RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
- The hull is of single skin construction using glass/aramid hybrid fibre reinforced polyester laminate.
- A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties.
- A synthetic surface mat is applied after the gelcoat for increased resistance against water penetration.
- Structural bulkheads are of plywood laminated to hull and deck with foam strips between.
- Stiffener flanges are unidirectional lay-ups over foam cores.
- Engine beds are of GRP with steel inserts.
- Special care is taken to assure rigid foundation and proper adhesion to hull.
- The mast is stepped through the deck onto a galvanised steel mast step.
- Topsides are painted in Aristo Blue Awlgrip paint (2008).
- Boot top, cove stripe and coaming stripe are white.
- Osmosis treatment in 2008 including nine coats of West System epoxy, white antifouling paint May 2008/2011.
- Sea cocks of bronze for all through-hull connections below waterline, finished flush with outside and located in accessible positions.
- Inboard side of sea cocks fitted with stud long enough to take two hose clamps.
- Deck is of GRP sandwich construction with foam core, and glued and through-bolted to the hull.
- High-density core under deck fittings.
- Exterior woodwork (new 2008); Laid teak 12 mm thick on bridge deck, cockpit soles and seats, glued and vacuum bagged without screws.
- Teak sheet and halyard cleats.
- Teak toe rail with two pair of fairleads amidships and two pairs on bow.
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel is a lead casting with antimony.
- Cast-in keel bolts are of high-tensile stainless steel.
- Of foam filled GRP with high strength stainless steel stock, supported by two roller bearings.
- Weed deflector in front of rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes (Revised in 2002 and 2008, new turbocharger in 2008):
- Perkins Sabre M200Ti 6-cylinder turbo-charged and intercooled marine diesel engine, output 165 kW/225 HP at 2500 rpm, with Hurth HSW 630 a reverse/reduction gear 2.52:1. Engine hours: 8,651 as of 26/04/18.
- Engine space internally sound insulated fire resistance meeting SOLAS B-15 requirements.
- Drip tray integral with engine bed.
- Wet exhaust system with fibreglass silencer, discharge through transom.
- Silencer provided with drain tap.
- Thermostat-controlled fresh water cooling with heat exchanger on engine.
- A separate heat exchanger for the consumable fresh water is included in the same circuit making hot water available whenever the engine is running.
- Seawater intake with strainer.
- Discharge through exhaust system.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Propeller shaft made of high-tensile corrosion resistant steel with flexible shaft coupling. PSS shaft seal.
- Shaft supported by rubber bearing at bracket and stern tube.
- Three-bladed feathering propeller, diameter 800 mm by LUKE.
- Cable steering gear sheaves provided with guards to prevent jamming.
- Aluminium steering quadrant bolted to rudder stock.
- 70" recessed destroyer type wheel with elkhide cover, 1.4 turns H.O. to H.O.
- Pedestal with roller bearings and friction brake. Emergency tiller stowed in lazarette.
- 11.5 HP MAXPOWER retractable powered by dedicated hydraulic power pack.
Engine Cockpit Controls:
- Engine control ON/OFF.
- Start and stop buttons/glow button.
- Paralleling button for start and service batteries.
- Single lever control of throttle and gear shift.
- Coolant temperature gauge.
- Oil pressure gauge for engine.
- Tachometer with hour meter.
- Warning light and audible alarm for low oil pressure/high coolant or exhaust temperature.
- Control light for starting and service battery charging.
- Fuel tank gauges.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Sea water hoses of reinforced PVC tubing, fresh water hoses of nylon and copper tubing.
- Pressurised and heated water.
- Single lever mixing faucets type Oras for washbasins, galley sinks, and showers.
- The consumable water can be heated either with engine cooling water or with a heating elements working on AC.
- Hot water tank capacity 2x 60 ltr (15.8 US gallons).
- Electrical deck wash/fire pumps with connection on fore and aft deck, 15 m (50 ft.) hose provided.
- Sea water tap in galley connected to deck wash pump.
- 190lt/hr Marinco watermaker (New Membranes 2008).
- Three bilge pumps - one electrical submersible 140 ltr/min (37 US gallons) with automatic switch, and two manual Whale Titan 100 ltr/min (26 gallons).
- All fuel and water tanks are of welded stainless steel, and provided with baffles, inspection covers, sounding plug, and vent pipes.
- Fuel Capacity 1,870 Litres in four tanks.
- Shut-off valves for each tank.
- Fuel valve chest with return valve for each tank.
- A dual Racor fuel filter/water separator with water alarm on feed line to engine and a single SWK 2000/5K for diesel generator.
- Tanks are vented to deck edge.
- Water capacity 1,580 ltr (417 US gallons), in four tanks with one filler line from deck terminating at valve chest under saloon floor.
