his 68 Cheoy Lee is the perfect Motor Yacht for an Owner/Operator, a live-aboard (extended cruising) couple or a Captained vessel. The semi-displacement Tom Fexus hull design is sea-worthy and handles ideally at fuel-saving "hull speed", yet provides the get-up-and-go capability to cut through rough seas safely and quickly when needed. Powered with reliable CAT C18s, at 1000 horsepower each, a cruising speed of 10 knots burns only 6.5 gallons per hour/ per side (wind and sea conditions dependent).
Resin infusion technology is used to mold all major components of this yacht. Designed to DNV High Speed Craft classification standards, the result is a lightweight but exceptionally strong vessel.
Cheoy Lee’s level of commitment to excellence does not stop at performance. Safety, space utilization, minimized noise and vibration, reliability, comfort, maintainability and overall quality aspects have all been addressed with an equal obsession. The gourmet galley features a pantry and full-size appliances. Sleeping accommodations include full-beam Master, VIP and twin staterooms – each with individual full heads. Additionally, the aft crew quarter provides comfort for two and includes a full head as well. Crew is accessed from the swim platform. All overhead lighting in the interior, exterior and deck lights have been upgraded to cost-saving, efficient and low-temperature LED’s. There is a convenient salon powder room (day head), upper- and lower-helms with complete electronics suites, flybridge hardtop, teak adjustable flybridge sun pad, three locations to enjoy meals (aft deck, flybridge and inside near the lower helm station) and an aft deck that can be enclosed with Eisenglass (panels currently stored in water room below twin stateroom).
This motor yacht has been upgraded and improved recently and includes an impressive listing of complimentary equipment and spare parts that are listed in detail below. Key features include:
- On-deck Day Head so guests did not have to enter a stateroom to find a bathroom facility
- Light and open interior with Nautical design features
- Remote engine control stations (aft deck and starboard side plug-in controls) that include bow and stern thruster controls
- Water maker to ensure ample fresh water when at anchor for extended periods (800 gpd)
- Upper and lower helm stations + remotes aft deck
- Refrigerator, sink and grill on flybridge to accommodate entertaining
- Stable Hard top on open flybridge to eliminate noise associated with Bimini-style tops
- Safe gunwales on side decks with solid walls (at least 12” tall) below a full-length railing for safety
- Rubrail overhangs to reduce bad weather effects during docking when throwing lines
- Inside access to the flybridge for easy access from salon to flybridge (plus aft deck ladder)
- CAT power for both the mains and the generators ensuring service capability in far-away ports
- Galley up for ease of serving and to enhance the open design of the interior
- Full view of aft deck from inside helm for safety & decking purposes
- Starboard side deck watertight door
- Full headroom in engine room for ease of maintenance, most all machinery easily accessed
This yacht includes the quality and features that are normally found in larger yachts. The Cheoy Lee 68’ M/Y is the smallest of the Bravo Series ever produced, but includes and incorporates many of the features found in much larger vessels, i.e. railing construction and diameter, cleat sizes, hawse hole sizes and many other areas of the design and construction.