Accomodations and Layout
SUNPLACES IV is a must-see if you are in the market for a Hatteras. This yacht has been tastefully decorated and shows extremely well. Every area of this beautiful yacht has been given special attention making her turn-key ready for her next owner.
As you enter through the main deck at the pilothouse with port and starboard wing doors, the first thing that catches your eye is the beautiful white leather settee for the helm seat and the custom, stainless steel, spiral staircase, which leads up to the flying bridge.
Just aft of the pilothouse is the Galley Up, with stainless appliances including a stainless refrigerator, stove and microwave. A large granite topped dinette lies to starboard, an excellent place for morning breakfast or casual gatherings. The countertop is a soothing olive color, complimenting the stainless appliances and providing a warm European ambiance.
As you step aft, you enter the huge salon, decorated in exquisite detail. To starboard is the full bar with leather cushion bumper. Located behind the bar you will find a sink and wine cooler. This is a full size bar making it great for entertaining. Above the bar is an updated flat screen TV with surround sound, which can be viewed from anywhere in the salon. Speakers for the stereo system and TV are located throughout the boat.
Across from the bar is an elegant dining table that surrounds (and conceals) the private stairwell leading down to the master stateroom. This table seats six comfortably.
Behind the dinette is a full-length mirror on the forward wall, which adds to the feeling of spaciousness and reflects the beauty of this area.
The salon seating has neutral tones accompanied by two spacious yet comfortable built-in custom couches and two great chairs. Many yachts today, lack the seating and comfort of this yacht. The couches are separated by a Hi/Lo, Plexiglas coffee table in the middle, which raises and lowers according to your activity. There are side tables at the forward ends of these couches, each with a lamp.
Aft, in the center, is the access door to the spacious cockpit and swim platform. This allows for easy access for diving, fishing, swimming or just relaxing while enjoying the breeze and the serenity of the water.
The flybridge is spectacular with a full canvas cover from windshield to the rear seating. This is nice because it makes the fly bridge usable even on the hottest days because you are under cover at all times. If you prefer to allow sun exposure, the top is removable. She has a refrigerator with a wet bar and counter at the base of the signal mast with four mounted bar stools. A separate refrigerator and ice maker are on the bridge. There are two helm seats. There is seating aft for 10 to 12 people on fiberglass benches that wrap around in a U-shape. These all have storage space as well.
Galley (up, aft of pilot house)
- Galley with updated appliances,granite table and teak parquet floors.
- G.E. Stainless steel dishwasher
- Side by side stainless steel refrigerator / freezer
- Double stainless sink
- Five Burner Ceramic Cooktop
- Garbage disposal
- Panasonic Inverter Convection Oven
- Blender & Food Processor
- Coffee Maker
- Trash compactor
- Jenn Air Grill in Galley
- Washer & Dryer (2007)
- In-Line water filter
She has four staterooms and four heads, which are very attractively decorated in earth tones providing a pleasant relaxed ambiance. All of the staterooms have all new soft goods; all carpets, drapes, bedspreads, shams all of high-end quality materials. There are marble floors in the heads, a surround sound system, and new appliances.
Master Stateroom (Aft)
Entering through a private stairway hidden behind the dinette is a private master stateroom located all the way aft. This is a spacious, well-planned room with its own ensuite head with tub and marble floors. Storage is abundant with many drawers and an adjoining, large, cedar-lined closet, complete with safe and refrigerator (no need to go upstairs during the night for late night beverages or snacks). There is a well-positioned flat-screen, nightstands with lamps on either side of the berth. There is a large seating area to port tastefully decorated with a vanity. All the soft goods including shams, valences, drapes, pillows, and custom lighting are new. The Master Stateroom has complete privacy from the rest of the yacht.
VIP Guest Stateroom (Amidship)
The VIP stateroom is down three steps and set to port. This is a spacious room with queen size berth, lovely decor with settee to port, a night stand with a lamp and lots of storage. There is a TV and great storage. The ensuite head has a full size shower, Galley Maid head and tile floor and is totally private from the rest of the vessel.
Forward Staterooms (2)
Access to the forward staterooms is forward of the pilothouse and down a curving stairwell on the starboard side. Immediately you see teak hatches next to lower dinette. Under this teak hatch is the machinery room with two generators, AC units, and supplies.
The lower dinette to starboard can sleep two. There are updated drapes and teak detailing throughout the yacht. There is a color TV and an excellent area to set up office. Opposite is a double guest cabin with crisscross upper and lower berths and its adjoining head with shower. Forward is the Crew's stateroom, or guest stateroom, with upper and lower single berths and adjoining head with shower. The head has a tan granite countertop and tile floor. Above the drawers is a flat-screen TV and access hatch to the bow with plenty of natural lighting. Both staterooms are fully furnished with drapes, liners, pillows carpeting and other items. The storage in both these staterooms is plentiful and well appreciated on long trips.
