SEAMENT (previously Joyride) is a custom built Cheoy Lee completed in 2007. The vessel was upgraded extensively well beyond any prior older sistership and stands in a class all to its own. This vessel has been maintained consistently by both owners. She is a Tom Fexas designed Sport Motor Yacht and is well respected for performance and sea keeping capabilities in heavy seas.
SEAMENT is US Duty paid.
Teak decking is installed on the aft swim platform deck, side decks and aft deck. On the aft deck there is a service bar with Sub Zero drawer refrigerator and clear ice Kitchen Aid ice maker along with a bar sink, glass and bottle storage. There is a large aft deck settee with custom teak aft deck table that is finished in high gloss. The entire aft deck is under cover and offers an exceptional area for entertaining and dinning. The side decks provide a full walk around environment.
On the swim deck there is an access door to the crew area and engine room. There is also a bosuns storage locker which provides access to additional equipment that is below the stairs that lead up to the aft deck. The shore power connection is located on the port side and there is a 100 amp shore power cord that feeds via a Glendinning cable master.
On the foredeck there are three custom sun lounge chairs mounted to the deck with upholstered cushions. The anchor windlass is below the deck and easily accessible. The foredeck is painted non skid.
All exterior upholstery is fitted with custom covers.
There is a Marquip 9 step sea stair that stows on the port side deck. Fuel fills are on both side decks.
Going up the stairs from the aft deck there is a large boat deck that leads forward to the fully enclosed flybridge that is air-conditioned. The boat deck is painted non-skid aft and then teak decking forward and into the flybridge area. The flybridge has a bar to port with mounted barstools, Fire Majic propane gas grill, Sub Zero refrigerator drawers and a Kitchen Aid clear ice ice maker. There is a large settee and table to starboard. There are three Crown Limited helm chairs and excellent visibility. Access to the lower decks is via a sliding hatch to port of the helm station. The air-conditioning is extremely efficient and can provide a very comfortable environment in hot summer weather.
The flybridge hard top was factory engineered and designed to be removable with use of a shoreside crane. The result is the top of the ships compass on the flybridge is the highest point when the hard top is mounted and bolted down on the foredeck. With the hardtop down the boat is able to pass under bridges south of Chicago and can travel the Great Loop making her Great Lakes capable without the added distance of the Seaway. Lowering the hardtop and securing it to the foredeck is a start to finish task of under one hour once a crane is standing by.
The boat deck crane is a hydraulic 1700 lb capacity Nautical Structures.
The props are Nibral 5 blade Class S propellers.
The entire vessel is painted with Awlcraft 2000 paint, a Awlgrip product.
Vessel Walk Through
Entering the Main Salon from the aft deck there is a large settee to port with ample seating and storage below. To starboard there is a recliner and the entertainment center is in the aft starboard corner of the salon. Moving forward there is a wet bar on starboard and the Dining Salon table to port. The Dining table has leaf’s allowing variable seating configurations for up to eight. There is built in storage for the leaf’s as well as all necessary service items.
The wet bar is equipped with a under counter refrigerator and amble bottle and glass storage. Forward of the wet bar is a ships desk that was custom designed and built for the vessel.
Forward of this space is a wide spiral staircase providing access to all decks. From the staircase forward is the Galley and Pilot house. The day head is immediately to starboard and the galley to port. This is a bright and open area that is extremely comfortable. Going forward and down from the pilot house on port is the VIP cabin which is full beam width. The bed is to starboard and the head is all the way forward and has a very large shower with overhead hatch. The cabin has ample cedar lined hanging locker space and offers above average natural light via a fixed overhead sky light into the pilot house space.
Going down the spiral staircase to the lower deck there are two guest cabins off the foyer forward, the port side cabin is fitted with twin beds and the starboard side cabin is fitted with a queen size bed. The closets are cedar lined. Each cabin has its own entertainment systems and private head with shower.
From the lower deck foyer, the Master Stateroom is aft with a full beam width cabin, the king size bed is on the center line. There are two large walk in cedar lined closets in this area and a settee to port. On starboard there is a dressing/make up table. Further aft is the master head. The design was customized to offer a private toilet room to starboard, a vanity counter with two sinks, another toilet then a very large shower. There is an emergency access hatch to the engine room over the toilet which is on the center line.
Going up the spiral staircase from the Main Salon you enter the air-conditioned Flybridge space. There is a full hard top and enclosure for this area.
Just aft of the Flybridge is a large boat deck, settee facing aft and stairs that lead down to the aft deck. The stairs have a sliding hatch cover.
