compound to prevent salt water intrusion in 2015.
EZ2CY curtains on aft deck plus V-Kool on all windows
Sony 32" pop-up TV
38-bottle wine chiller
Access to flybridge or cockpit
A/C & heat or alfresco atmosphere
Electric hi‐lo table for cocktails or dining for up to ten (10)
The lazarette was enlarged in 2009 after the yacht was extended by 14 feet. It houses a Bosch washer and dryer, freezer, bait freezer, steering system, two water tanks plus two Seakeeper Zero Speed Gyro stabilizers.
Access to aft deck or swim platform which has easy water and tender access
Nautica 17' Catamaran w/115 hp Yamaha outboard
Steelhead CT 2000 lb. davit
Hard top with soft enclosure. New EZ2CY curtains in 10/2015.
Toshiba 26" TV
Vision fitness treadmill
Access to wheelhouse or aft deck
A/C and heat or alfresco atmosphere
Hi‐lo table for cocktails or dining for up to eight (8). One pedestal replaced with two during
Spring 2015 refit. Table now slides diagonally in and out in addition to going up and down.
Projector 13' movie/TV screen
Boat deck repainted August 2015
(8) Aluminum fuel tanks: All sandblasted and recoated in March 2015 with High Solid Epoxy.
#1 Under master stateroom: 880 gallons
#2 Between master and guest staterooms: 1148 gallons
#3 Under guest stateroom: 718 gallons
#4 & 5 Day tanks, port & starboard engine room: 373 gallons each.
Lazarette #6,7,8: port & starboard: 230 gallons each. Center: 180 gallons
Black water, Gray Water, and Water tanks:
Black water ‐ in between main engines: 700 gallons ‐ sandblasted and recoated in March 2015
Gray water ‐ forward of black. Capacity unknown ‐ sandblasted and recoated in March 2015
(2) Water tanks under crews' quarters: 500 gallons each ‐ New March 2015
Tank tender in crew mess for fresh water and black water
Fire and Safety Equipment
Medical emergency kit with an automatic defibrillator
Kidde FM200 Halon engine room extinguishing system
(12) Dry chemical fire extinguishers
Vision Fitness treadmill
DVD and CD library
DVD and CD players throughout
BANYAN's owner, an experienced yachtsman, has made many significant upgrades to this lovely classic. In 2009 a 14' extension was added to the hull which provided a cockpit, lazarette storage area, and BBQ. New main C18 CATS were installed, the electrical system was revamped, new electronics, audio visual equipment, air conditioning and heating, plumbing, steering, bow & stern thrusters, and an updated anchoring system were fitted.
In the winter of 2015, BANYAN underwent a subsequent refit to the one she had had in 2009. This included, in part, some of the following major work:
1) Starboard engine overhauled: rebuilt head, new pistons and liners, rebuilt turbos and rods, heat exchanger cleaned, water pump and filters renewed. Zero hours as of 03/15/15.
2) Bottom plating replaced from bottom of keel to 20" up and from the bow to 40' aft, including the water tanks.
3) All thru‐hull valves serviced and checked. Those with stainless steel flanges retrofitted with delron isolator kits. 12 thru‐hulls without flanges were replaced with polypropylene Banjo valves.
4) All fuel tanks cleaned, and pressure tested. Grey and black water tanks, pressure tested, sandblasted, and recoated. New water tanks pressure tested and recoated.
5) Naiad stabilizer fins dropped, and major service work performed in April 2015.
6) Seakeeper gyro pumps and strainers serviced and relocated. New control boxes in lazarette.
7) Shaft logs reconditioned (coated plus new bearings and seals). Engines realigned.
8) Major tune up on both generators: New injectors, hoses, belts, clamps, oil filters, and valves set Summer 2015. Details of refit including photos and video available to be seen upon inspection of vessel.
Fall 2016: (2) New Marine Exhaust System exhaust risers in October 2016. (6) New cutlass bearings.
Winter 2016: Port engine majored by Ingalls Marine Diesel in December 2016. Stabilizer cooling system, water lines, filters and oil changed in December 2016.
Work and Upgrades 2017/2018
Work Since May 2017
• Davit- new power pack installed, ram cylinder rebuilt, New hand control, serviced
• Zero Speed Gyros- new gen 2 control board installed on port gyro, both gyros serviced and zincs replaced
• Navigation Computer- installed new nav computer and TZ software
• Nav Monitor- new navigation monitor installed on flybridge
• Anemometer- anemometer added and integrated into navigation computer
• Wi-Fi- New Aegean Wi-Fi manager installed
• Spotlight- added control at wheelhouse station
• Compressor- ships compressor rebuilt, new hi pressure lines run in engine room
• Watermaker- new watermaker installed, currently less than 10 hours on it
• Macerator- black water macerator replaced with new Oberdorfer pump
• Steering- new high pressure steering lines installed under cockpit
• Steering Pumps- services and calibrated
• Steering- replaced seals on wheelhouse hydraulic steering box
• Windlass- removed, cleaned, greased and replaced
• Paint- exterior paint bubble removal and touch-ups
• Teak- handrail and cap rail from midships around stern stripped and 8 coats applied
• Generator- starting batteries replaced
• Aft Bar refrigerator- replaced with new
• Crew Dryer- replaced with new
• Captain Cabin- new TV
• Flybridge aft seating area umbrella replaced with new teak umbrella
• Master Cabin- new carpet installed
February 2018 Haul Out Work
• Bottom Paint- bottom cleaned, rough sanded, then two coats of Seahawk Premium bottom paint applied
• Props- re-machined and balanced
• Props and Shafts- applied prop speed anti-foul
• Shaft Spurs- removed, cleaned, sharpened and replaced
• Cutlass Bearings- inspected and determined sound
• Zincs- all underside zincs replaced
• Through Hulls- All grates removed, cleaned painted and replaced.
• Through Hull Valves- all exercised and greased
• Grey and Black Water System- most hose and pipe runs were replaced with larger diameter hose or pipe, all
sump pumps checked and either most upgraded to a larger pump.
• Bilge Pumps- inspected and some replaced if deemed too small or not working properly
• Underwater Lights- bulbs replaced
• Potable Water Pressure Tank- replaced
• Anchor Chain- inspected, repainted
The owner of BANYAN has taken every measure possible to assure that his yacht is in excellent mechanical and structural shape, as well as in beautiful cosmetic condition. Anyone looking for a pedigree, quality, classic yacht with up‐to‐date systems and a multitude of upgrades should seriously consider this superb offering. Now on the market in Fort Lauderdale and very earnestly for sale.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed.
Excludes personal items including some art work, china, glass vases, etc.