RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Maintained to category 2 standards, but not currently in class.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull: GRP, solid laminate.
- Painted Awlgrip Flag Blue in 2006.
- Deck: GRP balsa sandwich, with full teak decks, replaced 2004.
- Superstructure: GRP, with Lewmar hatches and portlights and flush mounted hatches for Owner’s cabin aft.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel: lead ballast, bolted. Fully serviced and inspected in 2010.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins 6354T turbo-charged, 165hp, six cylinder diesel (Fully overhauled 2009 by Berthon. Rebuilt 2016).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Speed: max 10 kts; cruising 8.5/9 kts.
- Wiring, cables and pipework rationalised by Berthon in 2009.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Propeller: 3 blade Brunton propeller overhauled 2010 and stainless steel shaft.
- Richfield 16hp retractable hydraulic bowthruster, hydraulic system rebuilt by Berthon in 2009.
- Hydraulics overhauled 2017.
- Edson steering system with emergency steering system and leather covered wheel.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Water heating system: 240v; 125 litres.
- Calorifier 125 litres (27 gallons) also has immersion 220v.
- Watermaker: Aqua Systems AC driven, currently pickled.
- Jabsco electro-magnetic clutch bilge pump.
- Fuel capacity: 2,000 litres (454 gallons).
- Freshwater capacity: 2,000 litres (454 gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Holding tanks both forward and aft. Forward holding tank new 2010, and aft tank refurbished. All plumbing overhauled.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 en-suite cabins; 1 2-berth crew cabin.
- Attractive cherry interior woodwork with high gloss finish, and teak and holly soleboards.
- Cream vinyl headlinings.
- The interior has been refreshed 2010 including refinishing of the varnish work in many areas.
- Duvets, pillows, linen and matching covers for all cabins 2010.
- Oceanair blinds in main saloon. All hatches have screens and mosquito screens.
Description of layout:
LE QUATRE JUILLET II has a large owner’s cabin, 2 further double cabins each with their own head compartments, an upper and lower berth cabin and separate crew accommodation forward.
The main salon is spacious and light with seating to port with a coffee table and aft of this is a dining table with seating for 10 people with flat screen TV and alcantara upholstery.
The 2 double cabins are forward with crew beyond this.
Aft of the main salon behind the large chart table is a day head and access to a useful upper and lower berth cabin. A door gives access to the crew’s shower which is perfect when cruising with children.
Port aft of the main salon is the large galley with good engine access. Behind the galley is access to the owner’s stateroom with a large double berth to port and seating to starboard. As with the other cabins there is a lot of storage.
- The rig and winches are by Lewmar Commander hydraulic. This was completely rebuilt by Berthon in 2009, including replacement of the pipe work.
- Rig: cutter headed sloop, double spreader rig with in-mast furling.
- Spars: aluminium, keel stepped mast, white painted, fully repainted in 2006.
- Hood stoway in-mast furling system with hydraulic drive. Rod rigging.
- Sparmaker: Hood.
- Stainless steel standing rigging (2006).
- Rigging: Rondal hydraulic genoa and staysail furling systems (rebuilt 2016). Hydraulic boom vang and backstay adjuster. Spinnaker gear and 2 x poles stowed on the mast.
- The rig was fully surveyed in 2009 and the report is available to prospective purchasers.
- 2 x Lewmar 700ST, 2 speed, primaries, electric hydraulic.
- 4 x Lewmar 56ST, manual.
- 1 x Lewmar 550ST, halyard winch, electric. hydraulic.
- 4 x 52ST, manual.
- 2 x 30ST, manual.
- Hydraulic winches rebuilt by Berthon 2009.
- Stoway mainsail.
- Furling yankee.
- Furling staysail.
- Assymetric spinnaker with squeezer.
- Deck wash: 2 x salt water Jabsco with outlets.
- 1 x fresh water from ships supplies.
- Pulpit, pushpit, guardrails, bathing ladder, boarding gates, gin and tonic seats aft.
- Bathing platform unit and boarding ladder.
- Double folding teak cockpit table with extension arrangement stowed below when not in use and grey canvas cover.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- CQR 105lb anchor with chain and line
- Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood and cockpit cover, sun awning and bimini in grey.
- Cockpit cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- Simpson davits 24 volt overhanging transom.
- 4.1m Zodiac VL340R RIB refurbished 2010.
- 20hp 4-stroke Honda outboard with electric start, 2010.
- All safety gear in date to 2017.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Jon Buoy.
- 406Hz EPIRB
- Dan Buoy.
- Lifebuoys with lights.
- 2 x 8 man canister Lifeguard liferafts in date.
- Fire extinguishing system: automatic in engine room, fire extinguishers throughout.