Aquarius Alfa was built for a passionate yacht owner who implanted his extensive knowledge gained during the construction of several previous yachts to help Nautor achieve the perfect blue-water performance cruiser. A further development of the Swan 100 Raised Saloon and Flush Deck models, Aquarius is the first to feature the ‘Semi-Raised Saloon’ configuration incorporating a sleek low-level coach roof. This modern deck configuration allows for a spacious four-guest cabin interior with full-beam master cabin aft. The main saloon features a dining table for eight guests plus a comfortable sofa with coffee table. On deck, the main cockpit area is Midship and offers convertible dining tables and sofas on either side. The aft cockpit is for navigation and sail control with twin helm positions.
Fully repainted in 2015 with a stunning metallic black hull, Aquarius Alfa is currently lying in Athens. Contact our office in Monaco for further information or to arrange a visit.
HULL & APPENDAGES
The hull is of single skin construction built in a female mould using glass/aramid hybrid fibre reinforced vinylester laminate with local carbon fibre reinforcements. A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties. Structural bulkheads are of Nomex honeycomb cored carbon fibre epoxy pre-preg construction and laminated to hull and deck. Stiffener flanges are unidirectional carbon fibre lay-ups over GRP shells.
Formglass safety glass with electric blinds. Three on each side featuring two in saloon, two in aft cabin and one in each aft guest cabin.
- Hull is finished in Dupont ‘Black Panther’ metallic paint with a clear coat applied on top
- Cove and boot stripes in Dupont ‘Snow White’ paint
- Hull repainted most recently in 2015
- Bottom is finished in uncoloured gelcoat with epoxy primer and black antifouling on top
The ballast bulb is a lead casting in one piece, made from 3% antimony lead alloy. Stainless steel fin that has been filled and faired with epoxy.
Rudder & Steering System
Foam filled carbon fibre rudder blade with tubular carbon stock, supported by two self-aligning bearings.
Sprocket and chain steering gear sheaves provided with guards to prevent jamming. Lightweight aluminium steering quadrant bolted to rudderstock. Two 47" (1.20 m) destroyer type composite wheels. New bottom bearing in 2012. New o-rings fitted in 2016
Dinghy Garage & Bathing Platform
- Storage for a tender in lazarette dinghy garage.
- Remote control winch to load tender
- Hydraulically operated swim platform with teak laid on top
- Hot and cold shower on platform
Passarelle/ Boarding Ladder
Hydraulically operated Multiplex carbon passarelle, telescopic and stored in lazarette.
Lazarettes port & starboard
Storage for equipment in both sides
Fore Peak / Sail Locker
Watertight bulkheads aft.
Bulkheads, floorboards and topsides painted white. Rails that double as foot steps for mooring lines, sheets and halyards, sail storage bins.
Main deck is of carbon fibre pre-preg sandwich construction with Nomex honeycomb core and glued to the hull. High density core under deck fittings. Coachroof and coamings of glass fibre reinforced vinylester with low density foam core.
Laid teak on side decks, coamings and cockpit seats and sole glued and vacuum bagged without screws.
Deck bright work is finished in Dupont ‘Snow White’ paint, most recently repainted in 2012
- Composite / stainless steel fairleads integrated in bulwark, two forward, four amidships and two aft.
- 16” retractable mooring cleats, two on fore deck, four amidships, two aft.
- Pulpit, pushpit and lifeline stanchions 680 mm high of stainless steel. Spacing conforming to ORC requirements. Stainless lifelines with polished turnbuckles and eyes. Gates in lifelines each side amidships.
- Socket for flagpole on aft deck. Stowage for three eight-man life rafts in deck lockers.
- Composite mast collar with Spartite support, custom composite boot painted white.
- Stainless folding padeyes to secure safety lines on deck.
- Two removable foot supports at helm stations.
Harken blocks, tracks and padeyes.
