This listing is for new build Hull #2, a custom built yacht similar to the historic American-built S/Y COLUMBIA, a replica of the Gloucester, MA racing/fishing Schooner from 1923. The state-of-the-art COLUMBIA has been meticulously handcrafted by Eastern Shipbuilding Group based in Panama City, Florida. This an opportunity to own a piece of history rebuilt for the modern age with every comfort imaginable.
*The interior arrangement and other modifications can be made for COLUMBIA II to meet the buyer's preferences which may increase or decrease the price.
THE HISTORY of S/Y COLUMBIA
The original COLUMBIA was a 141’ classic Gloucester Fishing Schooner built at the historic A.D. Story shipyard of Essex, Massachusetts. Essex was the center for North American Fishing Schooner construction. Designed by the innovative William Starling Burgess, the COLUMBIA was bred for speed. In the fall of 1923, the COLUMBIA challenged the Bluenose, Canada’s legendary schooner, in the International Fishermen's Cup Races in Halifax. Nearly winning the title, the COLUMBIA was narrowly defeated by the Bluenose and was one of the few American schooners to provide a challenge to Bluenose.
The following description is for COLUMBIA (As Built) and customizable for COLUMBIA II
Layout may be modified to meet buyer's preferences
- (4) Guest Staterooms with ensuite bathrooms that can accommodate up to (12) guests
- (7) Full heads
- (1) Captain's cabin with ensuite facilities accommodating (3) people
- (12) Crew single berths in one cabin with one head and shower
- (1) Navigational/Communications Room
- (1) Lounge and Dining
- Laundry space
- Engine Room and Auxiliary Control room
- Steering Compartment
Electronics may be modified to meet buyer's preferences
- Radar #1: B&G Broadband 36 nm, 4G Radar, 24” Radome
- Radar #2: B&G Broadband 36 nm, 4G Radar, 24” Radome
- AIS System: Simrad NAIS400, ClassB AIS w/GPS Antenna
- Chart Plotter: Four (4) B&G ZEUS 12” Color Displays w/Sail Software
- GPS Antennas: Three (3) B&G ZG50
- Navigation Displays: Three (3) B&G 20/20HV Displays
- Graphical Function Display: B&G Hercules Base Back GFD H3000/CPU HYDRA
- Echo Sounder: Simrad GFD H3000Interface, Flanged Transducer
- Speed Log: Simrad, GFD H3000 Interface, Flanged Speed Sensor
- Speed Display: Wind Speed Display B&G H3000 and AWA 360 is apparent wind display w/SimNet Interface
- Autopilot: Simrad AP20, w/WR20 Simnet Wireless Remote
- GPS Compass: Simrad HS70 w/SimNet Wireless Interface
- Course Computer: Simrad AC12, w/SimNet Wireless Interface
- Rudder Feedback: Simrad RF300
- Wind Sensor: B&G Vertical Masthead Pack1050mm
- VHF Radios: Two (2) ICOM IC M604 Radio/Hailer, 25W 12VDC with Command Mic at Helm and NEWMAR Hailer horn aloft.
- VHF Handheld: Two (2) ICOM ICM36 Floating
- Security Camera System: Two (2) Orlaco Compact Color HR Cameras with LED Lights
- Underwater Lighting: LUMISHORE Color Change Lighting
- Navigation Lights: COLREGS/USCG Approved LOPO 3nm LED
- Ships Bell: One (1)
- Ships Clock: One (1)
- Ships Barometer: One (1)
Galley equipment may be modified to meet buyer's preferences
- Joiner Fabrication: Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc.
- Overhead Sheathing: Traditional V-Bead Wood - Painted
- Bulkhead Sheathing: Traditional V-Bead Wood - Painted
- Exterior Deck Covering: Teak Deck Systems – Teak Wood – 4” wide planking w/TDS black caulking.
- Interior Deck Covering: Teak Deck Systems - Teak Wood w/Holly Strips
- Furnishings: Custom Cabinetry. Hand Crafted Woodwork including Cedar Lined Wardrobes, Tiger Maple Inlays on tables, counters and desktops. Leather Settee and Marble flooring in all heads.
- Thermal Insulation: 4” Rock Wool
- Noise/Sound Insulation: Soundown
- Exhaust Insulation: 2” Insulated Blankets
- Refrigerator: Kitchen Aid, 28 Cubic Foot – Stainless Steel #KSC24C8EYP02
- Freezer: Cospolich Refrigerator, Co. Built-in Unit
- Range: Meile, Electric Four Burner
- Range Microwave Hood: Meile
- Ice Maker: Meile
- Trash Compactor: Eletrolux
- Dishwasher: Meile
- Washer/Dryer: Two (2) Meile, 24” All-in-one, Combo-units
- Galley/Mess Countertops: Stainless Steel
- Mess Area Tabletop: Tiger Maple & Mahogany Wood
- Main Saloon Tabletop: Tiger Maple & Mahogany Wood – Retractable
- Wet Bar: Tiger Maple & Mahogany Wood w/Sink One (1) Refrigerator One (1) Icemaker One (1) Wine Cooler
- Main Saloon Fire Place: One (1) Electric Dimplex #DWF36PG
- Galley Sink: Single, Stainless Steel Sink
IT & Entertainment equipment may be modified to meet buyer's preferences
- VSAT and Internet Connectivity: KVH V3 w/M5 Dome, MiniVSAT Phone/HDTV/Internet System and Internet.
- 1x PEPLINK Balance 30 integrated fire wall/router. Wave WIFI amplified WIFI antennae.
- 1x PEPWAVE Cellular modem with 4g connectivity and dual card slot.
- 1x UBIQUT UNIFI PRO access points throughout the vessel for onboard WIFI
- Marine TV Antenna: Shakespeare SeaWatch Marine Antenna, 14” Diameter
- Television: One (1) Samsung 46” Smart HD TV
- Television/DVD Players: Six (6) RCA 22” HDTV/DVD Combo-units
- Entertainment System
- Salon: Direct TV, Blue Ray Disc Player, RTI panel iPad Controller for APPLE TV and PLEX application controlled onboard movie/TV library of over 500 movies and TV shows on a 24TB Synology hard drive.
- Guest Cabins: Direct TV and integral DVD player on Television. Touch Panel Controlled “Party Mode” to listen to any source from salon in cabins.
- On Deck: RTI panel iPad controlled system with access to Direct TV Music, Tuner, and Apple Air Play from any Apple Device w/ Bose Speakers Fore and Aft.