CJ LEGEND has been measured according to several rules as SRS, IMS, ORC and latest IRC; actual ORC certificate (2017).
GL – Certificate for strength of hull.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Rebuilt in 1995, 2005 and 2011; the yacht grew a couple of extra feet in length.
- Both aft and bow were replaced to establish a longer waterline.
- In 2005 internal reinforcements were completed to keep the yacht stiff; everything was replaced with carbon fibre.
- The deck layout is one of the few things that remains original; robust and easy to maintain.
- New antifouling in black (by Seajet Shogun) (2016).
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel and rudder were updated in 2005 and are carbon fiber; rudder repaired 2016.
- 300kg of lead was added to the bulb, making it stiffer.
- Bolts were replaced and everything was checked in 2011, then checked again in 2016.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta 75hp (2011).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 1,300.
- Serviced by Volvo Penta every year, and making approx 7-9knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Aluminium steering quadrant, with vectran cables (2016).
- 2 x Steering pedestals with compasses, aluminium wheels and painted 2017.
- Folding Propeller.
- Easily accessible on deck.
- Converter for 220v in front of navigation station. 2000 W.
- 3 x 24v Batteries for sailing (2011).
- 1 x 24v Starter batteries (2011).
- Yes – 115A producing 35-100A.
Note: All electrical system works fine and was upgraded 2011.
- Total capacity of 100 litres.
- Fresh water system, plus tank, fitted in 2017.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 300 litre tank fited in 2015.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Repainted inside of 2011/2017 and with some new storage for food, safety and general equipment.
- In the main cabin you’ll find 10 x crew bunks, aluminium tube frame constructed with nylon, breathable cover underneath the bunks with storage areas. + 2 fore cabin.
- 2 x Wardrobes for storage of weather and thermal gear.
- 1 x Separate compartment for heads (2010).
- New WC (2016).
- As original, for racing. Easy to use and simple
- Original aluminium mast was replaced after dismantling in Australia – 32m.
- Mast track was replaced (2009) and all internal equipment such as casters etc. were replaced (2010, checked 2016/17).
- Aluminium rig was x-rayed in 2011; no cracks were found.
- All jammers are replaced and maintained whenever needed; cockpit equipment repaired and all jammers replaced (2011, checked 2016/17).
- New boom was built when the rig was replaced, it has been repainted and reinforced for the vang (2005).
- Spinnaker pole and jockey pole were polished (2010).
- All rod standing rigging was x-rayed in 2007 and 2011; no cracks were found.
- Verticals, Rod, 2006.
- Diagonals, Rod, 1998.
- Headstay, Rod, 1998.
- Backstay, Vectran Cable, 2007.
- Inner Forestay, Wire 10mm, 1998.
- Runners, Vectran, 2007/2017.
- Main/jib (2017).
- Lazy jacks for the mainsail (2017).
Note: Complete rig check in 2016. Replaced some rods/bolts etc.
- Liros ropes are almost everywhere onboard; all Halyards were replaced in 2011.
- Vang checked and repaired 2016/2018.
- All blocks in the boom were maintained or replaced 2009/2017.
- Running Rigging:
- Main Halyard, 1 x 116m, 16mm, Dyneema.
- Fractional Halyard, 2 x 78m, 14mm, Dyneema.
- Top Halyard, Dyneema.
- Spinnaker Pole Lift, Dyneema.
- Mainsheet, Dyneema (2017).
- Jib Sheet, Dyneema.
- Spin Sheet, Dyneema.
- Guy, Dyneema.
- Jib Lead, Dyneema.
- Traveller, Dyneema.
- Downhaul, Dyneema.
- Cunningham, Dyneema.
- Reef 1, Dyneema.
- Reef 2, Dyneema.
- Jackline Deck, Dyneema.
- Runner Tail, Dyneema.
- Barberhaul, Dyneema.
- Reaching Sheet, Dyneema.
- Code 0 Line, 1 x 35m, 10mm, Dyneema.
- Pedestals and all winches refurbished in 2017.
- Winches are Harken Barberossa; there are 3 x pedestals to trim and hoist sails.
- Primary Winches: One on each side, getting support from 2 x pedestals.
- Pit Winches: Two on each side.
- Traveler Winches: Two, one on each side. Sitting strategically behind the helmsman and can be monitored by the persons as runners (replaced to Harken, 2011).
- Main Winches: In the middle, in front of helmsman with support from one pedestal.
- Main, Racing, 2011, Hamel Sails, Epex Carbon.
- Jib #1, Delivery, 2005, Hamel Sails, Panel Carbon.
- Jib #2, 2006, Hamel Sails, Panel Carbon.
- Jib #3, 2010, Hamel Sails, D4 Kevlar.
- Gennaker A2, 2009, Hamel Sails.
- Gennaker A3, 2010, Hamel Sails.
- Staysail Running, 1997, Doyle, Carbon Panel.
- Code Zero Reaching, 2005, Hamel Sails, Carbon Panel.
- Code Zero Upwind, 2010, Hamel Sails, D4 Kevlar.
- Try Sail, 2017.
- Storm Jib, 1997.
- Jib #4.
Note: More sails available; this is a list of most common onboard.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 x Anchors with chain and anchor line.
- 8 x Fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- For personal use there are:
- 16 x Life jackets (2009/11; checked 2017).
- Strobe lights.
- Henry Lloyd weather gear (2011).
- 2 x Man-overboard modules.
- 1 x VHF emergency antenna.
- 1 x Emergency tiller.
- 1 x First aid kit (2017).
- 2 x X12 liferafts (checked 2017).
- McMurdo Smartfind EPIRB.
- Hammer lifesaver.
Note: Spare fittings, deck hardware, tools and repair & maintenance parts onboard.