- By Harken, all carbon top and base
- Mainsheet – One B1130 STHA
- Primary – Two B1130 STHA
- Secondary – Two BH1130 STHA
- Halyard/Pit – Four BH990.3 STHA
Hatches and Windows
- 3x Hull windows on either side (saloon, aft cabins, master cabin)
- Custom Nautor composite flush hatches
- All hinged hatches are supported by gas cylinders
Teak Covered Hatches
- Anchor locker
- Anchor windlass locker
- Gas locker
- Sail Locker
- 2x Lazarette
- Dinghy garage
- One in crew cabin
- One in crew head
- Three in galley
- Four in master cabin
- One in master cabin head
- Two in saloon
- One in each guest cabin
- One in each guest head
- Two in starboard aft guest cabin
- One in port aft guest cabin
- One in master cabin head
Anchoring & Mooring
Lewmar vertical 5000 hydraulic windlass recessed in fore deck. Controls on a wandering lead with 3.5 m (11') cable. Winch handle controlled friction brake to allow lowering of anchor. Hydraulically controlled stainless steel anchor arm retracts into deck locker for anchor stowage.
Sanguinetti mooring winch on foredeck
Canvas & Deck Upholstery
- Dodger recessed in coach roof – black, new 2015 + dodger for main entrance
- Cockpit cushions- black and white, new 2016
- Boom awning- white
- Cockpit table cover- black
- Mainsail cover – black
- Winch covers – black
- Steering pedestal covers – black
- Steering wheel covers - black
- All berths have canvas lee cloths
- Teak is mainly used for all visible interior joinery and finished in hand-rubbed satin finish varnish
- Rounded corners on bulkheads and furniture
- Floorboards are made of lightweight sandwich material with light teak veneer on top surface with groove detailing. The floorboards are varnished with urethane varnish and have the same hand rubbed satin finish as the rest of the interior. Fully reconditioned and revarnished in 2015. All floorboards are lying on vibration damping materials and provided with hinges where frequent access to the bilge is required.
- White painted removable overhead panels are installed in all accommodation areas
- All openable hatches are fitted with manual roller blinds and mosquito screens
- Handrails throughout interior
Centerline double berth with split mattresses. Bedside tables with drawers on either side of bed with bulkhead mounted reading lights above. Hanging lockers in all four corners of the cabin.
Settee on starboard with bookshelves and lockers outboard and hull window above. Vanity desk to port with chest of drawers forward and aft. 42” flat screen television mounted above with hull window outboard. Ensuite head located forward port side with WC, wash basin, mirrors, storage lockers and separate shower compartment
Aft Starboard Guest Cabin
Twin berths with bedside table in-between and bulkhead mounted reading lights above. Two drawers under each berth. Full length hanging locker. Ensuite head with WC, wash basin, mirrors, storage lockers and separate shower compartment
Aft Port Guest Cabin
Twin berths with bedside table in-between, bulkhead mounted reading light above. Two drawers under each berth. Full length hanging locker. Upper lockers outboard. Ensuite head with WC, wash basin, mirrors, storage lockers and separate shower compartment.
Light and open plan, comfortable dining and relaxed seating. L-shaped settee to starboard with eight-person dining table. Drawers within table for tableware and linens. Two removable chairs inboard of table. Large C-shaped settee on port side with coffee table. Bottle storage inside of coffee table.
Navigation table and chair to starboard. Chart stowage and drawers, space for instruments and communication equipment
Port Forward Guest Cabin
Double berth with split mattress. Full height hanging locker. Bedside table with bulkhead reading light above. Drawers under bed, Pullman berth above. Ensuite head with WC, wash basin, mirrors, storage lockers and separate shower compartment
The galley is located on starboard side of the boat allowing access to saloon, crew quarters and the engine room. Two sinks and dishwasher are located inboard. Cooker, freezer and (washer-dryer new in 2013) located outboard. Fridge located by the entrance to saloon. Main electrical panel is placed beside the engine room entrance on the aft end of galley. Crew companionway and access to crew cabin located forward
- 1 Front loading refrigerator
- 1 Top loading refrigerator under floor boards
- 1 Top loading freezer under floor boards
- 1 Front loading freezer under counter top
- Gimballed gas stove (600 mm) with a 4-burner gas hob and 2-burner ceramic hob
- Cooker exhaust hood
- Microwave oven
- Ice maker
- Food waste disposal integrated with sink
Port Crew Cabin
Upper and lower fixed single berths. Drawers are placed where practical under the lower berth and the settee. There are lockers beside the upper berth and full length hanging lockers located at forward end of the cabins.
