- TRICIANA lifted for full antifouling and checking of zincs and seacock servicing.
- Re-varnishing of exterior.
- Structural survey carried out to the yacht which is available on request.
- All systems serviced in readiness for the new season.
This work has been actioned over 2013/14:
- Raise the Mizzen boom to the original designed height to facilitate easier passageway beneath.It will now be possible to properly use an aft deck table.
- Sails are in storage at the sailmakers after laundering.
- Main engine gearbox has been removed from the yacht.The decision was taken to do this as it has never been out.Apart from requiring new bearings, no wear is reported. It has been reconditioned by GB Gearboxes. It will be refitted.
- The bilge beneath the gearbox stripped to bear metal and repainted.
- All ancillary parts of the Gardner main engine have been removed for checking, polishing and/or enameling.
- Various parts on the Gardner main engine have been replaced – starter motor, heat exchangers have been stripped, cleaned and serviced, water pump serviced, sump pump serviced, and inlet manifold.
- Any interior varnish work not refinished in 2008 is being brought up to standard.
- All heads compartment worktops have been removed and replaced.
- Heads fittings are being replaced/rechromed.
- Bow Thruster pump overhaul.
- Main engine bilge & midships builge thoroughly cleaned and repainted.
- All house batteries replaced. Generator batteries also replaced.
- A number of external fittings have been modified to maintenance free material – vents, breathers, forward deck plates etc.
- Aft deck summer/winter cover tailor made with handrail covers. Outside cockpit position has a sun/winter cover.
- Aft deck fully recaulked.
- Maintenance to steel plating in wheelhouse area.
- Aft lazarette totally refurbished, including new hatch and hatch surround with self-draining mechanism.
- Aft platform refurbished with stainless steel stanchions fitted.
- External varnishing redone.
- Superstructure awlgripped white.
- All fuel tanks emptied and cleaned.
- Teak decks replaced.
- Hull repainted.
- Main engine overhauled.
- New bowthruster and watermaker.
- 2 x New Kohler generators (including new exhausts and fuel systems).
- Both masts completely overhauled, new booms, new running rigging, and approximately 50% of standing rigging replaced, mainsail and mizzen replaced, new sail boom covers.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- 10mm steel, round bilge welded hull construction.
- Canoe stern.
- Engine room and all other bilges repainted 2013.
- Steel deck; teak laid, replaced 2001, forward deck section recaulked 2005, aft deck recaulked 2013.
- Steel superstructure; awlgripped 2013.
- Teak and stainless steel external trim; teak revarnished 2018
- Yacht lifted and the underwater re-antifouled, propeller polished and anodes renewed.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead encapsulated keel.
- Large steel rudder hung on heavy duty bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Gardner 8LXB 8-cylinder, 170hp diesel engine (1983).
- Gardner reduction gearbox.
- Engine fitted on solid mounts.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 8.6 knots at 1,250rpm.
- Maximum Speed: 9 knots.
- Engine rebuilt by Gardner engineers (1998) and properly serviced since; full overhaul 2005, 2008; re-aligned 2010, overhauled 2013 and serviced annually since
- Fuel Consumption: 17 litres per hour at 1,250rpm.
- Cruising Range: 2,300nm at 8.6 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Promac variable3-blade pitch propeller.
- Van Voorden hydraulic bowthruster, with PTO on main engine (2008).
- ‘Oil-bath’ shaft.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Electrical water pressure system.
- Water heated via calorifier with immersion run from ship’s supply, generator or shore power.
- All seacocks replaced 2005.
- 3.2 x Automatic in forward bilge spaces, discharging to main bilge with mechanical main engine bilge pumps.
- Fuel tanks opened, cleaned and tops replaced where necessary in 2013.
- Total capacity of 880 gallons (4000 litres) in 2 x steel tanks.
- Total capacity of 659 gallons (3000 litres) in 2 x steel tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Combined black and grey water tank (2004) with a capacity of 300 litres.