- Water tank level gauges, type VDO.
- Tank vent pipes terminate at galley sink.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Shower sump tanks are of GRP, integral with the moulded floor liner.
- Sinks and wash basins
- Galley sinks drained through sea cock.
- Wash basins and showers drain to sump tanks, capacity about 60 ltr (16 US gallons) each.
- Sump tanks are emptied by manual Whale pump or electrical pump.
- Outlets above waterline.
- Electric solenoid shut-off near cooker, gas bottle stored in vented locker below helmsman seat.
- BEP 2 zone Gas alarm system.
- Muster alarm system.
Summary of Accommodation:
- All joinery work is done in accordance with the best yacht practice, using first-grade materials.
- Teak with hand rubbed satin finish is used for all visible woodwork.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer, providing access to the bilge.
- Quick pins provided for lifting the floorboards.
- Topsides where visible lined with teak battens.
- Overhead lined with removable paneling.
- Wooden trim inside overhead hatches renewed in 2008.
- Roller blinds/mosquito screens for hinged deck hatches from 0.5 m width upwards.
- Cabinets, tables, bureaus, seats, dressers etc. have rounded corners.
- Doors, partitions and paneling throughout are teak-faced plywood.
- Door sills have stainless steel chafing pieces.
- Self-engaging latches with bumpers to hold doors in open position.
- Hanging lockers are equipped with rods and hooks and have bottom drawers where possible, and their doors are provided with louvers for ventilation.
- Drawers are secured with latches.
- Wooden companionway ladders with non-slip steps.
- Hard bottom berths equipped with canvas leeboards.
- Complete supply of bed linen.
- Dark blue covers with white stripes for settees.
- Complete supply of towels for interior and exterior.
- White blinds in saloon.
Hatches and Portlights:
- On fore deck two-part hinged aluminium hatches to deck stowage, and anchor windlass.
- Sliding hatch of aluminium and tinted Perspex above sail locker
- Goiot deck hatches and portholes.
- Main companionway lockable sliding hatch of tinted acrylic.
- In aft cockpit hinged GRP hatches to lazarette.
- Gas locker under helmsman's seat.
- Liferaft lockers in aft cockpit.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Single berth installed; though no cushion.
- Storage lockers on port side outboard.
Forward Guest Cabins (Port and Starboard side, forward of saloon):
- Double lower berths.
- Pullman upper berth each side.
- Hanging lockers and drawers provided.
- Each cabin has en suite head with integrated shower.
- U-Shaped dining settee to port with seating for eight persons around large teak table.
- Settee to starboard with coffee table.
- Bookshelves and lockers to port and starboard,
- Bar and liquor locker in SB forward corner.
- The U-shaped galley is located to port amidships.
- Forward facing chart table with seat and storage for charts (completely renewed in 2011 refit).
- Provided with shelves, lockers, drawers and space for instruments and radios on angled panels.
- Main switchboard on engine room bulkhead.
- Aft of switchboard entrance to engine room.
- Oilskin locker aft of engine room door.
Aft Guest Cabin:
- Forward of the owner’s cabin along the starboard side corridor, there is a guest cabin with upper and lower berths and en suite head with shower.
- Also along the aft corridor, there is a Candy washing machine hidden behind a panel on the inboard side.
- The master stateroom expands the full beam of the yacht with centreline double berth and an en suite head and separate shower stall.
- To port, a vanity desk with lockers and mirror above, to starboard, a settee that doubles as an additional berth.
- On both port and starboard sides, there are hanging lockers, bookshelves, drawers and cabinets.
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting with headsail tack hooks and two anchor rollers.
- Stainless steel chainplates bolted to reinforced mast bulkhead.
- Backstay chain plate attached to hull structure.
- Roller bearing deck blocks for halyards and slab reefing at mast partners.
- Aluminium genoa sheet tracks with recirculating ball bearing cars.
- Aluminium staysail sheet tracks with recirculating ball bearing cars.
- Screw-in fittings for spinnaker aft guy blocks each side amidships.
- Screw-in fittings for trysail sheets.
- Stowage position for runners near main shrouds.
- Aluminium main sheet track with recirculating ball bearing car.
- Roller fairleads at stern.
- Aluminium mast collar.
- Scantlings to Nautor's standards.
- Spars built of extruded aluminium alloy sections.
- Triple spreader masthead rig with discontinuous shrouds.
- Nautor mast of oval section, with external tangs and Harken System C track for full-batten mainsail.
- Tapered and welded masthead with two spinnaker cranes and three Harken halyard sheaves.
- Internal wiring, shielded in PVC tubes secured to mast.
- Open spreaders of polished stainless tubing with adjustable longitudinal angle.