Starboard Crew Cabin
- A settee with a pullman berth above is located outboard in starboard cabin
- A centerline locker with fold- down table and television in the port cabin
Head is located forward and accessible via either cabin. Features WC, wash basin, mirrors, storage lockers and integrated shower
ENGINE & SYSTEMS
Engine Room Description
- Engine room is located under the saloon with aluminium structure. Access through the galley or beneath the saloon cabin sole.
- Engine room internally sound and vibration insulated.
- Drip trays under engine and generator are connected to electric waste oil drain pump.
Main Engine – 2,800 hours in March 2017
- Perkins Sabre M265Ti 6-cylider marine diesel engine. Output 195Kw (265 hp) at 2500RPM.
- ZF80A 2.85:1 reduction gear. Four-blade Varifold propeller diameter 32”, pitch 24”
- Propeller shaft 2” of corrosion resistant steel, flexible shaft coupling
- Halyard wet exhaust system with fibreglass silencers and gas/water separators installed for both main engine and diesel generator
- Lubricating system
- Two oil tanks are provided, one 80L lubricating oil tank and one 80L waste oil tank
- The waste oil tank can be filled and emptied by an electric Reverso pump, connected to a valve chest
The hydraulic system is a Bosch-Rexroth custom designed system to supply all hydraulic functions quietly and smoothly, eliminating any inherent hydraulic noise. The alternative power sources are installed to meet the demands of the sail handling equipment. Central hydraulic system is PLC controlled.
The hydraulic system is defined on a basis of a central power pack supplying regionally located valve groups, thereby achieving minimal weight to power ratio with the effect of using minimum electrical power with maximum hydraulic movement. Each control valve group is situated close to the operating unit, giving a precise control and allows for a quiet and smooth operation, eliminating inherent hydraulic noise and vibration. The system has three different sources of power obtained from:
1. Generator #1 PTO pump
2. Generator #2 PTO pump
3. DC powerpack system using two electrically powered hydraulic pumps
- Anchor windlass
- Sanguinetti capstan
- Jib furler
- Anchor swing arm
- Bow thruster plus up/down
- Inner forestay tension
- Jib halyard tensioner
- Backstay tensioner
- Boom vang
- Transom hatch cylinders
- All drum winches
- Tender winch in lazarette
Maxpower retractable hydraulically driven, R321 21Kw
Noise and Vibration
Every effort has been made to minimize noise and vibration
All engines, pumps, fans, exhaust pipes, hydraulic elements and compressors are flexible mounted.
- 2x stainless steel tanks with combined capacity of 1520 litres
- Freshwater circulation pump with pressure tank and backup pump new 2017.
- UV Sterilizer freshwater
- All piping is colour coded.
- Deck-shower in dinghy garage.
- 1x Jaspi 220 litre hot-water tank with 6kw heating element
- Shore supply connection with softener unit.
- SE-water pump for fire/anchor-wash, with connection on foredeck and aft deck and amidships plus fire hoses fore and aft.
- Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper 1500-2 watermaker producing 5600 litres per day.
- Additional new 24V DC Watermaker installed in 2016 HRO
- Water makers are fitted with pre-filters and charcoal filters for product water.
- Condaria climate control system with independent fancoils in each cabin
- 90,000 BTU main unit with 15Kw electric hearing mode
- Forced ventilation in all cabins
- Exhaust ventilators in galley and bathrooms
- Battery boxes have extractor fan to outside
- One low pressure (6 bar) Vane compressor for transom sealing and main entrance control.
- One low pressure (6 bar) back up compressor with quick connections in fore peak, engine room and lazarette
- 2x grey water tanks fore and aft, total capacity 710L
- 4x Maxi submersible bilge pumps
- 2x manual Whale Titan bilge pumps
- All marine heads Tecma Standard Plus 24V with fresh-water flush
- 2x Blackwater tanks drained by Rheinstrom pumps
- Service batteries split into 2 banks, each with capacity of 24V 750 Ah/8 h.
- Each bank with 12 units of 2V each.
- Starting batteries 24V 50Ah Ah/20 for engine and generator
- 230V 50HZ single phase 3-wire system. Supplied by shore-power, generator, or inverter.
- Power shedding system, PLC controlled.