- Raymarine E120 sounder
- Hydraulic mast
- Simrad autopilot
- Flat screen TV
- Low profile davit
- E-120 Speed and distance log
- Furuno color Radar 48 mile
- Hailer with horn
- FM Stereo and Tape Player
- (2) Helm seats
- Rudder position indicator
Full beam, factory cockpit with a transom door and gate to the swim platform. There is a coaming bolster around the cockpit. Two fiberglass deck boxes are positioned against the forward bulkhead. A large lazarette is accessed by a hatch in the sole. There are newly refurbished, spare Nibral props in lazarette with space for all your supplies. Great access for fishing, diving or docking.
Pilothouse-Main Deck Forward, Amidship
- Raymarine E120 GPS Chart plotter, depth sounder, fish finder
- Furuno 72 mile color radar
- Speed and distance log
- VHF radio
- Simrad Autopilot
- Intercom throughout the boat
- Rudder position indicator
- Raymarine wind indicator
- Stainless 66 lb anchor in bow pulpit on roller with 250' of chain
- Bottom job and cutlass bearings-2014
- 2nd Anchor - easily accessible on deck, has 250'+ rode
- 3rd Danforth anchor located in lazarette
- Electric windlass with deck switches
- 2 deck boxes on foredeck with covers Wash down system - freshwater
- Dock lines, fenders and boat hook
- Bow rail & teak handrails, varnished and covered
- Bow splash rail
- Boarding ladder with mounts, port and starboard, and quick releases
- Tide- Ride ladder with railing & quick releases
- Swim ladder
- Swim platform
- Transom lights
- Transom door & gate to swim platform
- Low profile davit for tender
- Cradles for tender
- Radar mast can be lowered hydraulically
- Deck lights, spreader lights, and courtesy lights make her beautiful at night
- Spray rails on hull forward
- Complete set of cushions for all seats
- 4 rod holders
- Life ring throw line under stair case
- Forward bow seating
Lauderdale Lady Package
Only 2 Hatteras vessels this length had the factory upgrade "Lauderdale Lady Package" which was a substantial value added at the time of purchase. The package includes:
- Extended factory deck that shows more interior space
- Circular stainless steel staircase to the bridge
- Curved stairwell from salon to the master stateroom
- Hydraulic fold down mast
- Designer curved glass dining area that wraps around the circular stair
- Large bar to starboard
- Center rear door to cockpit
- Expansive full width VIP stateroom
- 8 AC units
- 200 gallon additional fuel capacity for long trips
- Covington upgraded engine package at 905 HP
- Built in safe and hidden refrigerator in owners stateroom all cedar walled
Additional Upgrades Include
- Rebuild SMOH includes complete engines in upper and lower.
- New designer fabric up grades on Flybridge (2011)
- New SMX AC digital controls in Master
- Several windows that showed signs of wear replaced
- Added Mahogony floor hatches
- New 8D batteries-2018
- Stabilizers heavy duty Sea Brace
Engine Room-Below Deck, Amidship
- Detroit Diesel 12V71TI's 905 HP Upgraded by Covington (Covington to 905 HP)
- Twin x 905 hp Port approximately 1200 hrs SMOH; Starboard approximately 550 hrs SMOH
- Onan generator 1500 hrs.
- Stabilizers - built by Sea Brace
- Emergency engine stops
- Fuel Filters
- Fire control system
- Fuel shut-off valves at pilothouse
- Fuel Management system
- Oil transfer system
- 4 Bilge pumps
- Raw water sea strainers
- Water filtration system
- Engine synchronizers by Glendinning
- Fire extinguisher system
- Engine temperature alarm
- Oil temperature alarm
- Water temperature alarm
- Fuel prime pump
- Bilge blowers
- Water tank level gauge
- Engine room sound insulation
- Water heater
- Engine room maintained in white glove condition
- New Batteries 2018
- AC/DC 110 Volt & 220 Volt
- Dockside electrical cables
- Electrical bonding system
- Transformer for power
- Battery charger
- Battery condition gauge
- 20 Onan kW with 1100 hours
- 2 Glendinning cable masters
- Isuzu 17KW generator with 1000 hours
Sunplaces IV is a classic Hatteras with timeless lines and legendary quality. Some of her outstanding features include: stainless steel spiral staircase, updated stainless steel appliances, Sea Brace stabilizers, additional fuel capacity, flat screen TV's, davit, and more. Her Covington Detroit Diesels run strong and she is a must see in the classic motor yacht segment.