This 85’ Horizon Sky Lounge Motor Yacht represents one of the most extensively customized Horizons built. She features a custom enclosed (larger) sky lounge that accommodates a day head. She has a true four stateroom layout, plus two crew cabins and has a fully customized interior.
You will not find a more customized 85 Horizon than "Helms Away"
. She features his and hers baths in the master stateroom. A very large comfortable main salon with a formal dining area and a gourmet country kitchen style galley. She has significant upgrades to the interior and exterior such as ABT zero speed stabilizers, day head in sky lounge and on main deck, upgraded 3000 PDS crane, Algae X fuel treatment center, Headhunter sewage treatment center, and an upgraded commercial navigation system. She is powered by the upgraded larger Caterpillar C32A engines.
” has been highly maintained regardless of cost by her knowledgeable owner and full-time experienced captain. She completed a full interior refit in 2014 using the finest interior designs, wood, fabrics and stones.
features four well-appointed staterooms each with ensuite baths, including his and hers bath in the master, spacious separate dining area and enclosed bridge/sky lounge area.
Entering the main salon from the aft deck to starboard is a custom-built upholstered L-shaped white sofa with matching ottoman-style coffee table and matching occasional chair. To port are storage cabinets with granite tops on an entertainment center that is equipped with a hi-lo TV lift including a 50” flatscreen television and an upgraded Bose LS48 audio system. The salon is accentuated by a custom tray ceiling with soffit, upgraded LED lighting, fine art sconces and wood trim. Moving forward is a separate dining area and to port are the stairs leading up to the sky lounge.
As you step up to teak and holly floors, to starboard is the large wrap-around galley with granite counter tops. Forward is the large country kitchen-style leather dinette with granite table that look out through the large forward viewing windows.
To port, stairs leading down to the staterooms forward is the VIP stateroom with centerline island queen berth, built in nightstand with granite top, dresser, hanging lockers, both port and starboard side. To port is ensuite head with shower, head and vanity. Moving aft and to starboard is the guest stateroom with Queen berth, nightstand with granite top, dresser, hanging locker and ensuite head. Located in the companionway to starboard is the enclosed GE stackable washer and dryer, then a port guest stateroom with upper and lower berths and full ensuite head.
Further aft is the master stateroom with centerline king bed, mirrored bulkhead, custom drawers with port and starboard storage, port and starboard, along with walk-in cedar closet. The ensuite his and hers heads include sinks with custom counter tops and flooring, as well as many recent décor upgrades.
The Pilothouse and Sky Lounge is entered via the curved steps from the country kitchen area or via the electric sliding stainless steel entry door from the boat deck. Starting forward is the centerline helm with electronics. Three large windshields with only two mullions offer excellent forward visibility. The flooring in the Helm area is teak and holly. To starboard are two storage cabinets, one to port. Behind dark glass panels are the yacht’s DC 24-volt navigation system panel with 30 breaker protected circuits and a digital volt and amp meter. Next forward is a DC 24 ship’s panel.
Aft is the carpeted sky lounge portion of this area. A raised settee with storage below to seat six to eight people is port aft. An adjustable height burl wood cocktail table in front of the settee converts to berth.
Center-line is the sliding stainless entry door. Aft is an entertainment center with a pop-up Pioneer Elite 50” TV and pop-up library shelves, Bose multimedia AM/FM/CD/DVD player and a Direct TV receiver behind a Makore door.
- Rope lights behind the valances
- Toe kick for sofa
- Bose LSX
- HP all in one printer
- Ventilation hatch for ventilation
- Kidde smoke/CO detector
- Central vacuum outlet (Nutone)
From the aft port corner of the salon, curved steps with rope lighting lead down to the crew quarters and engine room access. Crew accommodations for up to three in two cabins and shared crew head.
- Captain’s cabin aft w/double berth, upholstered headboard, reading lights & 3 drawer nightstand
- (4) Storage lockers & drawers, full size hanging locker
- (2) Portholes w/SS covers
- Sharp 20” TV, Direct TV, DVD/CD player, stereo & (2) speakers
- (2) digital A/C controls
- Crew head w/stall shower, vanity, sink, porthole w/cover & LED lighting
- Crew cabin to stbd w/upper & lower berths, (upper berth folds up) & reading lights
- Cedar lined hanging locker, storage drawers
- Sharp 15” TV & stereo speakers
- Headroom 6'8"
- Caterpillar C32 Accerts 1825 HP w/block heaters, 2910 hours
- Gears ZF/Model 2070 A/Ratio 2.467:1
- Full beam
- Access door with viewing port table
- Overhead lights 24v & 110v flourescent
- Intake fans 220v Delta "T" (2) & exhaust
- Intake/exhaust fans, auto/manual speed
- Fuel tanks w/sight gauges/tank tender/tank sentry
- Fresh water outlet with hose
- Paper towel holder with paper towels
- (2) plastic garbage cans
- Custom tool box bins
- Overhead stainless grab rails
- Flashlight w/holder/mag light 10"
- Fuel transfer pump 24v
Main engine manual gauge panel:
°Engine oil temperature
°Transmission oil pressure
°Transmission oil temperature
°Jacket water temperature
- Secondary fuel filter manual primer
- Main engine block heaters
- (2) C.C.T.V. cameras forward engine room
- (2) 110v outlets with ground
- Main Engine exhaust risers/DeAngelo/new 7/2017
- (2) Additional hand held fire extinquisher
- Triple Racor 1000 fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- Overhead engine removal soft pad
- Main engine sea cocks serviced 12/2016
is without a doubt an excellent example of this ever popular Horizon Sky Lounge M/Y.
Having been custom built originally is reflected throughout the execution of the thought and detail put forth in all systems, choice of materials, utilization of her layout for ease of maintenance and comfort for extended cruising by her owners, guest and privacy from crew. Safety and comfort from her Zero Speed stabilizers, state-of-the-art commercial grade navigation system to secondary emergency exits in several staterooms.
features all the amenities of a 100' yacht in a manageable 85' and will appeal to a knowledgeable buyer appreciative of a truly well maintained highly option pedigree yacht.