- 2x Northern Lights M984 26 KVA generators
- Vectek VSPII Frequency converter 20 kVA accepts input 180-520 V AC, 47 to 64 HZ, installed in engine
- 2x Bosch 28V 140 A alternators on main engine for service battery charging.
- 1x 60 A alternator on main engine for main engine start battery
- Generators have their own alternators for their starting batteries
- 4x Mastervolt Mass 24V 100 A chargers for service batteries
- 1x Mastervolt Mass 24V 25 A for start batteries
- Inverter Mastervolt 24/5000 VA
- Inverter Mastervolt 24/2500 VA Sine wave, for entertainment systems
- B&G H2000 system
- Digital displays :
- 14 FFD displays : 6 below, 8 on deck
- 8 X 20/20 displays on deck
- 2x B&G analogue 360 degree wind direction.
- 2x B&G analogue 45 degree magnified wind direction.
- Furuno ZTL12F touch screen charter plotter/radar displays (new 2017)
- One display at nav station, one on deck at mainsheet winch island
- 36Nm Radar antenna on front of mast
B&G Hercules 2000 ACP2 Hydraulic autopilot with two Rexroth cylinders
- Nuk navigation computer connected to Samsung 15" screen at navstation, running MaxSea software
- Mac computer connected to entertainment system
- Iridium satellite communications
- Raymarine VHF Radio
- Sailor VHF Radio
- Inmarsat Standard C
- R&R Electronic Delta Pacific active antenna.
- Sailor SSB Radio
Tracvision TV6 antenna on port lower spreader
42” television with Bose lifestyle system
DVB decoder for Sat TV
Guest cabins :
Samsung 20” flat screen televisions
Owner's cabin :
42” flatscreen television
DVB decoder for Sat TV
4JL audio system amplified by 3x amplification units and connected to 4x speakers and subwoofer system
MAST & RIGGING
- Four spreader rig with discontinuous shrouds by Offshore Spars. Faired and painted white
- Mast and boom were repainted in 2011
- Fully serviced in 2015, all rods replaced
- Spreaders swept back 25 degrees.
- I= 40.00m
- J= 10.70m
- Fore triangle 214 m²
- Main sail 240 m²
- 110% Jib 237.7 m²
- Gennaker 797 m
- Carbon fibre Intermediate modulus with luff track for mainsail.
- Masthead is moulded carbon-fibre
- Internal wiring protected in PVC tubes.
- Ventilation conduits
- Carbon fibre spreaders.
- Four down lights on lower spreaders.
- One pair up light on each spreader.
- PVC mast boot, sealed.
- Trysail track.
- Navtec rod, all replaced in 2015
- Running backstays are aramid cable.
- Main shroud rigging screws of barrel pin types.
- Head stay and inner forestay have toggles at upper & lower end.
Carbon fibre standard modulus white painted Park Avenue boom with last jacks. Hydraulic outhaul system. Three reefs in main. Built in deck lights. Boom preventer system.
- Reckmann hydraulic furling head stay
- Navtec boom vang
- Navtec jib halyard tensioner
- Mainsail outhaul
- Navtec split backstay
- Mast Cunningham
- Inner forestay tensioner
Inventory available on request
Hydraulic mast jack with spacer and removable manual pump plus one pneumatic (air piston) pump.
- 3.2m jet tender, stores in aft tender garage
- Bauer dive compressor
- Cable master (for shore power connection)
Anchoring and Mooring
- CQR 180 lbs anchor on hydraulic launching arm.
- Fortress FX-80 kedge anchor.
- 120m X 14mm high tensile chain.
- 100m X 25mm plaited nylon anchor line.
- Assorted fenders
- Anchor light with cable and plug
- 3x 12person liferafts
- 2x Man Overboard Modules mounted on pushpit
- 2x Horseshoe buoys mounted on pushpit with light
- Sea-fire extinguishing system for E/R.
- Hand extinguishers Gloria P2G in each cabin.
- Fire blanket in galley
Main - 2011 - North Sails - 3DL Marathon with taffeta covering
Furling genoa - 2011 - North Sails - 3DL Marathon with taffeta covering
Staysail - 2011 - North Sails - SC 448 with taffeta covering
Gennaker - 2011 - North Sails - With sock and air snuffer
Price may be changed without notice
Boat is offered subject to still being available
The particulars are believed to be correct but not guaranteed