Galley and Pilothouse
The open design of the galley and main deck pilothouse area creates the hub of the boat with upgraded appliances, large dining area with settee to starboard and helm station which offers exceptional visibility in bad weather. The helm station offers a unique roll top feature that all but erases the helm station from the space. There is side deck access to port. The galley is equipped with a Sub Zero side by side refrigerator, a Wolf oven and cook top are new (December 2017) as well as new Samsung microwave oven. The dishwasher is a Kitchen Aid. The double stainless steel sink is fitted with a garbage disposal and a Insta Hot water dispenser. There is ample storage and excellent visibility from the entire space. The dayhead is to starboard. There is a TV mounted to port. The flooring is Amtico.
Access to the VIP cabin is to port of the helm station and down stairs where there is one of two laundry stations on board.
• Fiberglass U-shaped seating with cushions and storage below
• Teak high gloss topped pedestal mounted table
• Sub Zero drawers refrigerator and Kitchen Aid clear ice maker, bar sink
• Painted fiberglass storage cabinet with fresh water wash down hose bib
• Natural teak deck and molded fiberglass steps with teak treads leading to flybridge
• Stairs to cockpit with stainless steel gate
• Overhead lights, control switch and TV in custom enclosure
• Port and Starboard aft deck line handling Maxwell VC 1200 24v capstans, foot switches
The crew cabin is accessed from the aft deck where there is a bunk room to port and laundry station and large head to starboard. There is an emergency escape hatch from the crew head up into the aft deck settee. Moving forward there is a counter top with under counter freezer and sink. Storage cabinets are above. Additionally there is a large storage area aft of the crew bunk room. Moving forward from the crew area is the access water tight engine room door with sight glass.
- Twin Caterpillar C-32 Acert diesel engines rated at 1652 hp each. Fresh water cooled, electronic injector/governor. With ZF model 2060A gears. Hours 2/2018 P-2866, S-2881
- Underwater exhausts with bypass and fiberglass mufflers
- Naiad integrated hydraulic system includes two PTO hydraulic pumps driven off main gears, hydraulic oil tank with sea water cooling circuit, manifold valves used for bow & stern thrusters and stabilizers.
- Naiad 10 32hp hydraulic bow & stern thruster and stabilizer system with 12 sq.’ fins and Datum dual control stations. Hydraulic power from twin hydraulic pumps run off the main engine gear boxes
- Power hydraulic steering system, including valves for optional autopilot installation
- Twin Northern Lights 30KW generators with hydrolastic mounts and 12vDC starting and full sound shields. Hours as of 2/2018 P- 3333, S-3224.
- Air conditioning 220vAC reverse cycle chilled water system with two chillers
- Centek combo generator mufflers, air/water separator type with hull side exhaust
- Engineered engine room ventilating system with intake blowers
- 55 gallon clean oil reservoir in engine room
- Lube oil change system manifold and hoses to all engines and gear boxes
- Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauges for main engines, manifold to allow filter change underway.
- Racor filters with vacuum gauges for generators
- Two 30 gallon quick recovery dual element water heaters mounted in equipment space below the VIP cabin
- 2 Headhunter AC water pumps and accumulator tank for fresh water pressure system
- Cartridge style whole system water filter unit
- Automatic sump and bilge pumps throughout vessel
- Fuel management manifold system consisting of fuel shut-off valves, fuel transfer pump with meter system and selector
- Hart Tank Tender gauges for fuel, fresh water, black and grey water tanks
- Black water tank level indicator and high level alarm
- Black water holding tank system with Y-valve selector to allow direct overboard or into holding tank
- Macerator pump for holding tank pump out, overboard discharge.
- Groco bronze raw water strainers on all engines and sea water pump intakes
- Bronze seacocks on all through hull fittings below waterline
- Custom sound mounts for engines, generators, head pumps and motors, air conditioning compressors and sea water cooling pumps.
- Engineered sound vibration system for engine room consisting of lead tile sound barriers and Mylar faced synthetic lead-foam insulation covered with painted aluminum perforated sheeting.
- Seashaft 22 propeller shafts
- Stainless steel rudder blades
- Nibral 5 blade class S dynamically balanced props
- Duramax cutlass rubber stern and rudder bearings
- Packless shaft seals
- Automatic 24vDC and 110Vac explosion proof florescent lights
- Ansul CO2 Fire Suppression System with 2 75 lb remote CO2 bottles, smoke detectors
- Watertight entrance door from aft swim step to crew area
- Watertight emergency escape hatch from engine room to master cabin
- Sea Recovery 1800 gallons per day watermaker
- 496 Mastehead Unit
- Wind Interface Box M.H1000-Wd1
- Speed/Depth Interface Box M.H1000-Sd1
- NMEA Interface Box M.H1000 Universal Interface
- (2) Display M.H1000-Dsp
- H1000 Depth Transducer Long Reach SEN-DPT-LRAT
- H1000 Speed Transducer Long Reach SGN-SPD-LRA
- Horizon Matrix Gx1280s DSC VHF with Flush Mount Kits Mm1884/528-Vw4 VHF Antenna and 101 Mounts
- Four Standard Horizon Radios, 2 at each station
CCTV Camera System
- Exs41 4 Channel Sequential Switcher M.Exs-41
- (3) Exc714 Color Ball Camera and Ec3 Cable
- Altv 1224 Camera Master Power Supply
- (2) Extd30-4 Video Distributor
Auto Pilot and Gyro System
- Simrad Ap25 Control Unit
- Simrad Ap26 Control Unit
- AC20 Auto Pilot Computer
- RC36 Rate Compass
- RF300 Rudder Feadback Unit
- Furuno 72 Mile with Open Aray
- Garmin HD 48 Mile with Open Aray
- 3 Garmin 8215 Units at Flybridge Helm
- Original Navnet and Displays in Pilothouse
- AIS Integrated
- Twin Northern Lights 30KW generators with hydrolastic mounts and Centek air/water separators.
