RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP solid laminate hull; painted Awlgrip white (1998) with gold cavetta line.
- GRP, teak laid deck 1998; refurbished 2006/7.
- Teak and stainless steel external trim.
- Full osmosis treatment, including re-lamination, epoxying and fairing (2015).
Keel & Rudder:
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-THE 140hp diesel (2000).
- Velvet Drive gearbox - model 10-18-010 with a ratio of 2.57:1.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Serviced in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
- Cruising Speed: 6.5 knots.
- Cruising Range: 1,000 nautical miles.
- Maximum Speed: 8.5 knots.
- Engine Hours: c. 4,800.
Propulsion & Steering:
- MaxProp 3-bladed propeller.
- Refurbished hydraulics: Navtec System 5 panel and Holmatro drives.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Xcaliber XR124, 24v water pressure system, 9/12.
- Sigmar marine calorifier B040, 40 litre, 800W, 8/12.
- Spectra Newport 400 MPC-5000 Mk II watermaker, 8/12.
- 2 x Electric bilge pumps.
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Teak veneer and solids.
- Teak and holly soleboards.
- Varnish finish updated as needed and on-going.
Description of layout from forwards:
EVRIKA has a standard Swan 65 layout. Forward is the crew cabin which in this ownership is used as a storage area. It has 2 pipecots and a large forehatch with a ladder. This leads into a heads compartment with shower and then to an upper and lower berth guest cabin on the starboard side of the yacht. There is lots of storage, natural light and room in this area. There is a door to the main saloon. To port is a second upper and lower berth guest cabin. The upper berth extends to make a comfortable double. Forward to this is an en-suite heads compartment.
The main saloon has 2 pilot berths outboard port and starboard. To port is a u-shaped seating area and a twin leafed table that extends to seat 8 people comfortably. There is a sofa to starboard. The galley is aft of the dining area in a u-shape with lots of refrigeration, working space, storage and natural light. The nav station is to starboard and all the electronics have been replaced in this ownership. The engine space is beneath the main saloon floor. Aft of the nav station is the owners’ stateroom with a double to port and single/sofa to starboard, and lots of storage. There is a chest of drawers on the forward bulkhead that are original. There is also an ensuite heads compartment with shower.
- Rig: cutter headed ketch.
- Spars: Nautor, aluminium, keel stepped.
- Navtec rod (2007).
- Terylene running rigging (2007).
- Navtec hydraulics for vang, babystay, backstay. 2 x spinnaker poles in aluminium one on deck, one at the mast, lazy jacks on main and mizzen. Reckmann manual furling for genoa. Complete rig overhauled 2007.
- Demountable bowsprit with bobstay, for gennaker fitted 2017.
- 1 x Lewmar 48 S/T – Yankee furling - electric.
- 2 x Lewmar 65 S/T – Secondary’s - manual linked to grinder.
- 2 x Lewmar 80 – Primaries - manual linked to grinder.
- 1 x Lewmar 40 S/T – Mizzen sheet - manual.
- 1 x Lewmar 48 S/T – Mainsheet - manual.
- 2 x Lewmar 40 S/T Mizzen halyard - manual.
- 4 x Lewmar 48 S/T – Backstay/ staysail - manual.
- 1 x Lewmar 58 S/T – main halyard - electric.
- 3 x Lewmar 48 S/T – Deck - manual.
- 3 x Lewmar 65 S/T – Deck - manual.
- 1 x North: Fully battened mainsail, Dacron heavy duty cruising - 2007.
- 1 x North: Fully battened mizzen, Dacron heavy duty cruising - 2000.
- 1 x North: Yankee, Dacron heavy duty cruising - 2000.
- 1 x North: Genoa, Dacron heavy duty cruising - 1997.
- 1 x North: Staysail, Dacron heavy duty cruising - 2003.
- 1 x North: Mizzen staysail, Terylene - 2007.
- 1 x North: 1.5 oz asymmetrical spinnaker, Terylene – 2007.
- 1 x North: Storm jib.
- 1 x North: Trysail.
- 1 x North Sails Gennaker 2017.
- 1 x Elvstrom furling headsail 2015.
- Pulpit, pushpit, guardrails, bathing ladder, boarding gates.
- Cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 80lb Delta anchor (2007).
- 300’ x 10 mil chain + emergency Danforth kedge.
- Lofrans electric 2000W windlass.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood (2009).
- Sail covers with yacht’s name.
Tender & Outboard:
- New RibEye 2.4m RIB and Yamaha 9.9hp 4-stroke
- Outboard: 15hp Yamaha.
- Avon 8 man valise Solas B liferaft (2006).
- Full safety equipment.
- Fire extinguishers, electric gas shut-off.