Summary of Accommodation:
- For 6/7 guests in 3 cabins with 2 crew and 3 additional berths and with 3 heads compartments
- Solid teak interior, re-varnished throughout 2013.
Description of layout from the aft deck:
TRICIANA’s interior has been thoughtfully updated in a refit completed in September 2005. Work carried out includes new carpeting throughout in attractive beige, new upholstery in the main saloon, new mattresses and bedding, new taps and shower attachments throughout. In 2013 further work was completed, including new heads compartment fittings and surfaces and improvements in the galley. The interior has a wealth of character and is executed in solid paneled teak. The silverware, china and glassware was replaced in 1997.
The saloon’s upholstery was replaced in 2008.
Large aft deck with access to the aft boarding platform with stainless steel stanchions and with gin and tonic seats port and starboard. There are steps down to the cockpit with u-shaped seating and a large dining table. This area was remade with a new table in 20005. There is engine access from the cockpit.
A fixed deckhead shades the area and there is access to:-
Wheelhouse, with great visibility and helm station. Control panel replaced 2004/05. Full sized chart table and nav. area. Leather seating to starboard.
Steps down to:-
Lower saloon. All re-varnished and with smart upholstery. There is an L-shaped seating area to port with a large dining room table seating 6 to 8 and a sofa to starboard which can pull out to make a double berth. There is also a small bench seat which can be deployed as needed. On the aft bulkhead is a flat screen TV and entertainment centre with drinks stowage to port.
Galley port aft of saloon, this was replaced in 2001. There is a ceramic hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, ample stowage and work surfaces for food preparation. Engine room access is through a full height watertight door and it has full headroom and natural light.
The aft stateroom has a double to port and a large single berth to starboard, with a dressing table between. There is ample storage, natural light and a charming heads and shower.
Forward port stateroom with large double berth, stowage below, basin and big hanging locker. There is a separate day heads and a separate shower serving both this and the forward cabin.
Forward is a lovely twin cabin with an infill to make it a double. There is lots of storage and it makes a comfortable guest cabin.
- Cutter headed ketch rig.
- Aluminium, deck stepped spars.
- Sparmaker: Van e Went.
- Wire standing rigging.
- Hood seafurl stay furling, foil on cutter stay
- Profurl genoa furling
- Solid boom bang on main.
- Manual furlers on both headsails, lazy jacks on main and mizzen.
- Both masts were completely overhauled in 2008 by Formula Spars in Lymington.
- The mizzen boom was raised for better aft deck access (2013).
- 2 x Lewmar, 48 S/T, Secondary, Manual
- 2 x Barbarossa, 7413 S/T, Primary, Manual.
- 1 x Lewmar, Captive, Mizzen halyard, Manual.
- 1 x Lewmar, Mizzen halyard, Manual.
- 3 x Lewmar, Captive, Main halyard, Manual.
- Doyle, Mainsail, Dacron (1998).
- Doyle, Furling staysail, Dacron (1998).
- Hood, Furling yankee, Dacron (1998).
- Doyle, Mizzen sail, Dacron (1998).
- Hood, Mizzen staysail, Nylon (1998).
- Sanders Sails, Fully battened mainsail with cars(60sq metres) (2008)
- Mizzen (19sq metres) (2008).
Note: All sails have been valeted and repaired at the sail maker.
- Pulpit, pushpit, guardrails, custom aft platform (1998, recaulked 2013), boarding gates, teak rails around aft deck, capstan on aft deck, teak ensign staff.
- Cockpit table (2005) and seating.
- Boarding/bathing ladder on teak bathing platform.
- Portholes removed, zinc guarded, re-chromed and refitted 2005.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x Anchor in custom stowage on bow (2013).
- 100m of 14mm chain (2013).
- Lofrans electric windlass.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit cushions
- Sun awnings
- Sail boom covers.
- Avon 8-main liferaft
- 2 x Lifebuoys with lights.
- Life jackets.
- Fire extinguishers throughout.
- Firefighting system in engine room.