- Spinnaker gooseneck track with line driver tackle on forward side.
- One toggle pin each side for jockey pole.
- Neoprene mast boot with Dacron cover.
- Standing rigging (2015); of Navtec Nitronic rod., Babystay, inner forestay, runners and checkstays in Dyneema.
- Shroud rollers on babystay and main shrouds.
- Boom of oval, tapered section with internal two-part outhaul led to Lewmar 30 CST winch, and arranged for slab reefing with three reefing lines.
- One spinnaker pole and one jockey pole of round section with appropriate fittings.
- Spinnaker pole provided with recessed handles.
- Removable aluminium bowsprit prod attached to stemhead fitting.
- Rig Hydraulics for backstay adjustment, one Navtec hydraulic cylinder; for babystay and inner forestay adjustment under-deck cylinders.
- Hydraulic boom vang with high-pressure return.
- Four-function one-gauge System 50 central control panel in aft cockpit.
- 2 x Primaries Harken 1100 ST hydraulic winches with removable pedestal coffee grinders.
- 2 x Secondary Harken 980.2 ST hydraulic.
- 1 x Main Halyard Harken 66.3 ST hydraulic.
- 1 x Main Sheet Harken 66.2 ST hydraulic.
- 1 x Main Sheet Harken 66.2 ST manual.
- 1 x Halyard Harken 66.2 ST hydraulic.
- 2 x Halyards Harken 66.2 ST manual.
- 1 x Topping lift Harken 56.2 ST manual.
- 1 x Staysail Halyard Harken 56.2 ST manual.
- 2 x Traveller Harken 42.2 ST manual.
- 2 x Runners Harken 66.2 ST hydraulic.
- North Sail Spectra (main sail 2008).
- Shore Sail Dacron 140% roller furling Genoa (North Sail 2002).
- Doyle storm jib.
- Doyle storm trysail.
- North Sails asymmetrical spinnaker (2000).
- Folding hydraulic bathing platform on transom.
- Cockpit table for forward cockpit.
- Pulpit, pushpit and lifeline stanchions 750 mm high of stainless steel, with bases bolted through deck. Spacing conforming to ORC requirements.
- Pulpit of the open type, and equipped with a seat.
- Stainless lifelines.
- Gates in lifelines each side amidships.
- Socket for flag pole on pushpit.
- Two screw-in deck blocks for aft guy/trysail sheets.
- Two pairs of roller fairleads with separate stoppers for genoa, one pair with separate stoppers for staysail.
- Bosun's chair.
- Flag pole.
- Four 6 kg aluminium LPG tanks including securing arrangements and pressure Regulator.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 6 x 16" stainless steel mooring cleats, two on fore deck, two amidships, two aft.
- Recessed electric windlass, Lofrans Titan "A" with single gypsy and rope drum.
- Hand control with 3.5 m (11') cable.
- Chain locker with hatch.
- External control buttons mounted on foredeck,
- One Delta 50kg anchor on stemhead with 100m 12mm galvanized anchor chain (new 2007)
- One Danforth 60 H (27 kg) anchor stowed below deck with 20m 12mm s/s chain and 50m braided rope
- Four mooring lines 15 m each, diameter 20 mm.
- Two mooring lines 25 m each, diameter 20 mm.
- Six inflatable fenders with lines.
- One boat hook stowed below.
- Anchor light with cable and plug.
- Four removable cleat guards.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Full cockpit cushions for forward cockpit, including backrests.
- GRP moulded hood for companionway hatch.
- GRP moulded dorade ventilation boxes, lazarette, cockpit and foredeck hatches.
- Mainsail cover (2016).
- Collapsible bimini for forward and aft cockpits.
- Centre Cockpit Dodger (new 2008).
- Table cover.
- Wheel covers.
- Console cover.
- Winch covers.
Tender & Outboard:
- 2.7m Zodiac inflatable dinghy with 25 hp Yamaha outboard.
- Outboard bracket on pushpit.
- Stowage for two eight-man liferafts in cockpit lockers.
- Total flooding system for engine and generator space with remote control at main companionway.
- Portable fire extinguishers 1 in galley, 1 nav station, 1 aft stateroom, 2 guest cabins.
- Fire blanket in galley.
- Safety belts for navigator and cook.
- Large first aid kit with offshore supplies and medicine (upgraded 2011).
- 3 x Ocean safety liferafts; 2 x mounted on the pushpit rail. 1 x Mounted on the main hatch garage.
- 2 x MOM8 Man overboard modules on pushpit.
- 1 x EPIRB 406 MHz GPS G4 class 2.
- 1 x EPIRB 406 MHz GPS Kannard class 2.
- 12 x Crew saver 150 N life jackets.
- Smoke alarm in engine room.