103' Cheoy Lee Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht BLUE SKY
*Not for sale to US resident while in US waters.
Cheoy Lee started building boats in 1870 and now 147 years later, the yard is still owned by the same family. Yachts are only a small part of the Cheoy Lee business, as they build many commercial vessels and this commercial heritage is obvious in the engine rooms of all yachts built by them. This yacht was built in ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) class and has had required inspections and surveys and kept up to ABS Class. This raised pilothouse motor yacht is full fiberglass construction and is powered by twin 1800 HP MTU diesels. There are four staterooms plus two crew cabins, a country kitchen and a massive flybridge for entertaining.
Entrance to the boat is from sliding doors mid ship on both port and starboard sides and from a large door on the aft deck. When coming into the full beam main salon from the aft deck the space feels very open and airy with great headroom. To the port side is the main seating area with a custom semicircular couch, and two occasional chairs around an oval glass and zebra wood coffee table. The entertainment center, with flat screen television on a hi lo lift is built of high gloss zebra wood also. The carpeting is recent and all the headliners have been replaced. To starboard is the private staircase to the owner's stateroom, totally isolated from the rest of the guest staterooms that are forward. Window blinds are natural bamboo stained to match the interior wood.
Forward of the seating area, past a low room divider, is the dining area featuring a zebra wood table with seating for six. The divider is made up of storage cabinets and there are more storage cabinets to both sides of the yacht, plus along the forward bulkhead including glass racks in the cabinets. A wine cooler is conveniently located next to the table and the cabinets are deep enough to set up a buffet on the counter tops. The dining table is zebra wood with eight chairs and has matching zebra wood oval recessed lighting over the table.
Moving forward there is a day head to starboard and there are passageways on both sides of the boat leading to the country kitchen. The seating area is forward of the main kitchen counter with granite tops and back splash. The woods used in the galley are lighter than the main salon to brighten the area. There is an "L" shaped couch and an office area to the port side. The galley is equipped GE Monogram stainless appliances.
- Double stainless sink
- GE Monogram Microwave
- GE Monogram Oven
- GE Monogram Refrigerator
- GE Monogram trash compactor
- GE Monogram ceramic cooktop with five burners
- Kitchen Aid garbage disposal
- GE Monogram dishwasher
- Frigidaire freezer
Access to the master cabin is from a separate stairway from the aft end of the main salon, so that it is isolated from the guest staterooms. In the hall is a stacking GE washer dryer.
The stateroom is full beam midship with a centerline walk around king berth with end tables to each side. The wall behind the headboard is fully mirrored to increase the feeling of space. Storage is ample in this cabin with three drawers below the king bed, a triple dresser flanked by closets to port plus a walk-in closet off the forward head. There are two separate heads, totally apart from each other, one forward and one aft, both have stall showers and ample counter space. The forward head also has a full-size jet tub. Across from the king berth is an entertainment center with flat screen television. All of the headliners have been replaced along with the rest of the yacht.
Access to the guest areas is from a curving stairway forward of the dining area below the raised pilothouse. There are three staterooms forward. There is a second washer dryer in the companionway leading to the forward VIP stateroom. This VIP has an ensuite head with stall shower, cedar lined closet and walk around island queen berth. Exotic woods with alternating grain patterns highlight the rich look of the cabin with high end wall coverings on the upper portions of the walls.
The second VIP stateroom is located to port with another queen berth, ensuite head with stall shower and cedar closet. Designed with the same exotic woods with distinctive grains in a contrasting pattern.
Stateroom three has two single berths for more versatility with guests, ample storage areas and another ensuite head with stall shower.
The raised pilothouse has good visibility for operation in poor weather or to be in climate controlled comfort. Two Stidd helm seats allow the skipper and an observer to have a comfortable seating next to each other looking forward. An "L" shaped couch with table makes a good navigation table for the captain and a place for family and guests to observe.