- 220/110AC, 60Hz AC and 24/12Volt DC electrical panels, main panels in engine room and sub panels throughout vessel.
- Two 24vDC, 210 amp-hour battery banks for engine starting and ship service
- Battery parallel system at both helm stations
- 24v DC 50 amp charger
- Two 12v DC 175 amp-hour battery banks for generator starting
- 12v DC 20 battery charger
- 50 amp Vanner 12v DC equalizer with 12v DC 120 amp-hour battery and 12 spare 24/12v DC circuit. Breakers in sub panel for electronics. Battery condition indicator.
- ACR 100 searchlight with dual station control
- Halogen overhead light fixtures
- Valance lights and floor rope lighting 24v DC
- Automatic wardrobe lights
- 24v DC reading lights
- Emergency lights 24v DC, automatic at loss of AC power, to incorporate floor and stairway lights and selected overhead lighting. Removable emergency flashlights in each stateroom.
- Glendinning cablemaster shore power cable system for 230v AC 100amp service with 100’ cable.
- Shore telephone inlet
- Copper bonding system connecting all through hull fittings and metal components to exterior zinc anodes
- ACME 25kVA isolation transformers for shore power system
- Dynaplate grounding plate and strap to pilothouse and flybridge ground terminal boards Voltmeters and ammeters for supply circuits
- Generating set/shore power selector switches and shore power polarity indicator
- Security alarm sensors on all doors and hatches
Hull and Deck Construction
- Construction is of Divinycell cored, resin infused fiberglass with extensive use of bi-axial and multi axial E-glass reinforcement.
- Integral fiberglass fuel, fresh water and both gray and black water holding tanks
- Fiberglass rub rail with stainless steel capping
- Tinted tempered glass windows (except pilothouse forward windows) utilizing high strength, adhesion style window system
- Awlgrip 2000 exterior finish with black trim
- Awlgrip non-skid exterior foredeck
- Natural teak overlay on upper cockpit area, side decks, exterior stair steps, covered aft entry area, and swim deck.
- All exterior hardware chrome on brass, 316 stainless steel, or anodized painted aluminum
- Polished stainless deck bollards (8) with stainless steel fairleads and chocks. Cockpit bollards reinforced for towing
- All bulwarks capped with 1 ¼” stainless steel with mid rail forward
- Boarding gates port & starboard with step plates located at deck entrances
- Vinylester laminate and epoxy barrier on hull bottom
Tankage and Plumbing
All tankage is internal and incorporated into the resin infused hull construction throughout the hull expanding the usable volume significantly and creating the strongest possible hull configuration. This also essentially creates a double hull construction as a significant portion of the hull below the water line is utilized for fuel, water, gray and black water tankage. This also significantly lowers the center of gravity and enhances performance. The boat was ordered specifically with maximum fuel capacity with approximately 200 gallons more than most sister ships.
- Fuel capacity on board 2900 gallons.
- Water capacity on board 650 gallons.
- Gray water capacity on board 250 gallons.
- Black water capacity on board 250 gallons.
- Clean Oil reservoir in engine room 55 gallons.
- All toilets except for the crew head are Headhunter toilets. The crew head is a Sea Land.
- Fiberglass pantograph hinged door giving access to crew cabin and engine room. Second door gives access to a large bosuns locker storage area with hand held hot & cold fresh water shower
- Fresh & saltwater wash down bibs
- Stainless steel U-shaped rails
- Stainless steel swim ladder with wide teak treads
- Glendinning reel for the single 100 amp shore power cord
- Locker for shore power, shore TV/telephone connection
- Maxwell VWC 4000 hydraulic vertical anchor windlass with 3/8" chain cathead and rope capstan
- Bruce 80 kg anchor on roller assembly on bow
- 200’ 3/8" ACCO High Tensile galvanized chain
- Fresh water anchor washdown spigot