- Two MTU/DDEC Electronic engine monitor displays
- Naiad Stabilizer controls
- Naiad hydraulic Bow thruster control
- Furuno X band black box 96-mile radar
- Furuno S band black box 96-mile radar
- Furuno GC- 8 Gyro interface
- Four Nauti comp display monitors (new 2016)
- Extron video switching system to monitors
- ISIS 1000C vessel information system updated 2014
- Northstar 6100 GPS plotter
- Anschutz Pilot Star D autopilot
- Datamarine Depth
- Icom VHF radio
- Anschutz standard 20 gyro compass display
- Delta magnetic compass
- Kahlenberg air horn control
- 12 volt DC circuit breaker panel
- 24 volt DC circuit breaker panel
Guests and family can access the flybridge from two stairways, one in the pilothouse and the other from a curved, molded fiberglass stairway from the back deck. There is plenty of space for entertaining with an "L" shaped couch with table to port, two chaise style sun loungers with reversible back rests and a hot tub with molded in steps to climb in. A refrigerator, ice maker, grill and sink add great convenience for guests.
The flybridge helm has two Stidd helm chairs on a raised platform for added visibility when underway. There are docking wing stations to both port and starboard and the starboard station also has a raised platform. Aft there is another docking station for backing into a slip.
Aft is the tender and davit and over size storage compartments. The davit is Marquipt hydraulic with telescoping crane, with 2,500 pound capacity and equipped with power rotation. The tender is a 2002 wide body 18' Nautica with 115 HP Yamaha two stroke outboard.
The teak covered back deck has a molded in aft bench seat with rectangular Corian top table with four wicker chairs. The "L" shaped wet bar with triple Jenn Aire grill, ice maker and refrigerator has a Corian counter top for ease of maintenance. There is a safety gate to the curving stairway leading to the swim platform and crew and engine room access. There are boarding gates to both port and starboard and a 15 foot hydraulic passerelle (boarding ramp) stored inside a compartment under the swim platform stairs.
The fore deck has access from both port and starboard sides of yacht. Big windows in the doors and to the sides of the doors let in lots of natural light. The foredeck has wide side decks to get to the bow bench seat and for crew to get to the windlass. All of the easy care nonskid paint on the bow and flybridge has recently been refinished, and the varnish cap rails forward have been redone as of June 2017.
- Maxwell 4500 anchor windlass
- Maxwell 2200 vertical capstans (warping winches) on back deck
- Two 210 pound Poole anchors
- Fresh water chain wash
- Marquipt Sea Stairs for boarding
- Three boarding gates on each side of the yacht
- Two 6 person Zodiac life rafts
Mechanical & Electrical
- MTU/DDEC 16V2000 engines 1,800 HP each with 2750 hours as of June 1, 2017
- Naiad Stabilizers
- Naiad hydraulic bow thruster with proportional thrust
- Two Marine Air chilled water systems for air conditioning
- Air conditioning in engine compartment
- Sanitron ultra violet water purifier
- Back up pump for air conditioning raw water
- Sea Recovery Water maker
- Reverso oil change system
- Triple Racor fuel gauges with vacuum monitors
- Hard plumbed bilge pump manifold to all bilge compartments
- Six Tank Sentry display units
- Fire suppression system with fixed and hand held units and fire hose.
- Fill Rite fuel transfer gauge
- Eight automatic Rule bilge pumps with monitors
- Tidal Wave waste treatment system
- MTU engine monitor display units in engine room
- ISIS Vessel Information System display monitor
- Digital depth gauge in engine room
- Capac monitor
- Delta T engine room ventilation system
- Gost remote text message and internet monitor for entry, bilge pumps, fire alarms
- Gray water tank 240 gallons
- Black water tank 240 gallons
- Engine lube oil fresh tank 125 gallons
- Engine lube oil used oil tank 125 gallons
- Two Northern Lights 55 kw 60 cycle with sound shields 6820 hours and 5788 on meters June 1, 2017
- Triple shore cord locations, 100 amp at both bow and stern with Glendenning Cable Masters
- Two 50 amp shore cords mid ship
- Atlas Shorepower conversion unit
- Two Charles 40 amp battery chargers
There are two crew cabins aft, one has three quarter berth and the other has a single berth. There is a single head with stall shower.